WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Re: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Postby Gigi » May 15th, 2011, 10:55 pm

Suzan wrote:
HappyCrafter wrote:Hi All,

Whereabouts in So Cal. You are probably the closest crafter to me in California, even though you aren't here any more.

Suzan -

I am in southern California as is Ducky (not sure she has moved over here yet - she makes amazing cutting files that are at http://www.duckysdesigns.com - we live just a few blocks apart and never would have known it had we not met on "another" cutting forum a few years ago - so you are not alone in Southern CA!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby scrpbooklady » May 15th, 2011, 11:12 pm

Wow - great to see so many familiar faces here already! I got home from work and found the announcement about the new forum and poppped right over to check it out.

I'm Lora, aka scrpbooklady. I'm 51, married to my high school sweetheart for 32 years next month, mom to Melissa (30) and Jennifer (27). Melissa lives with us in Alabama. Jennifer is married to Tom and they have blessed us with two adorable grandchildren who are the light of our lives - Natalie is 4 and Daniel will be 2 at the end of August. Unfortunately for me, they live in Indiana so I don't see them nearly as often as I would like - thank goodness for things like Skype!

I've been a scrapbooker most of my life but started in earnest in 2000 - I've had periods of time where I don't do much with it but it is the one hobby/craft that I always return to. I dabble with cards and stamps but mostly just my scrapbooks. I'm currently cutting with an Expression that I've had for over 3 years - bought it the day after I discovered SCAL. My DD and SIL purchased a Lynx for me for Mother's Day and I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival - sometime late June/early July I think.

I have a blog and share cut files there from time to time - http://scrpbooklady.blogspot.com.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here!

Lora
Lora

I'd love for you to stop by and visit my blog:

Notes from the Scrapbooklady
scrpbooklady

Postby CaseysAngel » May 16th, 2011, 6:04 am

Welcome Lora. Great to see you here!!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby Neva » May 16th, 2011, 6:38 am

Hi, I am Neva from Arkansas. I am married & we are both retired so time for crafting. I do mostly card & home deco. I love paper & cutting. Electronic cutters are a wonderful tool especially for me as I can no longer use scissors very much. This looks like a fun place to hang out & learn in.
Neva

Postby CaseysAngel » May 16th, 2011, 6:53 am

Welcome Neva!!!!!!!!! Great to have you here!!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby catseyes » May 16th, 2011, 7:31 am

Hi
I live on the west coast of Scotland in the UK. Love to craft,play scrabble,watercolor paint and reading,along with music.
Have been married to john for 35yrs and he takes good care of me as i have several disabilities,hence why i so love my 13"black cat cougar.I have 2 children ages 34 and 32 a girl and a boy,whom i love dearly.
Look forward to continuing to make new friends as well as enjoy the old ones here.
hugs susannah
catseyes

Postby CaseysAngel » May 16th, 2011, 7:33 am

Welcome Susannah,

how wonderful you have such a great and supportive husband!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby Ladyzilver » May 16th, 2011, 9:08 am

Hi,
My name is Louisa and I live in the Netherlands. I am married 34 years to a wonderful man and have 2 grown daughters. We are so blessed to have a granddaughter and since September twinboys from our eldest. I love to make layouts with their pictures and enjoy making cards. I am anxiously waiting until my Lynx will be delivered and hope to learn a lot from all of you on this board.
Ladyzilver

Postby CaseysAngel » May 16th, 2011, 9:11 am

Welcome Louisa!!!!!!! If we can help you with anything please let us know honey!!!! We are happy you are here.
CaseysAngel

Postby Ladyzilver » May 16th, 2011, 9:31 am

Thank you so much, you have no idea how much I missed you all!
Ladyzilver

Postby Thyme » May 16th, 2011, 9:59 am

Hi Louisa! and welcome
Thyme

Postby CaseysAngel » May 16th, 2011, 10:23 am

Ladyzilver wrote:Thank you so much, you have no idea how much I missed you all!

I know what you mean!!!!!! It's funny how we get so attached to those we've never really meet isn't it?
CaseysAngel

Postby YorkieMom » May 16th, 2011, 11:16 am

Hi everyone! I'm so happy I found you! I'm Susan from North Carolina aka YorkieMom. I am married and "mom" to 3 furbabies, Molly, Jordan and Kasey...all yorkies. I am an RN and work 12 hour shifts on the weekend and also caregiver for my 85 year old mom. I have the 24" BC Cougar and as Christy says I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Cougar!! Also have a couple of E's and the Gazelle but rarely use either since getting my cat in December. It is an awesome machine with absolutely fabulous customer support. Thank you Dawn and Sherri! My favorite medium is vinyl although on occasion I will cut paper if it's absolutely necessary :D I am nowhere as proficient as all of you but will try to contribute from time to time. Thanks so much to everyone involved in getting this forum up and running. I'm looking to spending a lot of time here!
YorkieMom

Postby CaseysAngel » May 16th, 2011, 11:33 am

I was just fixing to drag you out of hiding Susan. So glad you are here.

