WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Re: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Postby Retta » May 1st, 2014, 6:16 pm

Missed some posts sorry. Welcome everyone. This is a great place to learn and share!

Have fun!

Retta
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby morning-glory » May 4th, 2014, 8:32 pm

Good Day! I am from Castlegar, British Columbia, Canada. I am divorced, have 3 of my own girls 24, 26, and 30 years and 4 step children and 7 grandchildren. I work for school district #20-as an Aboriginal Support Worker and just started a new business that I am building inventory for. I bought the 24" Silver Bullet and am still getting familiar with it. Getting the right blades, matched with the proper mediums, how far to extend blade, to use painters tape, or clear-contact, lol...and I am slowly getting there! And still excited!! I just turned 48 and hope I have many years of playing with my silver bullet :) We have such an awesome bunch of people here for supports! thank you :)

have a good day!!......
Kim
morning-glory

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Postby Gigi » May 4th, 2014, 8:43 pm

Welcome Kim~ i know we have 'talked" on other threads, but I had NO idea you had such an extensive family - wow! I have my hands full with three grown children and two grandchildren. What a blast you must have during the holidays!! And you are still so young - how wonderful!!

You are doing all of the right things to learn and get used to your new machine. Just keep taking it a little at a time and you will accomplish all that you want! I have had my machine - gee not sure - two years or more(??) and I am still learning. That is the fun of it - I love the amazement and satisfaction that still comes!

Enjoy and good luck with the new business!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » May 5th, 2014, 5:35 am

Hi Kim! Sounds like you are taking all the right steps to learn your new Silver Bullet. No doubt you will find many uses for it, between your family, your job and your new business! Welcome to the forum.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby LisaH » May 5th, 2014, 7:15 am

Welcome to everyone that I have missed...glad you have joined our family!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby morning-glory » May 5th, 2014, 11:36 pm

Thank you Gigi and Elizabeth! Yes! it is constantly challenging me to go further ! lol...I did realize today though that when people say 60 plus blade, it is the long shaft blade....I believe? right? lol...I do have one of those! so I am excited again because I am working on cutting tanned hide..and determined to be successful :) when I am....... I will absolutely share what i find.

Kim
morning-glory

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Postby Gigi » May 6th, 2014, 12:18 am

Yes you are right - i just answered that on another thread!!

Good luck with all of your experimentation.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » May 6th, 2014, 12:48 pm

Fun! Another thing on my 'try it someday' list!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby LaurieW » May 8th, 2014, 8:23 pm

I live in Augusta GA. I have owned my silver bullet Christmas, but have not had much chance to use it. I have had a Cricut and a Cameo, there seems to be a learning curve here ie blades. I know when I find the time I am going to love this machine. Anyone live in my area?
LaurieW

Cutter: prespective buyer

Postby Gigi » May 8th, 2014, 10:52 pm

Welcome Laurie! I know we have users in GA,but not sure how close they are to you.

Yes there is a learning curve, but you are right. once you get over the curve, you will really love your machine.

Welcome to the family!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby LisaH » May 9th, 2014, 7:42 am

LaurieW Hi Laurie! Welcome to the family.

I live almost due south from you, closer to the GA / FL border - I'm about an hour NNW of Jacksonville. I'm pretty sure we have some users around Atlanta, which may be closer than me.

You will love the SB Pro if you invest the time to really play and learn the machine, otherwise, you will get frustrated. Make sure you go through the Learning Center, sign up if you haven't already, it makes a world of difference by actually reading the information and watching the videos there. There is also a FAQ section that contains answers to MOST of the questions "newbies" have and if you really cannot find the answer there, please search and ask on here. There are a LOT of really knowledgeable people here that are more than willing to help. Also go to www.silverbulletcutters.com as there, in the gallery, are videos and settings used by many others to give a starting place for your settings. Everyone sets their machine, blades, etc up slightly different, so you really need to experiment with what works best for you and the set-up you are using. But most of all HAVE FUN!!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Elizabeth » May 10th, 2014, 10:04 am

Hi Laurie,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get time to play with your Silver Bullet soon! It is a terrific machine, and as Lisa says, if you take time to go through the learning center and the website, you will find no end of ways to happily use it for all your projects.

Elizabeth

Postby LaurieW » May 18th, 2014, 8:26 pm

Thank you ladies, I appreciate the encouragement. I have successfully used the Cricut and the Cameo just a little slow getting to the Bullit. Lisa H, my son lives in Jax, Fl. if there is ever a crop or event featuring the bullit I would appreciate knowing about it. My bags are always packed for a good crop, or expo.
LaurieW

Cutter: prespective buyer

Postby kenskreations » May 23rd, 2014, 1:53 am

Hi!! :D

My name is Ken and I proudly run the blog Ken's Kreations. I live in Spokane, Wa with my partner of 15 years and I have 5 golden retrievers (2 who are now with my mom in heaven). I feel in love with die cutting machines about 5 years ago and I have built my blog and youtube videos around them. I currently own the Cricut Explore and Silhouette Cameo, however when I saw my first video on the Silver Bullet....well lets just say I had a "Holy" experience and knew I needed one. I am currently saving my dimes, nickels and pennies to get the 24" cutter. I currently design for Scrappy Dew Creations and PPBN Designs. I saw this forum and thought while I am in the process of filling my piggy bank I might as well peek around here to get confidence with this machine! I am SO EXCITED to get this machine and see where it take my crafting level to. I am REALLY excited to start making YouTube videos on the silver bullet and why EVERYONE should have this amazing machine. Anyways that is who I am and what I want to do!

