WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Re: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Postby Gigi » May 14th, 2011, 10:12 pm

Will try again - wrote this up ones and submitted it but it didn't show!

I am Gigi and I live in Southern California. I have three adult children (can't say grown as the youngest is a 21 yr old male who has a long way to go to be grown up!!) - and two wonderful granddaughters, 10 and 5. They are in Northern California. My oldest son is getting married in October and his fiance is wonderful. She could not be more like my own daughter and I adore her. It's a great time for our family. Oh - also have two dogs - both rescues - a cocker spaniel and a springer spaniel.

When I am not making cards, I do a lot of volunteer work in the community and I think I work harder at that than when I was actually working full-time! But it is very rewarding. I feel fortunate that even though I am on disability I am still able to get around and stay involved. I also love needlework (counted cross stitch and counted needlepoint), reading when I have time, gardening, knitting on looms, cooking, and whatever else I can learn.

I have had my Black Cat (still need to name it) for about two years?? I have known Sherri a long time and Dawn almost as long and think the world of both of them. I am so glad we have a new place to come with exciting promises of new things to play with!! Thank you Sherri for creating a great place for us.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby peoriagrammy » May 14th, 2011, 10:27 pm

Hi Everyone! I'm Sally. I'm so happy to be here! I live in Peoria, Arizona. My hubby and I are both retired teachers but I recently went back to work very part-time working with at-risk kids. That very part-time job allowed me to buy a Lynx that I am anxiously awaiting!!! I have a DS and a DD and 6 wonderful grandchildren...I call them my sweet peas.
I love to craft...cards, scrapbooking, rhinestoning, jewelry, machine embroidery, sewing blah blah blah!!
Anyway, sooooo very happy to be here and thank you to Dawn, Sheri, Christy, Rachellann and Tyler for making this possible!
peoriagrammy

Postby PennyDuncan » May 14th, 2011, 10:31 pm

Beanie.....You're NUTS!!!!! ;)
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby bekkip » May 14th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Hi, I am Becky, username Bekkip. I live in Arizona, small town named Eagar, in the NE part of the state, the White Mountains. I am awaiting my Lynx, she will be called Lexie and I am so excited to finally get her soon. I love card making. Do scads of volunteer work in the community, cut into my play time. But, will make time soon. I am happy to be here. You all are super. I have a son, who is the light of my life, no grandkids, but have two wonderful doggies. Shortie a Lhasa Apso and Sabrina a Dobie/Greyhound mix. They are precious.
bekkip

Postby karenl3912 » May 14th, 2011, 11:57 pm

Hi, My name is Karen and I am a Craftoholic, Oh, this isn't a 12 step program? Sorry. :?
I live near Melbourne, Australia on 2 acres of peace.
I have been married over 40 years, I am spoiled and I still like him. Started going out with him on my 16th and his 21st birthday's and I married him at 17. I can see you all counting. :roll: I would have choked any of my children had they married that young but they aren't as old as we were then. Like Sherri my husband is usually home once a month from work. Although we all travelled with him for many years I stopped so Kye could settle for University. Now I visit when I want to depending on where he is.
We have raised or helped to raise 50 babies. Only our youngest Kye 23 is still at home and she is staying or I will have to adopt some more. We have 9 grandchildren and Kye, no matter what she says will give me one more granddaughter so I have 5 of each. My first granddaughter turned 17 last week and she was only born yesterday. :cry:
Our home is a zoo, we have Alpaca's, Chickens, Fish, Turtles, Parrots and assorted other birds. The cat moved out to my daughters home for peace and to escape my 2 monster dogs, Bailey and Riley, both Golden retrievers and yes, they retrieve anything. They are in really big trouble if they retrieve one more chicken and bring it to me, it puts them off laying for a week. Their main hobby is eating my home. So far they have eaten a bathroom, all 3 walls and 2 doors, through plaster, power lines, timber and plaster. Which got them into the garage where they ate my Christmas tree, husbands golf club and new ski's. That was just one night at work for them so imagine 2 years of them but I still like them.
Due to my husbands career our children are gypsy's besides Kye I have one daughter, Holly, nearby but the others can be found from in the tropics to the Arctic Circle. So the eldest is Canadian who gave me 2 grandchildren with strange accents but I like them.
I sell Black Cat in Australia and have been with them since before they were born.
Last edited by karenl3912 on May 15th, 2011, 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Karen.
karenl3912

Postby CaseysAngel » May 14th, 2011, 11:58 pm

Welcome EVeryone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby kathybessey » May 15th, 2011, 1:23 am

Hi,

I am Kathy and I am from SW Idaho. I have been divorced for 14 years. I have six kids ranging in age from 33 to almost 4! (OK 33 year old is my former step-son but I consider him my kid as I raised him from 7 to 18) and the 4 year old is my grandson that I adopted so he is now my son...the four in between those two I actually gave birth too! LOL I also have seven grandchildren (not including the one I adopted) -- the last one just born on May 12th!

