So What is everyone up to?

Re: So What is everyone up to?

Postby kathybessey » October 16th, 2011, 3:49 pm

I don't find doing that kind of stuff boring, I rather enjoy it. Go ahead you can say it -- geek! LOL
kathybessey

Postby Angel135612 » October 16th, 2011, 4:45 pm

I so need to go through all my files and get them organized... but there is always something else I would rather be doing.. LOL Like either learning something new in Inkscape, or actually doing some crafting... LOL

I'm trying something new today. I have been reading up on doing image transfers so I got one of my pictures, and have put the medium on it, now waiting for it to dry to see how it works, before I do a whole bunch of them. I have a wooden try that I have been wanting to decorate for ages, and just couldn't come up with any ideas.. but now, if this image transfer thing works... I may be taking a lot of my flower pictures to put on the tray... will see how it goes. I know I won't get it done today... but at least I finally got started on it.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » October 16th, 2011, 5:05 pm

Suzan wrote:Well it actually depends on how close you are to the mountains. If you are super close around 4 ish. We are a couple of miles away and it is around 5. But people way further out it is around 6ish. The nice thing is it is still light, but no sun beating down. And this is the lower 90's And there is usually a breeze.

Ok - will take your word for it. If there is a breeze that would be wonderful!!

Thanks Suzan - looking forward to seeing you next week - sometime!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Gigi » October 16th, 2011, 5:07 pm

Angel135612 wrote:I so need to go through all my files and get them organized... but there is always something else I would rather be doing.. LOL Like either learning something new in Inkscape, or actually doing some crafting... LOL

I'm trying something new today. I have been reading up on doing image transfers so I got one of my pictures, and have put the medium on it, now waiting for it to dry to see how it works, before I do a whole bunch of them. I have a wooden try that I have been wanting to decorate for ages, and just couldn't come up with any ideas.. but now, if this image transfer thing works... I may be taking a lot of my flower pictures to put on the tray... will see how it goes. I know I won't get it done today... but at least I finally got started on it.

Sounds interesting Diane - would love to see pics of it when you are done. Good luck.

My files are pretty organized , but I can always do better. It seems like for every ONE thing I scratch off my list, I add four more. No wonder I can't get ahead!! Hope you do a better job than me!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby sherri » October 16th, 2011, 6:57 pm

rachellann wrote:sounds like we are ll keeping busy , I acually feel better today and have started working on the Winter ATC card that Dana is Hosting and if my luck holds out should get to cutting them later today along with trying to get some of Christy's month long card challenge done but only if my mind and body hold up. LOl it sucks getting old.

Oh Rach..wait a few more years....LOL You will REALLY know. I am glad you are feeling better!

Tyler..glad your test is over..I know they must be ugly!

Gigi...ultimately you WILL forget a cord but sure enough I bet someone has one that will match your device...LOL Don't forget to smile and have fun!

Good to see you back Mary!
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Postby Gigi » October 16th, 2011, 7:42 pm

Sherri -

I am more likely to forget a piece of clothing I really need than a cord. I have all of that laid out!! No worries on the having fun - I am SO ready for this and feel almost giddy with excitement!

And Tyler - forgot to congratulate you on the completion of yet another test. Good luck with the upcoming ones. It seems like every few weeks you have another battery of tests.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby PennyDuncan » October 17th, 2011, 12:38 pm

WOW....You're right Tyler...everyone HAS been busy.......Last week I was all wrapped up in getting a car sold and a truck licensed for my 17 year old.....We sold his '83 Chevy Monte Carlo and got him 96 Chevy Sonoma....can you say BETTER GAS MILEAGE!!! LOL.....and his little pickup is a 5 speed so he had to learn how to drive it....which he's doing a GREAT job I might say......He absolutely LOVES this little truck.......

Finally this weekend I was able to create again and made a couple of pieces for some swaps in my ARThaven Group......along with a few new cut files that I've all posted on my blog....I decided that I really needed to take a step back and try to actually enjoy creating again just to create cause I was having severe loss of creative mojo......

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » October 17th, 2011, 3:06 pm

Boy Penny - cannot even imagine you without creative mojo - you seem to have an overabundance of it!!

I love all that you create! Thanks for continuing to share with the rest of us!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kim » October 17th, 2011, 5:01 pm

Sounds like everyone is staying very, very busy. I was wanting to see the new Footloose but haven't made it to the theatre yet. Glad to hear it is worth seeing. I did, however, get some fabric to try and make a dust cover for my Cougar and FoilMaster. So far the cover for the Cougar looks okay. Not great, but right now I am just trying to get the pattern down. It's been a lot of sewing, tearing out, and sewing again.

