HELP!!!!

HELP!!!!

Postby Tri-Supply » July 21st, 2016, 12:24 pm

Ok, I'm in really over my head. I've gotten the basics on printing/cutting down,but I still cannot use the Silver Bullet for the reason we purchased it.
We wanted to be able to cut-out very unique styled price tags for our business. All tags are double sided and need to be cut precisely..

I've watched all videos available and cannot seem to progress.. Here's my issues.

I can print the files with the registration marks, but once I proceed to print/cut it asks me to manually input the registration marks. I know that can't be the case. If anyone can help, please do. I appreciate it..
Tri-Supply

Cutter: 24" SILVER BULLET PROFESSIONAL

Re: HELP!!!!

Postby Gigi » July 21st, 2016, 12:57 pm

Need more info. Are you printing from the SCAL program or from another program. If another program, did you follow the instructions on how to do print and cut from another program? Have you calibrated your machine? What size machine do you have and how large is your card stock/paper that you are trying to cut. When you have your "print and cut" open in SCAL and do a preview, do the registration marks show? Sometimes they print out of range of the mat you have chosen so the program doesn't see them. Grasping at straws here because I have never heard of this before - and have heard a lot! :)

You haven't had your machine very long so I hope you have taken the time to get to learn the basics first as print and cut can be tricky if you don't have a good understanding of the machine.

You can also upload the file or send me the file (admin@silverbulletcutters.com) so we can look at it and have a better understanding of what you are trying to do.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Tri-Supply » July 21st, 2016, 1:35 pm

Thank you for your response. Here's the answers to your questions..

1. I'm printing from SCAL
2. I'm using letter card stock.
3. I have the Silver Bullet Professional
4. Registration marks show and print just fine.

How does the program recognize the Registration Marks? If I've missed some tutorial, please point me in the right direction...
Thanks!!
Tri-Supply

Cutter: 24" SILVER BULLET PROFESSIONAL

Postby Gigi » July 21st, 2016, 2:13 pm

Have you calibrated your machine per the print and cut instructions in the learning center? That is step one. They you follow the print and cut instructions in the software - as you move the laser light over each of the three "dot" - that is how it recognizes them.

Did you watch this video that is a little more current than the one in the learning center (although I am thinking maybe you missed that one as well if you don't understand how they are recognized. I would recommend you watch both again - the learning center and this one. Scroll down to the video - second msg.
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5837
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General