Need tutorial suggestion

Need tutorial suggestion

Postby tshiroma » October 5th, 2015, 1:39 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and the proud owner of a 24" Silver Bullet. I've had it for several months and expected a high learning curve for SCAL 4. I have successfully printed out simple shapes offline like flowers. However, my current challenge is a box die that I would like to recreate. I've viewed numerous tutorials here and on youtube but have yet to find one that gives me a good step-by-step overview pertaining to this project. I would like to cut out the image and create scoring. I know Photoshop and a little bit of Illustrator. I've scanned the image and opened it up in SCAL. I'm assuming that I need to use the trace tool. Does anyone know of a good tutorial that will help me bring this project to fruition? I'm on a deadline so I need to all the help I can get. TIA!
tshiroma

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet Pro

Re: Need tutorial suggestion

Postby Gigi » October 5th, 2015, 2:14 am

Have you watched the videos in the learning center that talk about tracing? There are also webinars on the forum (Under Broadcasts) and on You Tube using SCAL 4 that cover how to trace images. It is really pretty simple to trace and then you will have your cut file. You can change any line to a dash line (scoring) and that is also covered in the webinars.

Depending on the size of the box you need, there may be free svg files online that you can use - have you tried searching for that? There are TONS of box files out there, so maybe you don't have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak and then can learn how to do it yourself when you have more time.

I have been amazed at how many free (and for sale) files I can find if I am looking for something specific. Just know that not every file out there is well made and may need some cleaning up, but at last it would give you a quick start.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby tshiroma » October 5th, 2015, 2:28 am

ok. I'll take a look. Actually the first thing I did was to do a search for an existing svg file but came with nothing. I also just sent you an email with this question and two other ones I hope you can answer. Thank you so much for your quick reply!
tshiroma

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet Pro

Postby Gigi » October 5th, 2015, 9:47 am

There are tons of them - and templates too. What size do you need? I have not received an email from you yet but will watch for it as much as possible. I am moving in a month so not on as much as I usually am, but doing my best between juggling the packing and helping here.

Will watch for your email as best I can.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General