WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Re: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Postby Gigi » May 26th, 2014, 9:46 am

Welcome to the forum. Glad you have wandered around to find out all this machine can do. Be sure to visit www.silverbulletcutters.com as there are quite a few videos there as well.
If we can help, just say the word!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kaffee » May 26th, 2014, 10:42 am

Thank you Gigi. I do have some questions about the SIlver Bullet (if these questions have been answered, I'd appreciate being directed to these sites please):
    - What's in the box besides a user's manual and perhaps a driver?
    - Is there a page that contains the tech specs of the machine (we use 220v);
    - Can it work with a network (LAN) hub? a USB hub?
    - Assuming I would like for the SB to cut from fine material like tissue (or something like onion skin paper) to leather, PVC, metal (I even saw samples of wood), as well as emboss/deboss leather, board and metal, etc., will the "Got To Have It All" set suffice?
Thank you very much for your time.
kaffee

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Postby Gigi » May 26th, 2014, 11:31 am

The user manual is also in the learning center as is the download for the driver.

The "Gotta Have It All" package will cover most of your needs, other than extra blades, additional mats and Re-Nu sheets, all of which you will need eventually. I keep a supply of all on hand just in case, but have been using the same mat for AGES. Also most of us swear by the acrylic tables for optimal cutting.

Yes you can run the machine through a usb hub - mine is running that way right now and I have had no issues. :)

Here is a page with some specs that might help: http://silverbulletcutters.com/comparison-chart/

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Lizabeth » May 26th, 2014, 2:16 pm

Hi my name's Liz and I'm from Manchester, England. I'm married and have 2 girls (2 and 1) and run children's arts and crafts classes. My husband bought me a silver bullet for my birthday last month and I'm just getting round to setting it up but could do with someone letting me know the best place for video pointers as tried to follow the instruction manuals last night but didn't manage to cut anything (although did mark the shape with the blade just didn't cut through so need to tweak something!) My apologies if it says it elsewhere as I'm just making my way through the forum now!
Lizabeth

Cutter: Silver bullet - a4

Postby kaffee » May 26th, 2014, 2:20 pm

Thanks again.
RE:
The "Gotta Have It All" package will cover most of your needs, other than extra blades, additional mats and Re-Nu sheets, all of which you will need eventually. I keep a supply of all on hand just in case

In that case, I will include the "Gotta Have It All" package and will have to think about which of the extra blades to include as there's distance and expense to consider, not to mention the bobbing currency conversion we have to deal with.

RE: Specs sheet—very helpful indeed, thank you; it's just what I was looking for (although I suppose a technical specs sheet, similar to computer hardware pages that's instantly accessible on the product page, would be great to have).
ü
---
A PS. edit about the specs sheet:
I didn't see the voltage but I'm hoping, as it's universally been with gadgets and equipment, that it's 100-240v ü
kaffee

Postby Elizabeth » May 27th, 2014, 6:46 pm

Hello Dina and Kaffee. Welcome to the forum. Would love to see what you create with your Silver Bullets!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Thyme » May 28th, 2014, 12:30 am

Yes the voltage is 100 - 240
Thyme

Postby MelCon » June 3rd, 2014, 9:27 pm

Hi my name is Melanie I live in Newcastle Australia, Ive been looking on the forum for a few weeks now since my beloved arrived :) I simply love this cutter Ive been cutting vinyl and mylar and just loving the results. I find this forum absolutely wonderful as everyone seems to have a wealth of knowledge regarding the Silver Bullet.
MelCon

Postby Gigi » June 3rd, 2014, 9:51 pm

Welcome Melanie! We are so happy to have you hear and glad you are enjoying your new "best friend"!!

Thank you for letting us know you have found helpful information here - that is always nice and reassuring to hear! We all try to help however we can and share in the joy of each other's successes! Would love to see what you are up to if and when you would like to share!

Again, welcome!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » June 4th, 2014, 7:07 pm

Welcome Melanie from another Melanie. I am in the Eastern Part of the State of Tennessee in the USA! Glad you are loving your new cutter! Lots of knowledge here on the forum! Look forward to seeing some of your work.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby jlpkansas » June 4th, 2014, 7:41 pm

Hello everyone! My name is June and I live on a farm in north central Kansas with my farmer of 34 years. We have 5 kids and our 16th grandchild will arrive in September. My day job is working in a nursing facility as a Physical Therapist Assistant but my favorite "job" is Grandma.

