WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Re: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Postby KarrieM » October 30th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Hello. I am Karrie from SC. I have the 13 inch SB and love it. I have had many machines but this one is truly superb. I look so forward to all it will help me with. The Learning Center/Forum/You guys have been awesome to learn and read. No issues....only fun times.
KarrieM

Cutter: Silver bullet

Postby LisaH » November 4th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Welcome Karrie! So happy you have become fast friends with your new machine.
I live in GA...what part of SC are you from, if I may ask?
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Elizabeth » November 4th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Hi Karrie! Welcome to the forum. I would love to see what you are making with your new SB.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » November 4th, 2013, 4:46 pm

Welcome Karrie!! Know you will have fun with your new machine!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby pw119978 » January 3rd, 2014, 12:50 am

Hello Everyone,
My Name is Trish and I am writing from Alberta, Canada. I got my Silver Bullet for Christmas and so far I've just been learning about the software and going online to see what others have been saying about it and using it for. I have to admit I'm a little overwhelmed, excited but overwhelmed at the same time. I'm used to die-cutting machines that come with plates and cartridges - easy peasy! Anyhow here goes nothin.............. :O)
pw119978

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Postby LisaH » January 3rd, 2014, 1:07 pm

Hello Trish, welcome!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Thyme » January 3rd, 2014, 1:28 pm

Hi Trish!
Thyme

Postby Soraya » January 3rd, 2014, 1:52 pm

Hello! I'm used to die cuts too, but nothing beats the self satisfaction of creating something that specifically hits the nail. From my son's school projects (yes, I'm that Mom) lol to cards and now scrapbooking. I'm even Addi g details to stamps that I'm about to learn the print and cut function lol. My point is that you'll have more opportunities to amaze yourself at the things you'll be able to do . have fun!
Soraya

Cutter: Black Cat 15"

Postby Elizabeth » January 3rd, 2014, 9:40 pm

Hi Trish! Glad you found the forum. We will be happy to help you get comfortable with your new SB. You are wise to read up before jumping right in. Have you checked out the learning center yet? As Soraya says, you will be amazed at the variety of things that you will be able to do now that you are not tied to plates and cartridges.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby MeFlick » January 4th, 2014, 5:30 pm

Welcome Trish. Lucky you to get such a nice cutter! Take your time, use the Learning Center and ask questions as needed. I am sure if you give it time, you will come to love it as most all of us here do! Congratulations!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby aliciaretired » January 9th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Hi, I'm from Orange, Calif. Looking for a local person to give me a demo on the machine, LOL.
aliciaretired

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet

Postby Elizabeth » January 9th, 2014, 4:34 pm

Hi! Welcome to the forum. I'm an East Coast girl, so I'm no help to you. Have you checked out some of the videos that are available online?

Elizabeth

Postby Gigi » January 9th, 2014, 5:45 pm

Hi Alicia -

I am in So. CA - closer to San Diego in between San Diego and Orange County. There are several of us in this area. There are also quite a few users east of Orange County and north.

I assume you have watched videos of the machine at work. If there is a specific material you are concerned about, perhaps you can share a bit more as I think just about every material out there has been cut by someone! And they might be able to shed additional light on things for you. And we are all willing to test cut products if that need arises as well. I know Sherri has been "snowed in" and has been test cutting all sorts of materials that she has not tried in the past. Eager to hear about her results.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby suemcnenly » January 9th, 2014, 5:56 pm

My name is Suzanne (Sue) and I live near Guelph, ON, Canada. I am a silver artist who makes miniature silver sculpture, then frames it. Every picture tells a story...I call them vignettes. This is my website: www.suemcnenly.ca. Anyway, I am also a techie, and have used a Silhouettte Cameo for a while with my metal clay. As soon as I discovered the Silver Bullet (Why did I not know of this????), I ordered it. It's in transit. I've got some great ideas for sculptural boxes that I've mocked up via the Silhouette, but I know the SB is so much more precise. I'll post some pics when I've got one done. I've watched the vids and am proficient with Illustrator, so I JUST CAN'T WAIT till it gets here.!!!!

Personally, I have 5 kids (don't get too excited, I didn't birth them all!). When my husband and I met 14 years ago we each had a boy and a girl the same age, so the boys are now 21 and the girls are 24. We have an 11 year old together who has Aspergers, so life is quite the journey:) I'm looking forward to combing these forums now.
suemcnenly

Postby Gigi » January 9th, 2014, 6:48 pm

Welcome Sue. I peeked at your website and it is awesome. I love your creations. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

I know you will love your Silver Bullet as much as we all do. As we have all said, there is a learning curve, but sure you will work your way through it and we will be there for you!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » January 10th, 2014, 7:25 am

Hi Sue! After checking out your website, I cant wait to see what you do with your new SB! Welcome to the forum.

Elizabeth

Postby suemcnenly » January 10th, 2014, 5:52 pm

Thanks for the welcome:) I CAN'T WAIT to get it. I love when my technology has an active forum. New, like-minded people to meet, and getting quick answers to questions can't be beat:)
suemcnenly

Postby Soraya » January 10th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Welcome, Sue. You're very talented. I look forward to seeing your creations
Soraya

Cutter: Black Cat 15"

Postby pw119978 » January 11th, 2014, 11:29 pm

Hey everyone, thanks for the warm welcome. I've been checking out everyone's blog's/websites and I have to say that there is a lot of talent on this forum :O)
pw119978

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Postby LindaluF » February 5th, 2014, 6:52 pm

Hello everyone, I'm brand new and waiting on my Black Cat 18" cutter, so excited. I am a soapmaker in Powell River, BC, Canada and I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Your friendly neighbourhood soap maker - www.MalaspinaSoapFactory.ca
LindaluF

Cutter: Black Cat 18"

PreviousNext

Return to General