So What is everyone up to?

Re: So What is everyone up to?

Postby Thyme » October 15th, 2011, 11:26 am

Take care Rachell, I am thinking of you
Thyme

Postby Suzan » October 15th, 2011, 11:52 am

Rachell so sorry this has taken so very long, Please take care of yourself. We miss seeing you here. But I am glad you are on the mend.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » October 15th, 2011, 12:34 pm

OMG - five rounds of antibiotics is a lot!~ And then to have an allergic reaction on top of all of the pain and discomfort -that is just too much for one person.

Hoping that you can finally continue to get better with each day and put all of this behind you. Please take care.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby sherri » October 15th, 2011, 10:29 pm

Gigi...are you almost ready for next weekend? Are you getting so excited? New daughter in law..one you love..it is going to be so great!
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Postby Suzan » October 15th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Just went and saw Footloose with Valerie, It was so awesome. They really did a great job remaking it. Bringing up to the 21st century with all the old music and some new. I recommend you see it.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby kate3 » October 16th, 2011, 12:16 am

Mary Kobe wrote:Kim--If I were closer, I would help you out! I LOVE peeling that stuff off! And wallpaper!

Kate--your husband can come stay with us! I wouldn't mind shopping, as long as it is craft stores! LOL Have you thought about duct tape to keep him in a chair? I think that works for everything!

Uh Huh! Thanks Mary, I couldn't think of what the of the tape was. I need 4 rolls of duct tape. He is happy to shop in any store. I tested him once and sent him to Bra's and Things. He came back with what I ordered. :shock: He even picked a different colour he knew I would like better.
So far I have managed to keep him in the house and have 2 shopping free days. I tried reverse psychology and told him I would love to go as the store I buy my clothes from has their new summer range in. There were 4 outfits I wanted for only $900.00 and that stopped him. I have never paid that much for clothing and I don't need any. :ROFLMBO:
kate3

Postby Gigi » October 16th, 2011, 3:17 am

sherri wrote:Gigi...are you almost ready for next weekend? Are you getting so excited? New daughter in law..one you love..it is going to be so great!

I am trying to get ready, Sherri. Have stuff literally thrown all over the house! It's not just the "what to wear for four days" but all of the extra stuff you have to take with you to make things easier - from personal to wedding and everything in between. I finally asked my son if the houses had Wi-Fi - thought he would be mad at me for asking but he said "I sure hope so cuz I need it too!" Phew - so hope to stay in touch. I have made list after list - and started laughing when every time I put down some electronic thing, I had to add "charger" next to it! I think I have one bag just for all of the electrical stuff!!

I really AM excited - the kids are doing a great job getting everything organized. Still have to write my wedding toast! Yikes!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Gigi » October 16th, 2011, 3:18 am

Suzan wrote:Just went and saw Footloose with Valerie, It was so awesome. They really did a great job remaking it. Bringing up to the 21st century with all the old music and some new. I recommend you see it.

Thanks for the review, Suzan. Was hoping it would be worth seeing. Great!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Mary Kobe » October 16th, 2011, 8:28 am

I went to a local festival with my daughter and two grandsons. For whatever reason, the boys, ages 3 and 4, were not interested in walking around looking at crafts! :o They were pretty happy once we made it to the carnvival rides! But then then did not want to leave!

Also went to the local Dollar General store and stocked up on next summer items: pool toys, water guns, plastic bats and balls....all 90% off! How could I pass up air mattresses for 35 cents, floating rings for 25 cents and water guns for 10 cents??? Oh, I got the boys some hockey sticks, plastic, with a puck for 30 cents, and lots more stuff!!! I got 100.00 worth of stuff for 10 bucks! Too bad they didn't have scrabook stuff at that price!

Going with same daugher and grandsons and dh to the Renaissance Festival today. I really need to work on some craft projects for a work meeting on Tuesday...hope I can get them all done!
Mary Kobe

Postby MeFlick » October 16th, 2011, 9:32 am

Hello folks! Haven't been on much lately. DD plays school VB and they have had a lot of games several nights a week - if she wasn't playing VB - DS's JV and varsity Football games were usually on the agenda (and some nights both VB and FB!). Neither can drive themselves yet (3 weeks until DD turns 16 and can - not sure if I will consider that a good thing or not! LOL - actually - she is a really good driver and has been doing most all of the driving with us in the car with her - but just one more thing to worry about!). The State tournament run started this week for VB. It goes through the end of Oct. FB has 2 more regular season games before their State Playoffs begin. Hopefully they will be playing in the Championship game which is the first week in December. Then, our school festival and carnival is at the end of this week. If I wasn't at a VB or FB game - I've been helping get things ready for that. Large decorations, signs, etc. LOTS of work. Sp - not sure when and how much I will be around for a while yet!

Rach - sorry to hear you've had such a horrible time with that spider bite! Hope and prayer you continue to mend!

GiGi - hope the wedding goes smoothly and you have lots of happy memories and a new lovely DIL.

Kate - I hope you have found the duct tape to secure your husband to the chair! Glad your reverse psychology on the shopping seemed to work!

