WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Re: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Postby anne anthoney » May 15th, 2011, 1:44 pm

Hi, I'm Anne, known as Soup Gran on MTC forum, I can see I'm joining a lot of familiar friends on this forum.
I'm 61, retired, and have been married for 42 years, I have 2 daughters, 2 grand daughters and 3 cats (2 burmeese and 1 13" Cougar). I have crafted most of my life and have done a bit of everything, but have only been using a die cutting machine for one and a half years. I've had my cougar since December and am just begining to feel confident cutting with it. I live just outside Glasgow, in Scotland UK. :)
Anne
anne anthoney

Postby allandra42 » May 15th, 2011, 1:46 pm

Hi I am Lesa aka Allandra42 on the world wide web
I am 51 years old I live in Ky (Louisville area)and am married to a wonderful man who has spoiled me rotten for 35 years . We have two wonderful grown children a son and a daughter. We have 4 wonderful grandchildren ages (11 f) (9f) (4f) (2m) Yes he is spoiled rotten. I work full time 40 hours a week at the local school system as a data coordinator which is a stressful job that keeps me very busy. I have a 15 inch cougar on order and am looking forward to getting it and learning to work with it. I have a cricut, a pazzles inspiration, a gazelle (I just sold) and am expecting my new cougar. i love my pazzles it goes with me when i go to a crop because I can just about create whatever i want with it. I would love to find a Ky pal to hang out with and learn from and share ideas and thoughts with that own a cougar or lynx. I am so looking forward to learning this machine and being able to join you in making all of these wonderful files I see on your blogs. :D
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Postby CaseysAngel » May 15th, 2011, 2:36 pm

HI Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to see you all of you I know and a few I don't!!!!!

Lesa, you aren't far form me, about 4 hours or so from Louisville!!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby JeannetteC » May 15th, 2011, 3:00 pm

Hi everyone. So great to see so many familiar faces.
My name is Jeannette and I live in Cambridge, Ontario with my very tolerant hubby of 17 years, my soon to be 16 and driving dd, and my soon to be 14 and starting high school ds.
I love most things crafty and have picked up many different things over the years (cake, knitting, cross-stitch, jewellery, ...) with using a cutter, one of my most recent. It started off as papercrafting, but that sure evolved quickly with the broad areas that we can tackle with them!
I currently cut with my Gazelle and MTC, but as of Thursday, I'm a proud owner of a 24" Cougar that will find it's way to my house by early July. Fortunately for me, as a supply teacher, that timing works out great. School won't resume here until after Labour day, so I will have all of July and August to make friends with my kitty! Can't wait to play and to share with everyone here.
JeannetteC

Postby Trisha » May 15th, 2011, 3:03 pm

Hello, everybody! I am Trisha from Texas. I started scrapbooking when I was a child, really, but I updated my style when I was forced to redo all my albums after a flood in 1998. The water ruined all my albums, but very few pictures. Then I got into cardmaking. Although I have dabbled in many crafts over the years, it is paper crafting that still holds my interest. As I learn to use my cutters more, I am finding new challenges in both scrapbooking and cardmaking, and I am becoming more interested in 3D things as well.

When I wanted a bug cutting machine in 2007, my DH went behind my back and bought me a Craft Robo instead. I was so mad at him for a while. But now, having the Robo and my amazing 18" Black Cat Cougar, I always give him the credit for getting me into electronic cutters. If he ever gives me flack over getting another toy to use, I just politely tell him, "This is your fault, Honey. You got me into this! Now I NEED this tool too." What can he say? It's the truth! He just shrugs his shoulders and grins.

I am learning Inkscape (I think I will always be learning it!), and MTC. I am in love with my Black Cat Cougar. Even on the days I am too busy to cut anything, I can't resist wandering through my craft room just to say hello.