Ken

http://www.kreativeken.blogspot.com
kenskreations

Cutter: Silver Bullet, Cameo, Explore

Postby Gigi » May 23rd, 2014, 2:48 am

Welcome Ken. I had to chuckle at your "aha moment" when you saw your first video of the Silver Bullet. It truly is all that and more. Many of us here have owned a wide variety of machines including the two you mentioned, and this machine is pretty incredible in comparison. Yes you do need one and you will love it.

I just peeked at your blog and it looks like fun. Will definitely go back when I have more time to spend looking around! Thanks for letting us know you are here and please holler if you have questions. I think you will find tons of information here. Be sure to check out the masterpieces thread and also the individual albums in the gallery to see what we have all been up to!!

Enjoy the journey!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » May 24th, 2014, 6:23 am

Hi Ken! Welcome to the forum. The SB is definitely worth saving for. With the exception of things with a heartbeat, it is my favorite thing in my house! I love the Fathers Day card you posted on your blog. I'll bet your dad will LOVE it!

Elizabeth

Postby dinaj » May 25th, 2014, 9:22 am

HI! I'm Dina from Pachuta Ms. I live in a gated lake community with my husband and youngest son(13). Our 2 oldest sons,20 and 18 live in our other house. I am a stay at home mom and just got my silver bullet in March. I am still learning things on it and love making decals for my sons.
dinaj

Cutter: prospective buyer

Postby MeFlick » May 25th, 2014, 10:13 am

Welcome to everyone! kenskreations. Wow - 5 Golden Retrievers! Even with 2 in heaven with your Mom, that leaves you 3! After years of no dogs after our Cocker Spaniel died when my 2 children
were young, they finally convinced me to get another dog about a year and a half ago. I had been doing lots of research and decided if I was getting one, it was going to be a Golden Retriever. She will be two years old in Sept., We got her her the weekend after Thanksgiving two years ago. She is just a wonderful dog and so happy to have her. Other than the shedding (and boy do they shed!) she is a great dog! Never chewed up the first thing that wasn't hers (honest - told my kids not to expect that with most puppies!), learns so easily, and just loves to be loved! Goes crazy if she hear the word "WALK" . Just an already awesome dog and everyone who encounters her for long wants to go out and get a Golden! I am familiar with you and your bog from years ago on the Cricut forums. Look forward to seeing what you do when you get a bigger and better machine!

Dina - be sure to share what you are creating with your bullet! Things for boys are often difficult for people to come up with so there should be lots of interest in those!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » May 25th, 2014, 10:54 am

Welcome Dina. And Melanie is so right - making things for males is such a struggle for some of us. Would love to see what you are creating !
Hope you enjoy the forum and find a lot of helpful information here!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kaffee » May 26th, 2014, 2:16 am

Hello, a prospective Silver Bullet owner from Manila here.

I've emailed Sheri to inquire if SB has a MNL distributor that I can visit for a demo (anyone from here?); Sheri directed me to the forum which I see will be helpful for new (prospective users) like myself. I've been through all 42 pages of this thread, likely the equivalent of other Boards' "Introduce yourself" thread.

The only cutter I have ever owned and master is the ever-dependable manual craft cutter although I am not a crafter by any (of your) standards. A guillotine-type came later but never really got the hang of it as I think that I have much more control over the cutter and blade. Just recently, we got a card splitter, the first electronic cutter I've used and am very pleased with it.

Unlike the majority of SB owners here who have upgraded from other brands or models, my introduction to SB was via this recent online review—a review junkie for most of computing and tech needs, I am, although toptenreviews.com isn't among my top ten ü; I found it helpful nonetheless.

Since becoming aware of SB just last month, I've browsed through some videos and am amazed at the variety of media that it can handle.

I am a visual artist and publications and graphic designer by profession and as such have worked closely with printers and other craftsmen of the trade for the past 20 years. I was looking for ways to create more interesting self-made books and other paper-made products which led my introduction to desktop die-cutting machines and, eventually, to Silver Bullet.

It looks like there is a lot to learn about the machine and some threads exist that try to give solutions to problems I may potentially encounter. I hope to absorb all of these before I make a final order.

I wish everyone a great day.
kaffee

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

PreviousNext

Return to General