And for the rest of you I see that i know , I can see you are a member it's time to say hi. Don't make me call ya out. I miss you guys!!!!!!!!!LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby YorkieMom » May 16th, 2011, 11:36 am

Lol Thanks Christy! I can't tell you how happy I am to be here! This is gonna be so much fun :lol:
~The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears~
YorkieMom

Postby Lindacrew4 » May 16th, 2011, 12:02 pm

My name is Linda, also known as Lindacrew4, on the MTC and here forum.
I live in Pelham, NH , I am a crafter for many yrs, and own a RACHANGEL cougar. Love my new external family here and wish I lived near at least one of them. There are no crafters in my area.If we ever really meet up in person, I think the meeting place will be JUMPING.
Hey Sherri and Dawn, another idea just flashed thru my head....
Lets have a reunion somewhere in the middle of the map and make it a 3 day party, how is that idea?

I have never seen so many SMART designers in my life as I do here. Looking forward to this being the best family, friendly forum ever, with the GREAT customer service we already receive from Sherri and Dawn I'm sure it will be.
Linda
Lindacrew4

Cutter: 13" cougar

Postby Rosemarie » May 16th, 2011, 12:06 pm

Hi everyone! I am Rosemarie or Rose mostly. I am married to my senior year prom date for almost 28 years. My DH and DD and i live in Southern California. We have 3 kids- a daughter Brianna (almost 27 and she lives at home with us) and twin boys Brandon and Tristan (25). Tristan has been married a year today (!) and and has a year old son. I have only met him once but i am addicted to his laugh on video. Both boys live on Long Island, NY.
I am learning to cut with my cricut which i purchased to use on scrapbook pages and use MTC and have made a couple of cards that i have shared on the MTC board.
I lost my job almost a year ago but crafting and the forums (and some meds) have been keeping me almost sane.
I have recently been learning to stamp and use watercolor pencils to color with. In fact, i made my first card last night.
I have learned i can color almost decently but don't have any talent drawing. i can picture what i want on the paper but the finger muscles and the brain connections have a short circuit. So with the great talent of the people i follow on the blogs and groups i can create which makes my world a bit brighter.
Rosemarie

Postby Mary Kobe » May 16th, 2011, 2:53 pm

Hi! I am Mary from Kansas. I have been married to my wonderful husband for six years and we have 7 grown children. I have 5, he has 2. Five are married with another wedding in July. I have 3 grandchildren, Brennan, 4 and his baby sister, Gracie, 5 months, and Madden who is 3. (The grandkids are the best part of growing up!)

I have worked at a community college for 10 years and absolutely love my job! I am a people person and this is perfect for me! I work with high school students who are taking classes for both high school and college credit. The job does get a little frustrating (like at this time of year), but it is very rewarding

I love to craft no matter what it is! I have a wonderful Cougar! I just wish that I had more time at home to play!
Mary Kobe

Postby sherri » May 16th, 2011, 4:09 pm

OHHHHH I AM SO HAPPY! I just got here today and so many more "old friends" have arrived! YEA! The word is getting out! Thank you Christy as Usual for being such a great greeter....this place is so wonderful already! I spent all morning receiving this shipment of machines and they are already out the door..all 1900 POUNDS of them and that is not British pounds....LOL We will have made a LOT of people happy in the next few days and have a whole new bunch of family join us! I am so happy and so excited I cannot stand it! The freedom I feel here is so wonderful! It feels like the air in Muir woods in CA...it is so fresh and full of oxygen..and YOU have all made it that way! I LOVE you all and i am so happy to see you all and I can hardly wait until we get the rest of the people we may have lost along the way. I will not reply back to each and everyone of you but welcome! I am so happy you are here once again! :-) With that I am going to go collapse...from all the hard work today...LOL
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Postby Suzan » May 16th, 2011, 4:16 pm

CAGigi wrote:
Suzan wrote:
HappyCrafter wrote:Hi All,

Whereabouts in So Cal. You are probably the closest crafter to me in California, even though you aren't here any more.

Suzan -

I am in southern California as is Ducky (not sure she has moved over here yet - she makes amazing cutting files that are at http://www.duckysdesigns.com - we live just a few blocks apart and never would have known it had we not met on "another" cutting forum a few years ago - so you are not alone in Southern CA!!

I am in Palm Springs, yippee that makes 3 of us that I know about.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

PreviousNext

Return to General