Woodworkers Question

Woodworkers Question

Postby tmgutierrez » November 23rd, 2015, 7:47 pm

I was wondering how many of you that are woodworkers use a Silver Bullet. My husband bought one for me a couple of years ago and I am not using it much. Have tried some wood veneers but have not been very successful. I actually have it listed for sale but am wondering if I am being hasty. I was thinking of a CNC machine. Would love for you to share your thoughts or experience about this.
tmgutierrez

Cutter: 13"

Re: Woodworkers Question

Postby MeFlick » November 23rd, 2015, 9:20 pm

What kind of woodworking are you doing now? Think about what you are doing and how you could incorporate the machine into what you are doing now with your woodworking. Do you use patterns in your wood working for example, if so, the machine and software are great for cutting out patterns and easily modifying, resizing, etc. why did your husband buy it for you? How did he think you could incorporate it into your woodworking?

For example, my husband is the woodworker in the family (although he hasn't had a lot of time to do much but shop is full of most every tool and he has done some great projects in the past.) He is starting just recently to try out wood turning. I think my recent interest out in the shop renewed his interest. I had him get a scroll saw years ago planning on learning to use it but my kids were small and I never got there. They are both in college now, and something recently piqued my interest in it again and I have been out learning it some the past couple weeks when I have had some time. I have used my cutter and software to create some patterns, modify some, etc. and then cut them out as templates for use on the wood for cutting. To me, this is better and easier then just copying/printing on paper and gluing or taping that to the wood for example.

If you tell us what kind of woodworking you do, we might have other ideas on how the ,aching could be of more use to you.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Re: Woodworkers Question

Postby tmgutierrez » November 24th, 2015, 1:11 am

I am a scroll saw wood person do a lot of small stuff and fret work. My husband bought the Bullet for me because I thought I wanted it to incorporate some of it features into my woodworking like engraving, embossing and cutting wood laminate to embellish.
tmgutierrez

Cutter: 13"

Return to General