Glad to see the updates on everyone else - hope to hear from some more who seem to be as MIA as I have and will be!

Tyler - how is school?
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Tyler » October 16th, 2011, 9:50 am

Wow - you guys have all been busy! And I am glad that everything with the wedding plans is going well, Gigi! Thanks for posting the pic. That is really fun! Good luck with everything!

I have been up to a lot of school and a little of the learning center. I started the thread and then didn't really get a chance to read everything! I had a major test on Friday, so that is good to be over, and then I have a bunch of medium tests over the next 2 weeks or so. I hope you are all doing well. And I hope you get to feeling better soon, Rachellann.

Oh - and Mary, what a steal you found - congrats!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Suzan » October 16th, 2011, 9:57 am

CAGigi wrote:
sherri wrote:Gigi...are you almost ready for next weekend? Are you getting so excited? New daughter in law..one you love..it is going to be so great!

I am trying to get ready, Sherri. Have stuff literally thrown all over the house! It's not just the "what to wear for four days" but all of the extra stuff you have to take with you to make things easier - from personal to wedding and everything in between. I finally asked my son if the houses had Wi-Fi - thought he would be mad at me for asking but he said "I sure hope so cuz I need it too!" Phew - so hope to stay in touch. I have made list after list - and started laughing when every time I put down some electronic thing, I had to add "charger" next to it! I think I have one bag just for all of the electrical stuff!!

I really AM excited - the kids are doing a great job getting everything organized. Still have to write my wedding toast! Yikes!

Know what you mean Gigi, I am the same way. So many electronic things to take. Phone, laptop, camera etc.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby rachellann » October 16th, 2011, 10:39 am

sounds like we are ll keeping busy , I acually feel better today and have started working on the Winter ATC card that Dana is Hosting and if my luck holds out should get to cutting them later today along with trying to get some of Christy's month long card challenge done but only if my mind and body hold up. LOl it sucks getting old.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » October 16th, 2011, 10:52 am

Yes Suzan - all that you mentioned and more (the kindle is all you missed on my list). Have to get the guest room clean for the girls, and try to get things in some order.

I keep watching the weather predictions in the desert. I don't want to whine, but low 90s - really?? Ugh - I want it nice,but would be SO much happier with low 80s - the 90s just wipe me out!! Glad the wedding is early evening -it should cool off by then! Think I will be in the house with the a/c a lot!! LOL

Rachelann - you aren't getting older - age is just a state of mind, at least that is what I try to convince myself! Some days I feel a LOT older than I am, but most of the time I feel younger so I just try to minimize the time I look in the mirror - it is not my friend! LOL

Glad you are feeling better.

Everyone have a great Sunday and a wonderful week ahead. Thank you for all of the kind comments on the wedding - am so excited and adore my future DIL! I feel truly blessed.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby ursulasmith » October 16th, 2011, 10:59 am

Hi all! I have been practicing print and cuts, and also cut some stencils. Thanks to all of you help on the forums.
This is too much fun!! I will post some pics the next time I get a chance to play with the stencils. I have been busy working on the next product for our business, so that has taken away my play time ;)

Ursula
Ursula Smith
http://www.EasyScraps.com
You make it Personal. We make it Easy!
ursulasmith

Postby Suzan » October 16th, 2011, 11:17 am

The nice thing is Gigi, even if it is the 90's once the sun goes over the mountain it gets really really nice. And remember super dry heat. Not humid. Valerie said I could take her kindle. I might, I don't know, I still just like reading a plain old book.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Gigi » October 16th, 2011, 1:26 pm

Suzan - you made me chuckle. That's what we used to say living in AZ - it's a dry heat and that's more bearable - which is true. But an oven is still an oven! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: But I figure if I could stand 12 summers in 110+ degree heat, I can easily do the 90 degrees - and we will be in air conditioning most of the time anyway!

So what time of day does the sun sneak behind the mountains so I know what to look forward to?!? :)

Seriously I am just excited to have the wedding upon us and share in their joy!

Ursula - sounds like you have been busy learning and creating some great things. Anxious to see what you have been up to when you have the time! Glad you are having fun!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Suzan » October 16th, 2011, 2:24 pm

Well it actually depends on how close you are to the mountains. If you are super close around 4 ish. We are a couple of miles away and it is around 5. But people way further out it is around 6ish. The nice thing is it is still light, but no sun beating down. And this is the lower 90's And there is usually a breeze.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby kathybessey » October 16th, 2011, 2:34 pm

I am working on trying to make some new files in MTC - I have never been much of a designer and I surely cannot draw to save my life but I saw something in Michael's the other day that I thought was cute and wanted to try it as a cut file (it was a wooden Halloween decoration). Here's a pic of the first file I am working on

bat wreath.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kathybessey

Postby Suzan » October 16th, 2011, 2:53 pm

Very cute Kathy

Me I was looking for something for Kathy last night. And saw what a disaster my computer files were. So I have been alllllllllll day sorting files. And I have evreything in the proper category but now I find I have a ton of the same stuff with different names. Wanna talk boring. BORING
Suzan

Suzan

PreviousNext

Return to General