WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Re: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Postby kmmhug » November 14th, 2015, 10:43 pm

Hi BB, you are close to my neck of the woods. I am from the Mansfield, Ohio are so about an hour south of Cleveland. Congratulations on your new machine. I am sure you will grow to be great friends.
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Postby IndelibleImpressions » December 10th, 2015, 2:29 pm

I'm Donna and I'm from Oakville, Ontario, Canada (about an hour from Buffalo, NY). I am a paper-crafter and am ready to make the leap into SB land! I have been married for 26 years and have two boys (21 and 18). I've got an Etsy shop and this helps to pay for my addiction (I mean hobby). From all of the posts I've seen, the SB is an amazing machine. I look forward to seeing your creations and learning lots of wonderful tips and tricks as I get to know this machine better.
IndelibleImpressions

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

I am a Brazilian

Postby rofava » January 3rd, 2016, 7:05 am

Hello all, I am a Brazilian that you are looking for a machine that works very delicate and intricate cutting on cardboard or mat board. I have a Silhouette SD but unfortunately she won't cut what I need, so I've been searching and I came up here.
I now I see if I can find a used machine, because the price of a new is too high for the power of Brazilians.
I'm an artist in watercolor painting and etching and currently I am doing miniatures for Dollhouse. I am a 62-year-old lady that I love technology, I use (yet) the Silhouette SD cutting machine, but need to change to a to do more detailed cuts and with thicker materials, so I thought the Silver Bullet.
rofava

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Postby Gigi » January 4th, 2016, 2:50 pm

Welcome!! We have a lot of people using the SB for miniature and dollhouse items. If you have specific questions you can ask them here. You can also visit www.silverbulletcutters.com and see a wide variety of what this machine can do....

Good luck.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby youngcoffee » February 7th, 2016, 12:58 am

Hi, ladies.
I'm so happy to join this forum. My hubby pushed me to join here, so I did! He has some his 'machines' forum. He said I will learn many knowledge from here.

I'm SB owner-to be and my name is Young who lives in Sterling Heights, Michigan. I originally came from Seoul, South Korea. And I've been living in 9 years and 3 months in the U.S.
I'm married to a genius machine guy for 9 years (actually, he works for the automobile company as a sculptor) and we have a super cutie 6 year old boy, a goldendoodle girl and a black cat lady. Oh, and 3 survival fish (6 fish died so far. T.,T)

I never thought there is a small cutting machine in the world until I met my son's kindergarten teacher. She knew I am interested in crafting(I usually volunteer for crafting centers for her classroom), she showed me 'shilloutte camero' cutting machine. Since I saw the machine, I'd had searched for all cutting machine and finally, I ordered 'SB 24 inch' today. yeyyyyyyy~~

I've learnt Coreldraw by myself, still beginner, though. But, I was not sure where/how I could use this. Finally, SB will drag out all my ideas from my brain and make something for me!
I am going to be busy to study about this machine when I get it soon. so exciting~~~
I'm not good at using some expert vocabulary for machines or explaining or asking because I'm still learning English. I might use broken English, sometimes. Please understand me.

Have a good weekend~
youngcoffee

Cutter: SB 24"

Postby MeFlick » February 7th, 2016, 8:25 am

Hi Young and welcome to the forum. Take the time to start at the beginning and learn all you can and take your time with your machine. Soon you will understand and will be doing lots of things with it. We will be here to answer questions and ooh and awe over your creations! A 6 year old child - that means LOTS of usage for many years with your cutter! My children and their school was my "excuse" for buying my first cutter. No problem with the language - you do your best to describe and explain and we will do our best to do the same. Good luck with your new cutter.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby youngcoffee » February 7th, 2016, 12:04 pm

Thank you, MeFlick!

The 'excuse' was my one, too. I'd love to make some education stuffs for my son. As you said, I have a lots of time to learn & use my cutter.
youngcoffee

Cutter: SB 24"

Postby PennyDuncan » February 14th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Congratulations Youngcoffee and welcome to the forum!!! You will find the Learning Center to be SO HELPFUL to learn your machine....like MeFlick shares....don't get in a hurry...take your time and you'll be truly amazed all the things your machine can do!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » February 15th, 2016, 11:09 am

Welcome Young! I am so excited for you. I expect the machine may seem overwhelming at first, but if you are teaching yourself how to use Corel Draw, you will do fine with learning how to use the Silver Bullet. Just to slow through the learning center (you can register now if you haven't already so you will have access right away when you have the machine). And there is plenty of help here on the forum if you need it.
There are also some great videos under the Broadcast categories that will take you through various steps and really shows you how to use the machine.

