Product at All that Jazz Supplies

Product at All that Jazz Supplies

Postby Gigi » October 9th, 2011, 10:36 pm

I couldn't find a good place to post this so please forgive the new topic!

I have been remiss in trying a lot of Tyler's innovative products. One that I so wanted to work were the rub-ons. So finally today, after urging from a friend who wanted to know how they worked, I dug them out of my stack of "things to try" (!) and added a greeting on a card. I have tried every brand (I think) of rub-ons out there and not one worked well. Even tried the so-called do it yourself rub-on "recipes" over the internet with NO success. I had given up until Tyler's product and decided to finally put it to use.

I will remind everyone who has it to remember to print in REVERSE. I learned the hard way - seems to be the best way I learn!! Geesh..... but boy does it work! It is easy, the printing is VERY crisp, the rub-on material is easy to use (with a little patience) and the results are flawless. I attached a photo of the message I added to the wedding card with the rub ons. I hand cut it because it was so tiny but I love how it looks - and it makes it possible to add that last touch when it's too late to run something through the printer or stamp it. I LOVE LOVE this product.

So - if you are looking for a fun, innovative product that really works and opens up all sorts of possibilities - you have to try this. As Tyler mentions in the video - if you did a print and cut it would look even more professional. I encourage everyone who loves things like this to give it a try!

Thanks Tyler, again, for making sure we have quality products to help with our creating!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: Product at All that Jazz Supplies

Postby kate3 » October 9th, 2011, 10:47 pm

I thought you meant rub ons you buy that are already a picture or a word. I have never seen this before but I like it a lot. How does it work? Or point me to Tyler's video. Thanks Gigi.
kate3

Postby Angel135612 » October 9th, 2011, 11:12 pm

Thanks for the info Gigi... I have been wanting to try his rub ons, and just ordered some today to play with.. now I can't wait to get them.

Kate, you can find the video about the rub ons, on Tylers store site... there is a link at the top of the forum for All That Jazz Supplies... that is where you can find them. (I don't know if he ships overseas though... may have to work something out with that if you want to try them).
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » October 9th, 2011, 11:17 pm

I should have been clearer - it's custom rub-on film with two separate sheets. Here is the product and the video.
http://allthatjazzsupplies.com/index.ph ... uct_id=103

Basically there are two sheets - one that you print on (you print on the matte side and backwards if it matters) and then the rub on film which you use sparingly so you can utilize every bit of it. The video is very explanatory, but if you have any questions, just holler. Now that I have done it, it's very easy and boy is it fun to add special little touches that might otherwise be impossible. Every other product I have tried has either not transferred or left an unsightly mess or a combination of both.

This is perfection - both in use and result. I think it's my new favorite product - well at least one of my favorites!! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » October 10th, 2011, 8:09 am

Thanks for pointing out what looks like a really fun product, Gigi! I just placed an order this weekend, but I will add this to my wishlist. Your card is beautiful!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby kate3 » October 10th, 2011, 9:53 am

CAGigi wrote:I should have been clearer - it's custom rub-on film with two separate sheets. Here is the product and the video.
http://allthatjazzsupplies.com/index.ph ... uct_id=103

Basically there are two sheets - one that you print on (you print on the matte side and backwards if it matters) and then the rub on film which you use sparingly so you can utilize every bit of it. The video is very explanatory, but if you have any questions, just holler. Now that I have done it, it's very easy and boy is it fun to add special little touches that might otherwise be impossible. Every other product I have tried has either not transferred or left an unsightly mess or a combination of both.

This is perfection - both in use and result. I think it's my new favorite product - well at least one of my favorites!! :)

Thank you Gigi. That is so cool! I have never seen that stuff before and I want some. I forgot to mention earlier that I loved your card I think, sorry.
Angel, Thank you but I tried to find it on Tyler's site and I couldn't until Gigi put up the link.
kate3

Postby Retta » October 10th, 2011, 12:51 pm

looks wonderful. Thanks for the share.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Gigi » October 10th, 2011, 1:06 pm

Thanks for the kind comments and you are all so welcome. It is just an awesome product - finally one that works - easily too.

The hardest part is getting the backing off ,but I just used a pricking tool to separate the layers -and that worked great.

Cannot wait to use more of it!! Tyler needs to order a case of it!! LOL

Gigi
Gigi

Postby sherri » October 10th, 2011, 8:17 pm

WOW....Gigi..that is great! Gorgeous card as usual!
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Postby Gigi » October 10th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Thanks Sherri - there is no way I could have added that inner greeting any other way - was great to use the rub-ons and they were awesome!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Tyler » October 11th, 2011, 8:06 am

Great, Gigi! I am glad you are liking them! I only have about 10 in stock and it will be a little bit before I get another shipment, but they are definitely a popular item! Thanks for sharing!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Angel135612 » October 11th, 2011, 8:12 pm

WOW only 10 left, I'm glad I placed my order when I did and have 5 heading my way.....I can't wait to play with them.

And Thanks for the coupon Tyler... I was surprised that I was still able to use it, figured 5 people would have beaten me to it, before I had the chance to sit down and place an order.
Angel135612

Postby Gigi » October 11th, 2011, 11:32 pm

You will love them, Diane, once you get the hang of them - I love them!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » October 14th, 2011, 10:38 pm

I just got my order from All That Jazz today... and I can't wait to play with the rub ons... now I need to find a project that I can use them on... LOL
I also got some of the velvet paper... that is so nice... it should be fun to figure out what to use that on also.
And I got some of the metal for engraving... again, not sure what I'm going to use it for.. but wanted to have some to play with.

The service from Tyler is great... He mailed it on Tuesday and I got it on Friday.... it would have been here sooner if the darn Post Office didn't take Columbus Day off.. LOL (Okay I enjoyed having the day off, but hated the mail volume on Tuesday).
Angel135612

Postby Gigi » October 15th, 2011, 12:30 am

Excited for you to try the rubons Diane- they really ARE fun and allow you to add things where you might not be able to otherwise! Cannot wait to see what you do with them!!

The velvet paper cuts like a dream. You will love it.

I have not tried the metal either but it keeps calling to me! One of these days I will try it too!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kim » October 17th, 2011, 9:46 pm

Great card Gigi and thanks for sharing the info on the rub-ons. I never cared for the rub-ons because I always ended up with a mess of partial rubs, etc. So glad to hear that Tylers works so well. I guess I will have to give it a try. My list is getting longer and longer.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Gigi » October 17th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Thanks Kim - I think you will be VERY happy with them - they are just about fool proof (as long as you remember to print backwards!!) You will love them!

Gigi
Gigi

Return to General