WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Re: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Postby LisaH » October 21st, 2013, 4:18 pm

Welcome to all of the new members!!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Elizabeth » October 22nd, 2013, 11:53 am

Hi Annie, sorry I missed your post. Welcome to the forum. We would be happy to help you with any questions you may have.

Hi Cecielia! Welcome to you as well! The Silver Bullet is a terrific machine, and the customer service from the three dealers is unmatched. In deciding what size to buy, I would consider three things: the amount of space you have, your budget, and your intended use. (Personally, I ignored the intended use factor, and got the 24 inch just in case. I rarely need that much space, but it is nice to know it's there if I need it.)
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Retta » October 22nd, 2013, 1:49 pm

Hi from Northern Indiana. Great to have you here. Service is great from all three distributors. I spent over a year looking and reading and checking. I've NOT regretted my decision once. These machines are awesome. I've been living in my happy bubble for years now.

As to witch machine, Elizabeth said it best. I own a 13" machine and it really works for me as far as room and I do travel with mine. Take time in the learning center and be patient with yourself. You can do this and once you learn it is just that easy.

Welcome to the group!

Retta
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Dodgeramm » October 22nd, 2013, 4:44 pm

Hello,
I am from Alberta Canada. My husband just got me a 15" silver bullet for my birthday-which he was so excited to surprise me I got it about a week early. This is all new to me lol. I have not owned a die cutting machine before. I have been reading the forums and I am thankful that so many of you are SOOOO knowledgeable and quick to help someone like me. I may have a lot of questions and I think I am in the right place.
thank you in advance,
Pam
Dodgeramm

Cutter: Sb15

Postby Cmc » October 23rd, 2013, 6:23 pm

Hi from Colorado. I am married 29 years and have 3 children. I love everything creative. Two of my children got married this year. It has been a busy year. I got a 24" silver bullet about a month ago. I haven't had time to use it much but I have watched and read a lot of tutorials and made a vinyl sign for my son's wedding which turned out nice considering I used a difficult font and it was my first "real" project. Now that our weddings are over I am looking forward to doing all kinds of projects with this machine. I just saw Pam's post and realized I said the same thing so I deleted it and will just say "ditto what Pam said!"
Thanks,
Colleen
Cmc

Cutter: Silver bullet pro 24"

Postby mskhbroc » October 23rd, 2013, 8:44 pm

Hi Everyone, My name is Sue and I live in Macungie, PA. I worked as a Special Ed teacher for many years my charter school closed down in Feb because of funding. I have two children a boy and a girl My son just got married this June to a girl who is also a teacher. My daughter will be married in this April, I have lots of things I want to make. I have a Cricut that I used SCAL 2 with and I really had no problems with it. I have become obsessed with what people are doing with vinyl and rhinestones and I soon realized my Cricut did not do a great job cutting. I researched many months and decided that the SB was the one for me. I just received it this afternoon and am now trying to figure everything out.
Last edited by mskhbroc on October 23rd, 2013, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mskhbroc

Postby LisaH » October 23rd, 2013, 8:48 pm

Welcome to the forum Pam, Colleen & Sue!
LisaH

Postby Gigi » October 23rd, 2013, 10:52 pm

How great to see three new people here at one time! Welcome Pam, Coleen and Sue! I know you will really enjoy the journey of getting to know your Silver Bullet. And we are always eager to see what you are creating.

If you have questions, we are all here for you. Have fun!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Retta » October 24th, 2013, 3:12 am

Hi everyone! I have been there done that like all the others on the group. We were all new and learning too. Soon you will wonder how it could seem hard as you will learn and remember the more you do. Have fun and be patient with yourself as you learn. It really does just get better!! Welcome to the group.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Elizabeth » October 24th, 2013, 6:22 am

Welcome to the forum, Pam, Sue and Colleen! It's great to see you all here. As others have said, we are eager to help you with any questions, and would love to see your work, so make yourselves at home and join right in!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby lynnsnell » October 25th, 2013, 8:49 pm

Hello. I live in utah, originally from Pitts., Pa. Married...4 kids....3 grands and 3 silly dogs. I am a weaver, knitter, crochet, felt and lots of things fibery. I also love sketching and playing guitar to relax. My husband and I own a custom fiber mill almost 19 years now. A real blessing to work from home since our youngest is deaf and a quadriplegic. He is a keeper. Fun reading the boards and your blogs. Our machine arrives tomorrow, so we shall see. Hoping to really incorporate it into our business....called Spinderellas.... looking at some of your work is inspiring, we just might have to venture into another medium. Oh sure....in all our spare time.....can you cut when you are sleeping? Nice getting to know you are all so supportive.
lynnsnell

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet Pro

Postby Gigi » October 25th, 2013, 9:55 pm

LOL Lynn and welcome!!

Trust me -if I could figure out how to cut while sleeping I could accomplish SO much more! The other option is to quit sleeping but that doesnt seem to work too well!!

I am eager to see all you will be sharing with us and think your new machine will be taking you on a fascinating journey. We will be here to cheer you on!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » October 26th, 2013, 7:58 am

Lynn, sounds like we speak the same language! I don't have a mill, just a small drum carder, and all of the other assorted tools usual to a spinner/knitter/wannabe weaver. I would give up sleep to craft if possible, too.

Elizabeth

Postby LisaH » October 26th, 2013, 1:11 pm

Hi Lynn, welcome...sounds like you will fit in rather nicely with this "family"! :)
LisaH

Postby susanb » October 27th, 2013, 4:40 pm

I'm now from Oregon! Moved here last year and after a long whole house remodel we're finally able to unpack our Cougar cutter. We (husband and I) didn't get very far when we first received our cutter at the beginning of 2012, so we're starting at zero, again! This time around we bought the SCAL 3 software and it already looks way more accessible than the SignCut pro (that was a nightmare for this Mac user). We will be using Illustrator to generate SVG files. Would be happy to know of any cutter users in the Portland, OR area!
susanb

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 18"

Postby Elizabeth » October 28th, 2013, 11:16 am

Hi Susan. Congrats on the move! I'm sure you'll be up and cutting in no time. Let us know if we can help with anything.

Elizabeth

Postby PennyDuncan » October 28th, 2013, 12:28 pm

WOW....Loving seeing all our new members here!!!! Welcome everyone and CONGRATS on your purchase of the best cutting machine made!!!! And you've gotten an additional blessing by dealing with the best Customer Service you'll find any where with Sherri...hands down!!!! Looking forward to getting to know you all!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby Suzan » October 28th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Sign Cut has made some awesome advances. I would contact Dawn Thyme Graphics. I believe they may have a Mac Version now.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Thyme » October 28th, 2013, 3:57 pm

Thank you Suzan, Yes there is a fully functional Mac version now. It is version 1.96 on their website and it is the beta version but has been very thoroughly tested with our cutters. If you use Inkscape it is best used with version 0.48.2 and for the export plugin use the one that is downloaded with Signcut
Thyme

Postby Suzan » October 28th, 2013, 9:53 pm

And it works beautifully with Illustrator.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

PreviousNext

Return to General