I'm looking forward to great things in this forum with a fun-loving bunch of wonderful crafting people! I see lots of familiar names, so I already feel very comfortable here. Thanks to Sherri, Dawn, Rachell, Christy, and everyone who helped get this off the ground.
Trisha

Postby Retta » May 15th, 2011, 3:13 pm

Northern Indiana - lived here all my life. I'm Retta and I have been married for 26 years and have 4 children, DD - 25, DS - In heaven, DS - 21, DS - 17. We have a Great Dane, an Austrailian Cattle Dog, Chinchilla and until resently a large aquarium. I am a jack-of-all-trades at the business I work for, but am generally called an office manager. I have a 13" Cougar and just love it. I love all kinds of art, reading, and especially love teaching. I'm glad to be here and look forward to getting to know you better. Happy crafting!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby fairwayflunkie » May 15th, 2011, 3:24 pm

Hi I'm Nancy (aka fairwayflunkie), I live in Oromocto, NB (eastern Canada) and I will be the proud owner of a 18" Cougar sometimes in June...

I am 53 married almost 29 years to DH who is in the military, I work 4 days a week as office manager for an electrical union. We will both retire in September of next year! yippeeeee!

I am a longarm quilter and I will be quilting full time come next year....I can't wait...I'm also a machine embroiderer (well kind of...as I'm still learning :lol: ) ...so hopefully will combine all these wonderful machines together for some awesome projects...

I'd like to use the cougar to cut out applique...and of course whatever else comes to mind....
Nancy
fairwayflunkie

Postby Elizabeth » May 15th, 2011, 3:31 pm

Hi Nancy! I love New Brunswick. I grew up just acroos the border in No. Maine. Used to love watching the Beachcombers on Channel 6!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby CaseysAngel » May 15th, 2011, 4:21 pm

Hey Nancy, Trisha, JeanetteC and everyone I might have missed. So happy to see you guys!
CaseysAngel

Postby sherri » May 15th, 2011, 4:26 pm

WOW! I left here at 2 a.m. I worked on paperwork all day and then decided to check in! We have over 50 NEW members! I am sooooo excited to see so many familiar faces....I am so happy so many of you decided to join us! I will nto take time to welcome each and every one of you..just know that it warms my heart that you are going to join us in our new home. This has felt like home since the doors opened yesterday! :-)
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Postby rachellann » May 15th, 2011, 4:35 pm

love how thngs are picking up and everyone will to tell a little bit about them selves Welcome everyone.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby minorcustomcrafts » May 15th, 2011, 4:42 pm

It is so nice to see everyone. I am Trisha I live in Lincoln, Nebraska. I got my cricut about 2 years ago, but finally got it out to use with MTC. Got a new Cougar a couple of months ago, since my husband will be able to use it also. I manage a college bookstore and my husband is a stay-at-home dad. We will have been married 10 years this coming July 1st. I have a son that is 15 and a daughter who is 8 1/2. I make just about everything you can think of. If you look at my website you will know what I mean. The most favorite is clothing. My son even loves my clothes, he is always bringing me stuff he wants on his shirts. I am so excited to be here. I do tend to stalk the forums, since I can usually do that from work. I seem to not have time to post often, but I try.
minorcustomcrafts

Postby conicuts » May 15th, 2011, 4:58 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is Connie (conicuts) and I live in North Carolina with my husband of 33 years. We have a daughter Jennifer who lives in Boston as of about a month ago. Our son Justin, soon to be 25 lives in Brooklyn. We have 3 children left at home...Sadie, Zoe and Hayley, all toy poodles! My husband is manager of Michaels Arts and Crafts so of course I love shopping there for my crafty needs!

I'm a hairstylist and work 2 days a week in my home salon. The rest of the time you'll find me scrappin', knitting or crocheting. I seem to always have several projects going so I'm never bored and there are never enough hours in the day. I could go on and on, but I'm just happy to be here and to see all the familiar faces from the other forum!
Image<---- Cut by Connie's projects are Cougar cut...
Cut by Connie
SVGcuts
DigiScrapKits
Lettering Delights
conicuts

Cutter: 16" Black Cat Cougar

Postby veronika44 » May 15th, 2011, 5:16 pm

Hi I am Veronika with a K and am originally from Coburg Germany. I came to St. Petersburg Florida in 1962 and have never lived any place else. I was married for 23 years to my first husband and have 2 daughters. Now I have been married to David for 25 years and he has a son and a daughter together we have 8 grandchildren. He is my enabler in everything I want to do. I said Black Cat...he said adopt it lol. I am the most unorganized person in the world and he is the opposite but he tolerates me. I love to make cards and figuring the cost of supplies I think I spend about 150 dollars per card so far. I give all my cards as gifts. It is a hobby after all! glad to see so many people already here. Thank you all!
veronika44

