Post your skype name here!!!!!!!!

Re: Post your skype name here!!!!!!!!

Postby jobab » June 4th, 2011, 9:07 pm

Hi
Better late than never, My skype name is jobab1
Ohh by the way for those of you who don't know me I am the BC distributor on the west coasr of Australia

Cheers
Jo
jobab

Cutter: Silver Bullet,Silhouette Cameo,cougar

Postby Retta » June 5th, 2011, 10:41 am

I just added a bunch of people and there were a few I couldn't get. Could you all check if you have a request from me. - Rettain is my Skype name. Thanks.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Gramof8 » June 5th, 2011, 11:58 am

EarlineO would love to skype !
Gramof8

Postby colleen » June 9th, 2011, 9:08 am

Hi I was just wondering what is the deal with this SKYPE. I know many of you do this because it has been mentioned but it seems like it is just a private group among the regulars. I would be interested in being on SKYPE with you and working on projects just so I am not alone when crafting and maybe will get more crafting done(lol). I am home during the day and am up late like many of you. I see that people on this post say that they would like to SKYPE but I have yet to see a posting that says "we are on SKYPE now, come join if you can". I have sent SKYPE requests to several of the regulars on the this forum but get no reply. I think this would be a great way to learn from some of the more experienced BC users but get the feeling I just not part of the "in crowd" just like when I was in high school(lol) . If you ever decide to open up your group, please let us know. It might be nice to have an all are welcome SKYPE session once in awhile and we can get to know others and make friends. I am not to familiar with SKYPE so maybe there is a limit to the amount of people that can be on at one time and that's why there is just a small group of you. I remember once being on chat or SKYPE on the MTC forum and it felt nice just to have background conversation when I was working on a project plus I learned something new just by listening. This is a great forum and I appreciate everybody's efforts and hard work on being helpful and a welcoming place to visit. Thanks so much.
colleen

Cutter: 13 in. Cougar MTC/SCAL

Postby JeannetteC » June 9th, 2011, 9:25 am

Hi Colleen, when you make a request of anyone, make sure that you state that you are from this forum. I know for myself that if I don't recognise the person, or if they haven't identified that they are from here, I just ignore them. There's creepers out there that try to become your friend, yuck!
I'm somewhat of a newbie to Skype, so still learning on the limits and such. I don't think I've ever seen an audio conversation above 6-8 people in it, but I don't know if that's a physical limit, or a natural one since it gets harder to follow if there are too many people in it.
Start by requesting friendships. I know I'm guilty of calling or messaging people I know, but strangers are friends we haven't met yet! I felt the same way as you sometimes, but it does take a bit of time to establish the contacts off the forum. Once this happens you will feel more included.
JeannetteC

Postby CaseysAngel » June 9th, 2011, 9:32 am

humm, I have no skype request honey I don't think that I haven't answered.

It's usually typing when we all come in and maybe that's where you are missing it. I'm not sure who started the group but we need to get you added to that somehow. We can't ALL talk in one conversation, it won't let us. I can't talk to more than 3 or 4 or my internet completely goes out, it just won't handle it right now. They say the new equipment they put in isn't working right and by the end of the month they will have MORE new equipment so maybe then but right now I can't.

Oh, and I am hardly EVER on during the day. I have 3 kid's and I babysit 2-4 others. I do not have time to skype during the day. I usually don't get on at night , especially with it being summer, until 9 or 10 p.m.

Also as Jeanette Says be sure you state you are from here or I won't accept either. I just checked and I don't have a request from you now are you on my list so I can't talk to you.LOL if you ddi send me a request I probably declined it not knowing who you were. I apologize for that!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby JeannetteC » June 9th, 2011, 9:39 am

Christy, I get to have a later bedtime soon, lol! Only a little longer before I'm out for the summer.
JeannetteC

Postby CaseysAngel » June 9th, 2011, 9:46 am

JeannetteC wrote:Christy, I get to have a later bedtime soon, lol! Only a little longer before I'm out for the summer.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby colleen » June 9th, 2011, 5:29 pm

Thanks Jeanette and Christy:

I have identified myself as owning a cougar and belonging to both boards. I was just curious as to what this SKYPE thing was all about and if there is limits to the amount of people that can talk at one time and apparently there are. Hopefully one day there will be a way that a whole group can be on together. Since there are so man pages of people posting there SKKPE and I didn't see anything happening with it, I thought maybe i was missing something since I am not so familiar with how it works. If there is anybody out there who is like me and doesn't like to craft "alone" feel free to SKYPE me. Thanks Again.
colleen

Cutter: 13 in. Cougar MTC/SCAL

Postby Sassycutter » June 12th, 2011, 5:13 pm

Okay...I have heard of SKYPE, never been to SKYPE, or know any one who uses it. Is this video and audio? Just audio? I don't have a webcam or microphone that I know of. I am SO sorry to be so ignorant, but that is why I "stalk" the forum to learn!!!!! :?:
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby Suzan » June 12th, 2011, 5:16 pm

conicuts wrote:I've got most of you added, except Suzan, your name I couldn't find via a skype search so add me! :)

I just saw this Coni, I will add you, then will you tell me my skype name. I can't remember it. :banghead:
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Suzan » June 12th, 2011, 5:22 pm

Ok I am an idiot, my skype name is silvertip47
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby CaseysAngel » June 13th, 2011, 9:35 am

Sassycutter wrote:Okay...I have heard of SKYPE, never been to SKYPE, or know any one who uses it. Is this video and audio? Just audio? I don't have a webcam or microphone that I know of. I am SO sorry to be so ignorant, but that is why I "stalk" the forum to learn!!!!! :?:

it's all of the above sis.LOL

There is a group of us that just type (though I always seem to miss them) , groups of us talk, and you CAN do video but only with two people in the conversation unless you pay. Rach uses it sometimes to help people with their cougar if they need it but other than that I'm not sure of anyone who actually uses the video part of it.
CaseysAngel

Postby Sassycutter » June 13th, 2011, 7:48 pm

I understand instant messaging and chat rooms, so it is kind of like that? Sorry to be so dense!!!! :banghead:
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby Gigi » June 13th, 2011, 9:39 pm

LOL - love your avatar!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Mary Kobe » June 17th, 2011, 11:41 am

Just now entering the world of technology! LOL

Mine is marykobe

thanks!
Mary Kobe

Postby Angel135612 » July 4th, 2011, 11:13 pm

Mary Kobe wrote:Just now entering the world of technology! LOL

Mine is marykobe

thanks!

Mary, I had sent you an invitation to add me to your contacts, but you never answered me.

I've been going through some of the older posts and thought I would bring this one back to the top (Does this forum do that when something is posted to an old thread), so that any one new can add their names also, if they wanted to.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Previous

Return to General