You are very welcome.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Postby Rusty_Stumps » July 11th, 2019, 11:27 am

I'm Walt Gillespie and I'm from Fishers, IN, just north of Indianapolis.
I am retired (76 going on 19 :D) but run a full time company designing and manufacturing items for Modeling in scale mainly Model Railroading parts. Website is https:/www.rustystumps.com if you care to see what I manufacture.
I've sold off two parts of the company over the last two years. First was the Laser Cut Detail products consisting of shingles, doors & windows and other various pieces. Second I sold off the Kits section of the company.
This left me with the 3D printed detail products which now are about 1,000 and I plan on increasing that to 10,000 items. I use 2 high end SLA liquid resin 3D printers.
But I also design and manufacture "stick built kits". I have large supply of sheet basswood planks I want to cut to stripwood for these kits. thus the reason I purchased a new 24" Silver Bullet unit. Now I need to find out what the settings and such are in cutting basswood and that's my current needs. We are busy, the wife and I as that's the company, and I haven't even had time to power up or test the Silver Bullet yet. Need to get a lot else out of the way before that.
So, if you have any feed back on cutting basswood and light plywood I'd like to hear it.
Rusty_Stumps

Cutter: none

Postby Gigi » July 11th, 2019, 4:49 pm

There are suggested pressured posted in the Learning Center Classroom (and here on the forum as well) but we always say that trial and error is the best teacher. There are many factors that could make your wood different than someone elses - quality, cut, humidity of the wood, humidity in the air, etc. etc. - as well as the positioning of your blade (how much it is sticking out, how far above the wood it is set, etc. It is always recommended to use the test cut button to see what works best for you and your machine given those variables. Others may weigh in, but understand that the "perfect" setting for one person might not be the same for you.

Enjoy the learning process - you will be creating in no time. Just take it slow through the classroom and get a good basic understanding of the machine and how it works. It will help you have the best results in the long run.

Welcome to the SB family!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Daniel-J » January 10th, 2020, 12:56 am

I don't like to say much about myself, but I'll try. I travel all the time, now I'm in Australia helping to eliminate the effects of this monstrous fire. I've got a psychic disorder, I've got practically no emotions. So my cold mind and knowledge of animal anatomy help in my work especially when situations are critical.
I want to make the world a little better and kinder, if I can do it, I'd probably be happy to.
Daniel-J

Cutter: prospective buyer.

Postby cowolter » April 8th, 2020, 4:02 pm

I am Alex. I live in the Atlanta Georgia area, though I'm originally from Ukraine. I am a stay at home mom now.
I love to create, but rarely can put 2 thoughts together, so I tend to putter more than produce anything substantial. I love trying new techniques and tips. Glad to join your community.
onplanners
cowolter

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar

Postby buttons » March 19th, 2021, 10:28 am

Hi everyone. I am Diane from West Sussex in the Uk. I have been a crafter for many years and love it. I am married to a wonderful man who I adore. I am the envious owner of an 18" Silver bullet pro. I am a craftaholic most days but sometimes get dragged away by housework. I have children and grandchildren ... as well as three great grandchildren (I feel so old!!). I am still learning with my lovely machine but am really glad I am not alone on this. Hooray for forums
buttons

Cutter: silver bullet 18"

Postby Gigi » March 19th, 2021, 12:52 pm

We are happy to have you Diane, and here to help if you need it. There is a definite learning curve with this machine, but it is wonderful and always exceeds my expectations. And even tho I have been using it for 10+ years, I still feel like I have just scratched the surface. Enjoy the learning adventure!

Gigi
Gigi

Previous

Return to General