Help me~ mat is wiggling while it is cutting

Help me~ mat is wiggling while it is cutting

Postby youngcoffee » March 2nd, 2016, 10:14 am

I'm in panic. T.T I'm cutting a leprechaun mask for my kid's classroom project. It was alright cutting over 10 masks. And suddenly, mat started to wiggling and cut a wrong side and ruined some masks so far.
I don't know why suddenly mat is moving now. Somebody help me.
youngcoffee

Cutter: SB 24"

Re: Help me~ mat is wiggling while it is cutting

Postby Gigi » March 2nd, 2016, 10:44 am

you should be using the two outside pinch wheels. Be sure they are not covered in adhesive and are over the grit shaft. My guess after only cutting ten masks is that one or both may have moved off the grit shaft. Move the pinch wheel to line up with the white rectangle above it. If they are too gunky, then clean the pinch wheel, but check for their position first.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby youngcoffee » March 7th, 2016, 5:26 pm

Thank you for your reply. i moved to two pinch wheels a bit. And rotated a mat. After that, it seems alright so far. I just purchased some mats from Thats Scrap inc. I hope it would be better than Cricut mats.
youngcoffee

Cutter: SB 24"

Postby Gigi » March 7th, 2016, 5:32 pm

OMG yes - the mats that Sherri sells are made for the machine and you will get the best performance with them - plus they last forever - just keep rotating them.

I have a ton of Cricut mats that I picked up years ago in bulk. I will pull them out to use for other things, or sometimes (in the past) have used them with the machine in a pinch. But now I keep a surplus of SB mats on hand so I never have to use anything else to cut. They clearly DO make a difference.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby marsha » June 11th, 2016, 8:48 am

Im having the same issue my mat has been moving when it is cutting. The pinch wheels are clean less than 2 months I've bought 4 mats and the mat are brand new but the mat still moving around. I wrote a question here and it was removed Whats up about that? Plus when I turn SB on it takes 4 seconds to turn on and it makes a loud noise. When I bought the machine it didnt make this weird sound after a week that i was doing flower it started to make this loud noise. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP Please somebody help
1- The wheels are clean
2- The mat is new
3- I moved around the wheels
4- The wheels are not stick because its clean
Marsha
marsha

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro

Postby Gigi » June 11th, 2016, 10:22 am

Be sure the pinch wheels are directly over the grit shaft. That is a common reason for the mat to move. There are white boxes over the pinch wheels that designate the area of the grit shaft. Be sure they are lined up with that.

And you say the pinch wheels are clean because it has only been two months. Depending on how much you are using the machine, they could have a build up of the adhesive, especially if you are running them directly over the adhesive over and over again. Double check them as well as they may need cleaning.

As for the loud noise, contact Sherri if that continues.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » June 11th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Like Gigi - I think it is most likely that you are not aligning the pinch wheels directly on the grift shafts on the bottom roller. Make sure that you have them aligned directly under a white rectangle above. This is a common occurrence, especially for new users, that causes the mat to shift/move under the rollers as you try to cut. Also, the mat can also move if you are using too much pressure and/or blade depth - causing it to dig into the mat some and forcing the mat to move rather than gliding over the media. You didn't say what media you are trying to cut or what your settings are. That information can be helpful to someone trying to help.

Anytime anyone is having issues with the SB, especially if it is relatively new and under warranty - one of the first things you should do is reach out to your dealer to help. They are all very good about helping IF they are made aware of the issue/problem/concern.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Return to General