Postby LJ Scrapper » May 15th, 2011, 5:52 pm

Howdy from the Ozarks - I am Lynda and live in Marshfield, Missouri about 2.5 hours west of St. Louis. Our exit is 100 on I-44. I have been a crafty person since I was a kid. I currently work in the construction department for a telephone company and my DH of 26 years this Oct works for the same company as a CO Tech. We have one DD who is 18 and graduates next Saturday. We have 2 dogs an Australian Terrier and an Australian Cattle Dog. I should be cutting out table decorations and a cupcake stand, for her graduation party, but have been checking out this new forum. DD will be going to college in the Fall to the Univercity of Central Florida. I started with a Silhouette, went to a 15" Lynx and now have a 24" Cougar.
Last edited by LJ Scrapper on May 16th, 2011, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynda

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn - Benjamin Franklin
LJ Scrapper

Postby meme » May 15th, 2011, 6:25 pm

Hi! I am meme and I am from Southern IL. I love art, I am learning to airbrush, paint with brushes too, crochet, sew very little, have done some woodcrafting, and love just about any form of art there is. Would like to learn the card making and scrapbooking stuff.
Last edited by meme on December 19th, 2011, 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
meme

Postby JeannetteC » May 15th, 2011, 7:40 pm

meme, are you of french background? My parents and their parents before them, are all referred to as meme and pepe. It's used commonly by the french in southern Ontario where I grew up. Everytime I see your name I think of my mom.
JeannetteC

Postby LisaH » May 15th, 2011, 7:43 pm

Hey ya'll!
I am Lisa and I live in Waycross, Georgia - which is in the southeast of the state - about 1.5 hours NW of Jacksonville, FL or 2.5 hours SW of Savannah.
I am married to a wonderful man which was/is my high school sweetheart. We have been married for 26 years, have a 25 year old son, 21year old daughter in law, 4 year old granddaughter, 20 year old daughter and an 18 year old son.
I have always been "artsy"(this is what my DIL calls me) and have designed/produced a line of childrens clothing locally, which really exhausted me because I was a 1 man show! Anyhoo...my Lynx should be here sometime next week (thanks to Sherri's hard work) and I can't wait to learn and play!!! I am a vinyl addict and now, thanks to Christy and Rachell a paper crafting addict as well!!! :lol: LOL Oh, I'm also a photographer...
So glad to see all of the familiar friends here and looking forward to making new ones! :D
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Suzan » May 15th, 2011, 8:19 pm

HappyCrafter wrote:Hi All,

I'm with Tyler, I usually don't do this. But what the heck.

I live in North Central Idaho with my wonderful husband of 28 years. We have lived here for only 5 years. We are originally from Southern California. We are retired. No children. No animals. Lots and lots of nieces and nephews we get to spoil and have spoiled.

I have been papercrafting for about 15 years. I also enjoy riding my bike (the pedal kind). I plan on riding the Trail of the Coeur d'Alene in July. It goes from the Washington/Idaho border to the Idaho/Montana border, so I am in training for that. Generally I just plain enjoy life--hence the name HappyCrafter.

Beanie you are too funny!

Whereabouts in So Cal. You are probably the closest crafter to me in California, even though you aren't here any more.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby granlin » May 15th, 2011, 9:27 pm

Hello everyone. I am glad we have this forum. I live in Ellensburg, WA which is in the center of the state. We have be married 47 years and still going strong! I am a cardmaker and like to use 3d flowers. We have two grown boys and they each have a boy and a girl. Our oldest grandaughter in this years Rodeo Queen and we are so proud. It is my hope that there is someone close to me to get together with and learn from each other. I am waiting for my Black Cat to come this week. My on line name is Granlin and I sometimes sign my real name, Linda but there seems to be alot of those around.
Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Linda
granlin

Cutter: BlackCat 13" Cougar

PreviousNext

Return to General