Help for a newbie with adhesive stuck to a grit wheel

Help for a newbie with adhesive stuck to a grit wheel

Postby sandfly » September 24th, 2015, 4:48 am

Hello, my name is Sandra and I'm from Australia. I am new to cutters full stop and have just recently bought my 13 inch Silver Bullet.
I hope it's ok to post this question here.
I now have adhesive all over my end grit wheel and wondered how to clean it off. Is there a troubleshooting section somewhere I can read up on things like this? I was sure I'd read something somewhere but I can't find it now I need it. Typical.
Thanks in anticipation.
Cheers
Sand
sandfly

Cutter: Professional series 13

Re: Help for a newbie with adhesive stuck to a grit wheel

Postby sandfly » September 24th, 2015, 4:50 am

My apologies. I just found the information in the manual.
I don't know if we have Goo Gone here but would eucalyptus oil or tea tree oil be ok to use? Any other Aussies on here who have done this?
Have a good day!
Sand
sandfly

Postby MeFlick » September 24th, 2015, 7:50 am

Glad you found the information you needed in the manual. Always good to give the manual and online information a quick glance when having issues. You might search the forum here as well as I know there have been discussions in the past on different products to use to clean the wheels of adhesive. Some of those may have recommendations from fellow Aussies. If you bought your machine from Jo, I would also suggest you try to contact her as I am sure she would have specific recommendations for Aussie products that will work to clean the wheels.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » September 24th, 2015, 8:46 am

Thanks Melanie - that was exactly what I was going to suggest! :) Jo gives excellent support to her customers and she would be the best resource for the best product available to you.

You mentioned not being able to find what you had read - I so understand. Try using the search feature at the top. It will bring up a lot of posts on any topic that may be helpful as well.

And you can decrease the amount of adhesive that is picked up on the pinch wheels by running some painter's tape on the mat on the path of the wheels to ease that. The good news is that the pinch wheels are very easy to clean - you just want to avoid a product with alcohol as that will eat away at the pinch wheel.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby jobab » September 24th, 2015, 4:55 pm

Hi Sandra

I use a product called Planet Ark Orange power Sticky spot goo remover or the Planet ark Orange power air freshner, both work well and are availble from coles, woolies etc for about $4.00
If it is the rubber top wheel that needs cleaning I put some of the above on a cotton bud to clean them, you can remove the top rollers for easier cleaning.
If it is the actual metal grit wheel on the bottom be careful what you clean it with only use a cotton cloth and don't let any liquid go through into the machine.
Feel free to email or phone me if you need more help
jobab

Cutter: Silver Bullet,Silhouette Cameo,cougar

Postby sandfly » September 24th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Thanks Jo, Gigi and Meflick for the info.
I did do a search but obviously wasn't using the right words. Pinch wheel not grit wheel!
But I found the manual so yay!
Yes it's a top wheel Jo, so will get some of the Planet Ark stuff and proceed cautiously!
Also like the idea of the painters tape. Thanks Gigi!
sandfly

Postby Gigi » September 24th, 2015, 7:39 pm

You are welcome Sandy. Good luck. Glad Jo could weigh in with a product that is available over there for you as well!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General