SB Storage/Set up

SB Storage/Set up

Postby jonesusthree » December 24th, 2014, 8:32 am

Hello Everyone Merry Christmas Eve, if your celebrating!!! I purchased my SB and it arrived last week, I haven't had time to unbox it but am planning my work area. Can anyone tell me if there is a thread that has pics of how ya'll have yours set up in your craft/workspaces? I'm trying to gather ideas? Thank you, if there are no threads anyone who is willing to attach pics that would be most appreciated and super awesome!!! Tia!!!
jonesusthree

Cutter: New Owner of a SB 24'

Re: SB Storage/Set up

Postby Gigi » December 24th, 2014, 10:50 am

I dont know of a thread offhand where people have talked about where they have their machine. For many/most it's about putting it where there is room! I know I have moved mine several times over the years and it is now at the end of my desk/counter, facing the desk.

I think I have a photo with a clean desk :) - will check in a bit and post it if I do!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby jonesusthree » December 25th, 2014, 6:32 am

Thanks Gigi!!! Clean desk, what is that rofl!!!!
jonesusthree

Postby pigtailpat » December 25th, 2014, 9:26 am

For quite a long time, I had my 18" cougar next to my desktop to the left (workstation is like a "boxed" U if you understand what I mean - with the open part of the "U" is where my chair is). I really had to free up room on my desk to work on papers, and just recently (a few days ago) repositioned my plotter to another spot in the room where it makes a lot more sense. My desk now has space for my papers and I can work more efficiently on them. The plotter can still be connected to my desktop via a long cord, and I have more space to maneuver the mats and media (i.e. more elbow room). Once the SCAL android app upgrades to SCAL 4 and I can use my pro there, I can even drop the cord and cut from a tablet via OTG cable. During the slow week in between x-mas and new year's, I plan to do some plotter cutting I have been wanting to do for quite a while. It'll be fun working in a clean and more organized atmosphere.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby terri » December 25th, 2014, 4:47 pm

I put mine (18 inch SB) on a commercial utility cart like this from walmart online. makes it easy to put aside if needed and easy to move depending on where i'm using it. usually i'm in my office, but sometimes i like to go in the dining or living room with a laptop.

terri

Cutter: ****

Postby jonesusthree » December 26th, 2014, 4:45 am

Terri I love this cart!!! PigtailPat, I agree I need a clean worksurface!!! Of course keeping it that way is a completely different story rofl!!! Gigi, anyone who crafts can find humor in a picture with a clean desk!!! Thanks for the replies, I have a few Ideas brewing now!!!
jonesusthree

Postby pigtailpat » December 26th, 2014, 9:22 am

this forum is bad for my pocketbook. I used a lifetime folding table as that is what I had. Others previously had posted of the utility cart solution, but Terry's post brought that back fresh for me. Now I simply have to have a cart, for the extra shelf storage underneath, but not just one - two! I see these also at costco with dimensions that will fit my big shot pro as well. Well, rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will my super organized craft/sewing area. By the time I am finished, the boys will be gone, and I get a bedroom someday (maybe two!).
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Gigi » December 26th, 2014, 11:33 am

LOL Pat! Are you saying we enable here??? Perish the thought! :hide: :ROFLMBO:

I hate to burst any bubbles, but I have an extra bedroom and there still isn't enough room! :hide:

Have fun shopping at Costco! :roll:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » December 27th, 2014, 8:45 am

My SB sits on a $5.00 yard sale metal fish tank base. It's jus the right size to hold the machine, and it fits nicely between the narrow ends of two pub height tables that I picked up on clearance at a local discount store. My craft room is a long, narrow attic space, so this set up works perfectly for me. I keep planning to take photos, but although I am a stickler about cleaning up my tables after each project, my space is never tidy enough for me to want to share! :oops:
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to General