Mat not showing up as landscape

Mat not showing up as landscape

Postby tamihowse » July 2nd, 2015, 12:44 pm

Hey, Peeps. My black cat cougar (24") won't show up as landscape on my mat when I try to cut. It doesn't matter how I rotate my design, the mat orientation still shows up as portrait. How can I get it to show up as landscape? Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Re: Mat not showing up as landscape

Postby tamihowse » July 2nd, 2015, 1:02 pm

And, it doesn't matter how I rotate my mat, it still shows up as portrait. I want to cut in landscape because I need as many rollers on the mat as possible. Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Postby Gigi » July 2nd, 2015, 1:16 pm

Which software are you using? I know in SCAL you just change the mat by going to Cutter>Mat Orientation - but not sure if you are using SCAL....
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby tamihowse » July 2nd, 2015, 2:20 pm

Yes, scal 3, Gigi. T
tamihowse

Postby tamihowse » July 2nd, 2015, 2:22 pm

And, I didn't specify, but this only happens when I'm cutting on a 24" mat, which might be obvious since a 12x12 mat is that same in landscape vs. portrait. T
tamihowse

Postby Gigi » July 2nd, 2015, 2:39 pm

No - not necessarily obvious as there are a lot of different mat sizes - but even with the 12x12 I can get it to change the orientation.

I just tried an arrow (pointing to the right) on a 12x24 mat. In portrait mode it feeds from the top. In Landscape mode it feeds from the right side (so the arrow would then point down). Just trying to find a way to show I see it change so not sure why it isn't for you.

Are you sure it isnt changing?? When I change the orientation of the arrow, for instance, the arrow doesn't change but the side that goes into the machine first does. Make sense? You can also click on cutter and see how it changes going into the machine whether it's on Portrait or Landscape.... it's more evident that way. LMK if that helps or makes sense......

Gigi
Gigi

Postby tamihowse » July 2nd, 2015, 5:25 pm

It does make sense, Gigi, but here's what I get. Either way, the short end is at the "teeth" of the cutter. Am I missing something obvious? Fondly, Tami
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tamihowse

Postby Gigi » July 2nd, 2015, 5:50 pm

Tami -

The one setting I can't see is how you have your mat oriented - are you changing it in Cutter>Mat Orientation?? You have flipped it so that the different 12" ends are going in. So it looks to me (guessing) that you are rotating the design 180. Are you changing the mat to horizontal in the setting mentioned above?

Do you want to send me the file and I will switch it for you? I see what you are saying, but I can't see how you are making the change. It looks like you are changing the orientation of the mat AND the design - not just the mat. Do you want me to call you and walk you through it?? PM me if that will help...

Gigi
Gigi

Postby tamihowse » July 2nd, 2015, 10:41 pm

Thanks for sticking with me on this, Gigi. The design is 10x13, so I know it won't cut if I rotate the design where the 13" is on the 12" side (make sense?). I tried PM-ing you, but the forum says that I'm not authorized to message. If you can, PM me and I know I can respond. I'd love to talk to you about it since I just can't figure it out. How about sometime tomorrow (7/3) if you're available? It's 11:40PM here now, so I'll be going to bed (I just got back from seeing Jurassic World with my daughter). Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Postby Gigi » July 2nd, 2015, 10:54 pm

Why would it say that??? Everyone can PM!!! I will check that out.

I will PM you. But........I think I know what needs to happen.

I will PM you - and can get in touch with you tomorrow. In the meantime, can you please send me the file and verify that the mat you are using is 12x24 so I play with the right size? I want to try a couple of different ways to do it as they should all work - but want to play with it first.

Thanks. (how was Jurassic Park??)

EDITED TO SHARE SOLUTION: For anyone with this problem, make a custom mat and put your longest section (in this case the 24") in the width and the 12" in the height. It will feed properly long side in that way - every time. Hope this helps someone else.

Gigi
Gigi

Return to General