I've just purchased a 24" SB after giving my Cameo to our daughter.
jlpkansas

Cutter: 24" SB

Postby Gigi » June 4th, 2014, 8:43 pm

Welcome June! OMG - SIXTEEN grandchildren! My you are blessed!!! That just makes me smile from ear to ear.

And i so understand - being "Grammy" is my favorite job as well, but only have two..... so far! :)

WELCOME!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » June 5th, 2014, 6:53 am

Welcome June. 16 grandkids will keep you busy with that Silver Bullet! Enjoy both!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby jlpkansas » June 5th, 2014, 11:46 am

Yes, it is delightful! Our newest will be 6 weeks old tomorrow and our oldest will be 12 in October. We have a dtr, Sarah, near Minneapolis MN and she is expecting her 7th (5 boys, 1 dtr and this one is a boy!) That's 10 hours from us so we don't see them as often as we'd like. Paula lives about an hour away and has 5, one son, 4 girls. Kate lives near St. Louis and has 2, one of each. (8 hours away.) Andrew (was in the USMC) & his family live "in town" about 5 miles away so we see them often. They have the new baby and a 2 yo, both girls. Scott, our youngest, will be discharged from the USN at the end of this month after 8 years and will be home for awhile. He does not have a wife or kids ... yet. (He's "dating" a HS classmate that has 3 boys so our numbers may jump quickly!) Dating meaning they "hang out" when his is home but he's currently stationed in San Diego.

Thanks for the welcome!
June
jlpkansas

Cutter: 24" SB

Postby Elizabeth » June 10th, 2014, 8:12 am

Hello and welcome, Melanie and June! Congrats on your new Bullets. We are so glad that you have joined us!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Missy » July 2nd, 2014, 1:26 pm

Hi there, I'm looking at buying a Silver Bullet and live in Youngstown. I see that you're in North Ohio. Are you anywhere close to Youngstown? I'd be great to have someone close by to chat tech stuff with.

Thanks,
Missy
Missy

Cutter: Silver Bullet 15"

Postby Missy » July 2nd, 2014, 1:50 pm

Hi there, I'm new here and am looking to buy a Silver Bullet for a University studio. I live in Youngstown, OH. If there is anyone working in a University situation that has advice they'd like to share, I'm all ears! If anyone is located around Youngstown,OH, Cleveland/Akron area or Pittsburgh, I'd love to connect!
Missy

Cutter: Silver Bullet 15"

Postby nannie4 » July 5th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Hello from Ontario, Canada. :)
I bought a Silver Bullet 13" last Wednesday and it is scheduled to arrive on the 10th. I can't wait! :D I started with a Cricut Expression, moved to a Sizzix eclips and now I'm anxious to try everything that the SB can do. Thanks to Sherri and Penny Duncan for all of the help they have so generously given. I look forward to being a part of this community.
I had to smile when I read that purchasers "tend to stalk Fedex" while waiting for their machines to arrive --- glad to know that I'm not the only one. :D I'm counting the days......
nannie4
Die-cutting counts as exercise.....right?
nannscraftinest.blogspot.com
nannie4

Cutter: SB 13, SCAL 5 Pro, Windows 10

Postby Gigi » July 5th, 2014, 6:18 pm

Welcome to the forum and to the family!!

LOL on the stalking - we have all been there. Just think - by the end of the week you will have it, so get all of your household chores out of the way so you can concentrate on just playing with your new machine. And you have time to start visiting the learning center and get acquainted with some of the basics. And of course, we will be here to help if you cannot find the answers.

You are in for a great creative adventure!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby nannie4 » July 5th, 2014, 7:18 pm

Thanks so much, Gigi. BTW, I just visited your blog, and I'm sure that I can smell those blueberry muffins! I have to make those for the grandkids (ahem!) OK ---- DH and I would have ONE also. Oh, who am I kidding --- they wouldn't last long enough for the grandkids' next visit. :ROFLMBO: I'll be checking out your blog again. I'm sure I'll gain weight just looking......
nannie4
Die-cutting counts as exercise.....right?
nannscraftinest.blogspot.com
nannie4

Cutter: SB 13, SCAL 5 Pro, Windows 10

PreviousNext

Return to General