I work as an emergency communications dispatcher for the state of Idaho and LOVE my job.

I love my 18" Cougar and am soooo happy I found you guys! (Thanks Rach!)
kathybessey

Postby Suzan » May 15th, 2011, 3:44 am

Hi all, it is me Suzan, you know me from Black Cat, and MTC, and once in awhile SCAL. I too am married 25 years, and we have 1 22 year old daughter, 2 dogs, 4 cats, and a baby pigeon we rescued last year. I am an office manager for a wonderful security installation company. I have paper crafted for about 2 years now, and I have started my own site selling svg's. I have a partner RJ Ogren who is a former Disney Artist that sketches lovely things and then I create the patterns. But my passion is 3d. I love love boxes and bags. I am so happy this is another outlet for us crafters, and knowing Sherri it will be a super wonderful place to be. I am super fortunate I have a wonderful hubby who supports my addiction and to top it off he is a super techie, and helps me solve all my problems. I love to have fun, and follow all of you really great artists. I admire all of you talent, and want you to know I have learned so much from all of you. I appreciate all that Sherri has done to get this forum up and running, and Dawn there isn't enough wonderful things I can say about her.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby prob21 » May 15th, 2011, 4:47 am

Hi Sherri,
Thanks for your invitation to be part of this great Forum. I suppose I'll learn a lot from all talented people here...besides finding very good crafter friends among the Black Cat users.
best,
paulo/brazil
prob21

Postby Barbara » May 15th, 2011, 4:58 am

Hi I am from Byford Western Australia. On the outskirts of Perth. I am Jo's Mum. Jo is the Dealer on the West Coast of OZ.
Jo has a five day Show this week so I will be busy for the next week.
Barbara
Barbara

Postby witchy » May 15th, 2011, 6:28 am

Hi My name is Joycelyn , nickname witchy , i am the eldest girl with 5 brothers hence the nickname :D
I have 2 grown up sons , one grandson,and a little Cairn terrier, have been with my wonderful partner "him indoors" ,for 22 years, i refere to him as him indoors because he is never home , always working ,

I am obsessed with card and paper

I have been card crafting for as long as i can remember, making personalised cards for very loyal custumers for 15 years ,

and have been using electronic cutters since the Robo first came on the market and then progressed to the KNK , i now have a 13" Cougar,Love my Baby beast and love my foil master.

Oh i nearly forgot to say :lol: I am from SouthWales UK and i live on the beautiful south wales coast 2 minutes from the beach,

xxxxxxxxx
J
witchy

Postby MeFlick » May 15th, 2011, 7:41 am

Like several - I don't usually do this! LOL (Give great details about myself!) But since we are among friends - I will! Thanks for setting this forum up for us! Looking forward to it.

I am Melanie, MeFlick - on all forums that you will find me on. I started out with the original cricut 5 years ago and happy to say I "graduated" to an 18" Cougar last year. I have 2 children. A DS 14 who will be entering HS in the fall and a DD 15 who is just finishing up her 1st year of HS, so come fall - I will have 2 HS students - I swear they were just babies!! They are both avid sports people. My son played American Football, Basketball and Baseball this year for school. DD's passion is Volleyball. She plays for school and traveling club. I have been an active volunteer in their school since they were in Kindergarten. So that means I don't have a lot of free time right now for crafting but I try when I can! I have a wonderful DH who I have been married to for 26 years this summer. He is quite indulgent of my crafting hobby and need for tools. LOL I have stayed home with my children since they were babies but I am a licensed attorney. I just try to use my negotiation skills with my children! We live in the heart of Rocky Top (East TN) and I am an avid TN Volunteer fan.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Elsa » May 15th, 2011, 8:45 am

Hi! My name is Elsa.
I am from North Central Texas, born and raised here. We live in what used to be the country, but it's getting kinda crowded now. I am married, have 3 children and 4 grandchildren. My husband of nearly 41 years is retired, oh blessed me, and I have a mentally handicapped daughter that is still at home.

Several (many) years ago, I quit my job as a computer programmer and opened my own art studio. I teach hobby ceramics and pottery, oil and watercolor painting to beginners.

Besides doing those things, I also like to read, sew, crochet, cook and take photos.

