Should I "Bite the bullet" and buy?

Should I "Bite the bullet" and buy?

Postby jvalentin » February 11th, 2016, 1:57 pm

I've been thinking about getting a silverbullet after being disappointed with the Silhouette Cameo.I know it will be better, so was about to buy but have been turned on to the KNK Force and now am torn between the two. The 15" Silver Bullet Professional Series is almost $1000, over $250 more than the Max force, and is lacking in a few features. However, I would like some experienced advice before deciding. Does anyone know which will bring the best cut for vinyls and thin sheet metal (roofing flashing)? Thanks in advance for the help.
jvalentin

Cutter: prospective buyer

Re: Should I "Bite the bullet" and buy?

Postby sugrfoot » March 1st, 2016, 11:33 am

Just from my experiences. I in the past owned 3 different KNK machines. I was never happy with any machine. I started out small and was told my problems were because I bought a lower grade machine. So i went bigger, and then got a new model the third time. None of them every worked the way they proclaimed to work. You won't go wrong purchasing the silver bullet. I have had mine for a long time (years) and it's still running like new. As they say you get what you pay for.
sugrfoot

Postby jvalentin » April 20th, 2016, 8:53 am

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I didn't receive any feedback in time for my purchase making time, and now I have spent my money on a machine that agrees with your experiences. It's alright, just too manual and experimental. I am using my old silhouette cameo for consistent vinyl cutting and the Force for thicker materials, but those times are constant reminders that I should have gone with a higher end machine. I may try and find a used Silverbullet next.

Thanks again.
jvalentin

Cutter: prospective buyer

Postby Gigi » April 20th, 2016, 9:31 am

If you are interested in a used machine, keep watching the "Items for Sale" section of the forum. You can almost always find a great deal there. And if you don't get answers right away, please ask again or call Sherri at "That's Scrap" (tab above). We all try to answer questions, but for some reason new posts do not always show up in my "unread" posts . Wish you the best with your projects and if any of us can help now or in the future, please let us know.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General