A Quick Note on Search

A Quick Note on Search

Postby Tyler » May 16th, 2011, 3:48 pm

I just wanted to explain to you all something about the search feature in this forum. First, let me say - it does work! However, it is set so that if more than 5% of posts on this message board contain the same word, that word is regarded as a "common word" and is ignored in search queries.

Example: You are searching for a thread posted by "Tyler" and you search "Tyler", you won't get any results (Not sure why you would be searching for me, but it illustrates the point :-)). But if you do a search for "Thyme" you will get results of everything that Dawn has posted. This is because my name is associated with more than 5% of all the posts at this point in time and is regarded as a common word, where as Dawn's name is in less than 5% of the posts and is regarded as a searchable word. As there are more posts made, my name will be a smaller percentage and may become acceptable as a search word. (Under advanced

This is just something to keep in mind when using the search and seeing how a post will affect the search function.

As a side note, this site works best in Google Chrome internet browser as it is compatible with the layout and the videos within the site (pending you having the correct plugins). Firefox can also be used. Videos may or may not show up (if there is a grey box with an X in it, right click the box and click view video - again pending plugins.), but the page will display correctly. Internet Explorer may have some troubles displaying everything in the correct way, but if it is working for you, that is fine. Just, please keep this in mind that it is not a fully compatible browser.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Re: A Quick Note on Search

Postby sherri » May 16th, 2011, 3:59 pm

I guess Christy and Rach will never be found...LOL They post so much! No one will be able to keep up with them again this time...
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Postby JeannetteC » May 16th, 2011, 4:17 pm

True Sherri, but then they never disappear for long!
JeannetteC

Postby Thyme » May 16th, 2011, 4:40 pm

Lol, I am glad I am not "common"
Thyme

Postby Angel135612 » May 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm

Tyler,

Can you please NOT put your "On a side note" information in such small letters... you have to remember we all are youngins like you and we need BIG HUGE words... those small ones are hard to see. And your side notes are as important as your original reason for posting... so no more side notes in small text, please.. thank you very much!!!
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Tyler » May 16th, 2011, 7:28 pm

You're welcome. :-)

You should have seen the size of the font when this all got started. You can also make your font size a little bigger by clicking the "A".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tyler

Postby conicuts » May 16th, 2011, 7:37 pm

Yeah! Thanks for the A info! This really helps when I'm on my iPad!
Image<---- Cut by Connie's projects are Cougar cut...
Cut by Connie
SVGcuts
DigiScrapKits
Lettering Delights
conicuts

Cutter: 16" Black Cat Cougar

Postby CaseysAngel » May 16th, 2011, 9:10 pm

sherri wrote:I guess Christy and Rach will never be found...LOL They post so much! No one will be able to keep up with them again this time...

Hey, I"m not hard to find even without a search though. Half the people online have my cell, my email, my skype, and everything else.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby Angel135612 » May 16th, 2011, 11:58 pm

Tyler wrote:You're welcome. :-)

You should have seen the size of the font when this all got started. You can also make your font size a little bigger by clicking the "A".

Thanks Tyler, I didn't even see that A up there in the corner... too many new things to check out and learn about... LOL Thanks for all the work you put into the fourm. It is appreciated!!!!!!!
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby MeFlick » May 17th, 2011, 7:19 am

Thanks for pointing out that "A" in the top Right corner Tyler. Like Angel135612, I hadn't seen it until I went looking for it after reading your post. It is so light in color, I don't know that I would have ever seen it without someone pointing it out! LOL
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Tyler » May 17th, 2011, 9:13 am

There are a lot of really cool things like that. :-) Once you know where it is, you are like, "WHEN DID THAT APPEAR?!?!" :-) And then you will be wondering how you missed it this whole time!

At least on my computer (depends on how your computer handles cookies), once you select the largest setting, it will stay on that setting until the cookie is removed. So for me, I have only really had to set it once.
Tyler

Return to General