I am fairly new to the paper crafting world although I have always liked paper. I started with the Cricut because my daughter saw a late night commerical. She still uses it. It is perfect for her, but I now have a 13" Black Cat Cougar which I love. It has inspired me to want to expand my horizons. All in good time.....
Elsa

Cutter: 13" Black Cat Cougar

Postby jobab » May 15th, 2011, 9:00 am

Hi
I am Jo (jobab) I am from Perth West Australia, I fell into this cutting world thanks to mum(Barbara she will be on here somewhere) I have been an avid crafter but mainly embroidery with Hardanger being one of my loves. I really love playing on the computer now designing files (mostly just for fun but some are on my website) and am enjoying learning new computer programmes, hubby is currently teaching me Autocad....
I am married 21 years have a 20yr old son and 16yr old daughter, a beautiful kitty called Bella and work part time as a homecare co-ordinator in the community (mainly aged care), I am also the seller of Black Cats on the West and South coast of Australia (Karen and I are partners in crime :lol: )

Cheers
Jo
jobab

Cutter: Silver Bullet,Silhouette Cameo,cougar

Postby Linda V » May 15th, 2011, 9:42 am

Hi Everyone,
I am from Central Kentucky "The Beautiful Bluegrass State"! Graduate of the University of Kentucky, GOOOOOOOOOO CATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTS!!!! Avid Cardmaker, Love to Quilt, Sew and Embroidery.
Mom, to 2 beautiful girls, grandmother to 3 grand sons 24, 21, 17 and 1 granddaugher who just turned 1.
Have a 13" Black Cat Cougar "Oh Kitty", Silhouette SD, and shhhhhhhhhh a you know what E, that is almost dead!!!
I love software!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am learning Inkscape and find this no easy feat :o(((
My BC is my mostest favorite toy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda V
Blue, White, Blue White
Linda V
From Beautiful KY

"Kind Words and Deeds Never Die"

Gooooo CATS!
Linda V

Postby ljficklin » May 15th, 2011, 11:26 am

Hi, I'm Lori and I live in Northern Nevada -- Sparks, to be specific. (Just east of Reno.) I have been married to my second husband for 17 years and we have three children between us. We have six grandchildren -- 5 boys and 1 girl.

I love papercrafting and learning new techniques and projects. I haven't bought a Cat yet but it's on my list and I'm saving for it. As much as I enjoy the Cricut, I can't give up MTC and not have that creativity. So the Cat is in my future!

I'll be looking through tuts and messages to start to learn about this wonderful machine.

Lori
ljficklin

Postby CaseysAngel » May 15th, 2011, 11:58 am

Hi guys!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to see you all!!!!!!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby Phyllis » May 15th, 2011, 12:17 pm

I am Phyllis from Loveland, Ohio. Married and have one son 43. No grandchildren but 2 spoiled rotten dogs (Cody a Maltese) and (Scooter a Maltese/Shi Tsu mix). Both my DH and myself are retired. I love scrapping and card making and altered items. I have been obsessed with this hobby for over 10 years. I am actively involved in a Cards for Soldiers group on another MB so card making is my main interest; we send thousands of cards each month to our dear soldiers. I will be getting my new 15" Cougar this week. Guess that's about all there is to know about me. LOL.
Phyllis

Postby Texas Sheri » May 15th, 2011, 12:55 pm

Hi, I'm Sheri (duh!) and I live with my wonderful hubby of 15 years in Grapevine, Texas. That's right between Dallas and Fort Worth. I have one son, Dustin, who's 24 and lives in Austin, about 3 hours South of us. We have always been parents to fur babies. We originally had 2 cats, Stripe and Dixie and an blue heeler named Roger. Stripe and Dixie were 3 week old kittens rescued by my hubby from a house he was building. We lost Stripe in 2001 and Dixie in 2007. We had to put Roger down this past October at the ripe old age of 18. We brought home two new silver tabby kittens, Jake and Elwood, just about 6 weeks ago. <3

I've been retired from the telecom industry for 3 years but just a couple of months ago, took a part time job as a school bus driver. I've been a scrapbooker/crafter for most of my life. I grew from Sizzix to a Craft Robo. I loved the idea but found Inkscape and RoboMaster just took way too much work to be practical for me. I finally gave in and bought a bug. I hated the idea of spending money on carts that only gave me limited capability but I had heard about a software called SCAL so I knew I could get outside the box. Right before I bought SCAL I discovered MTC. I found it to be very VERY user friendly with almost no learning curve. I could cut anything I wanted! I was in heaven. Well, almost. I quickly became frustrated with inaccurate cuts. I also couldn't cut really fine lines. So, as MTC evolved, I got my CR back out and found it was much better than my bug. STILL, there was that 7" limit that limited my ability. Then, out of the confusion, I heard the name "Black Cat". I was hooked. My own Lynx should be arriving next week and I can't wait to get started playing.

Way more than you wanted to know.
===================
{pretend this is a cool animated .gif}

Sheri in Texas (as opposed to the ORIGINAL Sherri at That's Scrap]
The Grapevine Scrapper
Texas Sheri

Postby rachellann » May 15th, 2011, 1:25 pm

Welcome everyone and lets play
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann