Cutting problems

Cutting problems

Postby rantonio » June 7th, 2015, 5:10 am

Could someone please tell me what to do it you are cutting on card stock and you are using the 60 degree blade but the following happens how to correct it:

1. it don't cut right through the paper you can see the cut lines but you cant pop out the cutting.

2. You adjust the blade depth and now the paper gets caught up while cutting. You re adjust the blade it s still not cutting.

3.you start over reset the blade depth, use the guide to adjust the loading of the blade and the blade holder. then you us the automatic speed and pressure settings and it still don't cut right. Help...........
rantonio

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet Professional

Re: Cutting problems

Postby Gigi » June 7th, 2015, 10:10 am

Racquel -

It sounds to me, on first read, that your card stock is not properly brayered onto the mat. If you go to the FAQ section in the learning center it will take you through a variety of reason why clean cuts are not achieved.

Check to be sure your mat is not warped so the card stock is feeding unevenly. Also check your blade with a magnifying glass to be sure it is not chipped.

First questions - are you using the test cut and getting a clean cut. Do that first after setting the blade and up the speed by 10 until you get close to a clean cut and the increase it in smaller increments until it is clean.

I think when you say you reset the blade and are picking up the card stock, the blade is either out too long and/or the card stock is not well adhered to the mat. And if the mat is warped that will just increase the problems.

When you say you are using automatic pressure and speed settings, I don't know what that means. There are no automatic settings.

How thick is the card stock and do you always use the 60 degree blade with good results? If it is thin, you might want to try the 45 degree just to see if the results are better, but first and foremost, check the adhesive on your mat.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General