Welcome to the SB family.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Dave » June 4th, 2016, 5:29 pm

Hi there,
I'm Dave and I live in Oswego, NY. First of, I want to thank Gigi and Sherri for answering my emails.
I got interested in die cutting because I do architectural restoration and wanted to be able to make my own custom stencils for wall decoration and glass etching (sandblast). I started out with a cracit (yecch) cake machine from Craigslist. I had it hacked and cutting my own files in the first hour it was plugged in. For what it is I got it to work fairly decent on small stuff. After some searching and research I found a 24" cougar and love it..
Dave

Cutter: Prospective buyer

Postby Gigi » June 4th, 2016, 6:11 pm

Hi Dave -

You are so very welcome. There are a lot of owners cutting all sorts of stencils out of a variety of materials and are quite happy with the results. So glad to hear you feel the same! The Cougar and the Silver Bullet are easy machines to love :) Enjoy all of the creative things you can do.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » June 5th, 2016, 6:15 am

Hi Dave and welcome to the Forum. Glad you are excited to have found your Cougar. Gigi and Sherri are always awesome. I love how you are putting the machine to work doing restoration. Enjoy and let us know if we can help should anything arise. Would love to see pics of some of your work if you ever care to share.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby ArtessanoQP » June 11th, 2016, 8:49 pm

Hello, good evening everyone .

I am from Jutiapa , but currently live in the city of Guatemala . I have 22 years, my nickname is " Artessano " because I like crafts , macrame and jewelery , stickers in general.

I used a machine for a few years. a Roland Camm-1 24" , but SB 24" is much better at all.

But I have my questions , the " USB" flash drive brings a file that you can use or machine could use?

I am using a translator of the web to try to communicate. I hope you can understand me.
ArtessanoQP

Cutter: 24in cutter

Postby Gigi » June 11th, 2016, 9:06 pm

This was answered in your other post. You do not need to post the same thing in multiple areas.

Welcome to the forum. I hope we are able to help you.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby ArtessanoQP » June 11th, 2016, 11:28 pm

Thanks... God Bless
ArtessanoQP

Cutter: 24in cutter

Postby AP3 » September 23rd, 2016, 1:36 pm

On board now in Fort Worth, TX, and looking forward to setting up and using the 24" SB that just arrived. Going to be used primarily to cut custom boxes and cards. If all goes well, this could be a long term relationship. You'll be seeing me on the forums soon asking questions. Don't flame me if I looked and couldn't find the solution from some long dead post! Thanks!
AP3

Cutter: 24" SB

Postby MeFlick » September 23rd, 2016, 3:31 pm

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy your cutter. Take the time to learn the basics, go through the learning center, etc. before rushing into a gotta have it done yesterday project and you should do fine. Many questions have been asked and answered many times on the forum so do take the time to look for it - mainly because you may be able to find the answer more quickly that way then having to wait on someone to come on line and get an answer. No flaming - always been a nice helpful group here. Good luck.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby Gigi » September 23rd, 2016, 3:39 pm

Ditto what Melanie said - welcome!

I know we have corresponded via email, but will just reiterate that slow and easy will give you the best results. Learn what the machine can do with the pen tool - where things will cut using WYSIWYG and origin and understand the difference, especially when cutting boxes so your fold line appear where you want them!

If you get stuck and/or can't find an answer, just ask. We will always do the best we can to help.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » November 6th, 2016, 7:29 am

Hello there Peeps :0)

I have been away for a very...very long time. Just this past month I have decided to get back into creating :0) So I thought I would hop on here and see if anyone I knew was still around...lol....been a long time.

Heather Hudson....I am from Pinckney Michigan. I need some new mats for my 24 inch Black Cat...will the silver bullet mats work?

Hugs!! :grouphug:
MyArtisticAdventures

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 24 inch

Postby MeFlick » November 6th, 2016, 8:30 am

Hi Heather and welcome back. Glad you are going to be able to get back into creating. Life gets in the way for all of us from time to time.

Yes, the SB mats will work with the Black Cat.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

PreviousNext

Return to General