Out of cutting pad

Out of cutting pad

Postby skant1 » October 15th, 2015, 12:38 am

Hello,
When I started cutting my first project, the blade after cutting one object it went on blue part of the mat. At first I set the origin at 0,0 in offline mode but still.....it went outside. I have 24 " machine. As I don't have much space on the back so I kept the mat horizontally. Is this why the cutting started going out of the mat? When setting the origin on 0, 0 the blade was on the bottom right corner.
I don't know how to place objects in Sure Cut A Lot? Where should I keep the objects in SCAL, is it near origin?

Thanks
skant1

Cutter: 24 in cutter

Re: Out of cutting pad

Postby Gigi » October 15th, 2015, 8:05 am

One of the best things to do is go back to the learning center and go through the section on how to place items on your mat and where they cut. If you set your origin at the bottom right hand corner and you are cutting WYSIWYG, the machine sill cut how it is on your virtual mat. If you want your cutting to begin where you set your blade, be sure your cutting is set to origin.

You can also watch the webinars on the forum under Broadcast to better understand where the machine will cut and how that translates from your software mat to your real mat. That is why we recommend using the test pen while you learn this so you don't accidentally damage a blade or the mat. Once you get it, it will make total sense. Honest! It just takes a little time.

This video should also be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BO6Bev1BIs
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General