Penny, I started my DS in a standard, as I feel that everyone should know how to drive a stick shift. Mainly because I had to drive one when I was young and I wore out the clutch not knowing how to drive it. How was I to know what that black smoke was? :ROFLMBO: Glad you got him something that is friendlier on the bank account...gas prices are high and I guess they will stay that way. I live in a "oil state", and our gas is higher than some states that don't produce oil. Go figure! Of course, one of my BF's husband owns some oil rigs and he is tickled pink when gas prices are high. I wish they would discover gas on my land so I could retire and just play.

Kathy, I love that file you are working on. Hope you share it!!! Hint, hint, hint. My problem is I have sooooo many things I want to do, and yet have so little time to do it.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby PennyDuncan » October 18th, 2011, 6:49 am

Thanks SO much Gigi!!! You're a sweetie.....I hate it with the mojo goes on vacation...just shouldn't be allowed!!! ;)

Oh Kim I absolutely agree about every child learning how to drive a stick......I had my oldest son learn how to drive using a stick......as it was the first vehicle we got him......lots of time spent in the cemetary learning to drive it...but now he too is thrilled I made him learn....I was in my 20's before I ever learned and I kind of MADE myself learn how to drive cause I bought a new vehicle one night and HAD TO DRIVE IT TO WORK the NEXT morning!!! ROFL!! My aunt and uncle were AMAZING at teaching me......I killed it on the way to work on a major highway that next morning but it forced me to get going again...LOL I tell that to both my boys and they just get the biggest laugh out of it!!!

Gas prices are a HUGE sore spot with me...I get furious with the oil companies when they keep hiking up the prices....not that they care but it just infuriates me!!! LOL
PennyDuncan

Postby fairwayflunkie » October 18th, 2011, 8:33 am

Holy smokes you guys have been busy....I am on vacation this week...yeah!!! I'm going golfing this morning....a little chilly at 15 degrees Celsius but what the heck I'm on vacation!!!!

Went to Calais, Maine to ship Iggy's kitty yesterday...found some T-shirts that actually fit me for $3.00 bucks each...I've done one little custom quilt and one double size...I will load another queen this afternoon...

Made shrimp dip for tonight....I'm having a great time...I'll make blueberry, orange, cranberry muffins later...

We leave Thursday to cruise in the car in Maine and see the fall leaves...what's left of them that is... :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: and of course to pick up my Gina K order and my order from Univenture ...life is good I tell ya :D
Nancy
fairwayflunkie

Postby PennyDuncan » October 18th, 2011, 10:13 am

Nancy enjoy your VACATION!!! Doesn't it just seem to always zoom by!!! Your muffins sound awesome!!!! and what a deal on the tshirts!!!!
PennyDuncan

Postby kim » October 18th, 2011, 10:24 am

We are having a little RAIN this morning...YEAH! Need more, but who am I to complain. Supposed to be working and will in a little bit.

Gas prices are outrageous. It wouldn't be so bad if the oil companies didn't post such outrageous profits. We have been having a lot of activity here where I live. Natural gas is supposed to be under us and a little to the east has seen a lot of drilling. According to the experts, this gas has been under us but they have not been able to get to it until now with new technology. If you buy land here, it is usually without mineral rights as everyone is trying to hold on to those. DH and I have a little bit of land that hopefully in the next decade or so, they will want to scout out. Our neighborhood was getting together to "sell" our rights, but DH and I didn't sign up. I don't want a rig in my backyard and that could be a possibility if we signed up. I don't care how much money they offer, it's not worth having one of those things in my yard. No telling what hazards that could include.

Well, I trashed my first attempt at a cover for my Cougar. The second one is coming along nicely. Good thing I am using fabric that I don't care so much about. I just need to hem this one and will probably have to make the "real" one a little longer, but this one isn't too bad. I need to add some bling, but all of that is packed. Hot Stuff (FM) is getting a cover also, but I am still working on the pattern and haven't cut it out yet. My sewing machine is working great!!! Yeah me!!! I bought a new sewing machine several years ago because the old one took a day or two just to get it to sew right. I got so tired of fighting with it, I went out and got a really nice machine. Probably overkill, but at least it is dependable.

I need to get back to work on my Christmas cards. I guess I will start to work on that soon, or I won't be able to finish it. I need to start working on Year End and that always takes up a major portion of my time.

Hope everyone else that NEEDS it, is getting some RAIN. For those that have too much, just send it my way.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby iggylover » October 18th, 2011, 2:16 pm

Sounds like everyone has been super-busy!

Congrats on getting through another test Tyler. :)

I hope you heal completely Rach.

Nancy, enjoy your vacation... thank you so much for making sending the Cougar off to me a part of it. :)

I've been reading on the forum, watching the Learning Center, and trying to empty out the office to be able to move my crafting desk from upstairs down into the new crafting area... lots left to do before that will be ready.
iggylover

Previous

Return to General