Penny Duncans dragonfly-file

Penny Duncans dragonfly-file

Postby Ladyzilver » June 4th, 2011, 3:01 pm

When I saw Penny's dragonfly-file I knew I wanted to make a card for my brother.
I enjoyed every step making them. The card turned out nice and I couldn't wait to mail it to my brother who lives in another province. (I haven't taken a picture of the card, so I can't show it, but my next one I will).
My brother is my only family I have left in the Netherlands. Three years ago he was diagnosed with coloncancer and not long after that with Alzheimer-dementia. His treatment has stopped.
Tonight my brother phoned and thanked me for the card. He loved it and was in tears! He told me that it took him all day to contact me (wonder how many people he mistakenly phoned).
I want to thank Penny for her wonderful files. Something so simple can have a big impact, thank you!
Hugs,
Louisa
Ladyzilver

Re: Penny Duncans dragonfly-file

Postby Thyme » June 4th, 2011, 3:04 pm

Oh how lovely!!
Thyme

Postby PennyDuncan » June 4th, 2011, 3:15 pm

Oh My GOODNESS Louisa...You have TOTALLY made my day!!! I am honored you liked the file enough to create something so special for your brother!!!!! What a blessings in all areas!!!!!! I wish we could have seen your awesome creation!!!! Thank you for sharing this with us....I can just imagine the smile your ART brought to his face!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Retta » June 4th, 2011, 4:58 pm

Louisa - blessings to you and your brother. It has to be hard knowing he has this awful illness. The dragonfly must have made his day. Great job!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby MeFlick » June 4th, 2011, 7:25 pm

Glad you were able to use Penny's lovely file to make your brother a beautiful card during this time of his struggles.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby CaseysAngel » June 4th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Penny is certainely wonderful but how sweet you done something so nice for your brother AND he loved it!!!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby kim » June 8th, 2011, 8:06 am

Louisa, What a special moment for you! I am so happy for you. I know that is a moment that you will treasure.

I just downloaded the file and watched Penny's tutorial and can't wait to make my own dragonfly. She is so talented.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Return to General