My cougar with tables

My cougar with tables

Postby pigtailpat » June 16th, 2011, 7:52 pm

Hi everyone - I am not in the webinar as I was having a hard time following tyler tonight. Maybe because I have the machine and can't sit still :shock:

Anyway, the very first thing I did for my machine is to do rach's table solution. I am such a doofus about putting things together. If I can do this, you can do it too.

A couple of tips:

(1) when you remove the adhesive from the 12 x 24 other company mat - you DO NOT have to get it perfect. In my insanity trying to get it perfect, using so much remover over and over, I made my mats a little brittle and one snapped in the process of folding over. It isn't worth - don't try to get it all perfect - luckily my snap was repairable, and I am using the snapped one in the back - leaving the better one in the front - learn from my craziness

(2) when you tape the underside of the mat - you sort of tape just to the edges because you don't want to fold over the tape from the bottom side to the top side - when you tape the top side - there you want to have the tape to fold over to the bottom side

(3) when you work from the folded side to the single edge side, you tape everything except you stop about 1/2" from that single edge side - because there is where the electrical tape will go to affix to the machine

This was not too hard. It is just a lot of steps..you gotta strip the adhesive, gotta let the glue dry, and so on. But the result is absolutely stunning I think. I have not yet turned the machine on or tested the functionality of the tables yet, but I think this will truly help me alot until Sherri and Dawn can come up with the redesign of the tables. Eventually when I get more experienced, I want to cut 2-ply matboard - and these tables will be instrumental in helping me obtain the best results.

I am going to install the driver, etc. next and start I think tomorrow night (friday nights are really cool...)...

Lemme know what you think of my assembly rach!

Pat
shot-01.jpg

shot-02.jpg

shot-03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Re: My cougar with tables

Postby rachellann » June 16th, 2011, 8:44 pm

Looks great Pat glad the instructions were ok to follow.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Suzan » June 16th, 2011, 9:42 pm

Very nice Pat
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby LisaH » June 16th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Looks good Pat
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby CaseysAngel » June 16th, 2011, 9:58 pm

LOoks great.

I cheated. Hobby Lobby had the 12 by 24 cake mats for $5 on clearance so I bought them. They aren't sticky so I don't have to worry about removing the sticky and I can sticky them if I want to cut on the other one.

Now I have to admit I didn't know they weren't sticky until AFTER I bought them and Rach told me but it just so happens it's working out to my advantage. :ROFLMBO:
CaseysAngel

Postby Elizabeth » June 16th, 2011, 10:03 pm

Wow, Pat, that looks really good!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » June 16th, 2011, 11:02 pm

Looks wonderful, Pat!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby rachellann » June 16th, 2011, 11:08 pm

CaseysAngel wrote:LOoks great.

I cheated. Hobby Lobby had the 12 by 24 cake mats for $5 on clearance so I bought them. They aren't sticky so I don't have to worry about removing the sticky and I can sticky them if I want to cut on the other one.

Now I have to admit I didn't know they weren't sticky until AFTER I bought them and Rach told me but it just so happens it's working out to my advantage. :ROFLMBO:

yes they work, less work to clean them. LOL
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Thyme » June 17th, 2011, 4:33 am

Looks good pat
Thyme

Return to General