Same design cutting over and over

Same design cutting over and over

Postby DBY » March 27th, 2016, 12:42 pm

Happy Easter!
I have three of the same design to cut on my cutting mat in the software. When I send the cut job to the machine it cuts the same design over the top of the original cut over and over again. I am sure this is a simple click of the button to why this is happening.

Can someone tell me why this is happening and what I can do to make it stop??
Thank you!
DBY

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet...YEAH!!

Re: Same design cutting over and over

Postby Gigi » March 27th, 2016, 2:40 pm

Need more information!

How do you have the designs laid out on your mat? If you just have one design and are hitting multicut it's going to cut it three times in the same place.

There are a lot of ways to cut a design three times. You can lay it out on your mat three times and then cut once, using either origin or WYSIWYG. Or you can have it once, pick origin cutting so you don't waste room, start it in the front right of your paper and then when it's done with that one, go offline, move the blade to the next spot where you want to cut it, and then cut again.

If it was me, I would probably lay out the three designs on my mat to save the most space and then cut it that way.

HTH.

Happy Easter!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby DBY » March 28th, 2016, 9:20 am

Thank you for your reply. I realized in the "layers" of the SCAL software that there were FOUR layers of each design in there. I removed three layers from each of the three designs on the mat and it is fine now. I have NO IDEA how I got four layers for each design. It now just makes me double check before cutting.

Thank you for your reply, but I figured it out.
DBY

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet...YEAH!!

Postby Gigi » March 28th, 2016, 9:55 am

Glad you were able to figure it out! I think most of us have done that a time or two!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General