Tylers Chipboard

Re: Tylers Chipboard

Postby Gigi » June 22nd, 2011, 11:02 pm

OMG Sherri - I think I would have sworn off chipboard for a long time too!! That is a lot of cutting !!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby gardencat » June 23rd, 2011, 2:21 pm

My Cougar was ordered for me as a gift and I didn't have the heart to ask for any additional pieces so, for now, I'm going with just the two blades that come with the machine. I figure that once I get a feel for the machine and decide what I am wanting to do with it I'll order some other accessories, blades, extra mats or whatever.

I am itching to try some chip board cuts but don't want to do somethijng bad to my one and only official 60 degree blade.
Is it possible to try a deep cut blade from my cricut in the cougar to cut the chioboard without damaging anything?
I used a regular Cricut blade in it at first and that worked but I'm not sure about the deep cut one.
gardencat

Postby Tyler » June 23rd, 2011, 2:36 pm

You can try it - the only thing you could damage is your blade! The deep cut is just a 60 degree blade.

Chipboard is awesome, but it is also one of the most difficult things to cut in my opinion.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Thyme » June 23rd, 2011, 3:16 pm

Sure, go ahead and try it, as Tyler says worst that can happen is a damaged blade
Thyme

Postby craftylady » June 24th, 2011, 5:58 pm

Well.........I too am having problems cutting chipboard. I have been trying all day and have wasted so much, that I think I will leave it for today. Believe it or not but I have even tried it on force of 220. Yep, I did say force of 220. It isn't very thick maybe just like cereal box (may be denser though), but it just will not cut through. I have tried varying degress of forces and have slowed the velocity right down to 50. I have even set the software (I am using MTC0) to cut it 3 times. I tried twice and it wouldn't cut. It cuts the top layer but doesn't go all the way through. I have tried adjusting the blade depth, but that doesn't help either. I have used this chipbard before on my other cutters, and it really hasn't given me much trouble, I have had to use 2 passes though.

Any suggestions. This is soooo frustrating because I thought this was the "daddy" of all cutters, and could cut through most things, but this, I am having problems with.

Help!!!!

Valerie
craftylady

Postby craftylady » June 24th, 2011, 5:58 pm

sorry I mean the software i am using is MTC.
craftylady

Postby gardencat » June 24th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Thanks, Tyler and Dawn. I've saved a couple of cereal boxes and will try that first, maybe this weekend if I can get the chance. I love the look of the mat board that Pat has been cutting too...quite a bit prettier than chip board.
gardencat

Postby PennyDuncan » June 24th, 2011, 10:54 pm

craftylady wrote:Well.........I too am having problems cutting chipboard. I have been trying all day and have wasted so much, that I think I will leave it for today. Believe it or not but I have even tried it on force of 220. Yep, I did say force of 220. It isn't very thick maybe just like cereal box (may be denser though), but it just will not cut through. I have tried varying degress of forces and have slowed the velocity right down to 50. I have even set the software (I am using MTC0) to cut it 3 times. I tried twice and it wouldn't cut. It cuts the top layer but doesn't go all the way through. I have tried adjusting the blade depth, but that doesn't help either. I have used this chipbard before on my other cutters, and it really hasn't given me much trouble, I have had to use 2 passes though.

Any suggestions. This is soooo frustrating because I thought this was the "daddy" of all cutters, and could cut through most things, but this, I am having problems with.

Help!!!!

Valerie

Hey Valerie....what blade are you using???? When I cut Chipboard on my Lynx I use the 60 Plus blade using a velocity of 50 and a force of 110....I can actually get the .022 to cut in one pass
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby CaseysAngel » June 25th, 2011, 12:36 am

Yep 60 plus here to!!!!! If I cut the really thick stuff I use the 60 plus long shaft even. You shouldn't be double cutting at all on .22 or .30 or I don't
CaseysAngel

Previous

Return to General