what to do when unzipped

what to do when unzipped

Postby granlin » October 2nd, 2011, 6:12 pm

file takes me to netscape? How to I print from there. No, I have not done the tutorial yet but I am in the middle of getting ready for craft day and need to get some of these things cut.

Thanks,
Linda
granlin

Cutter: BlackCat 13" Cougar

Re: what to do when unzipped

Postby Angel135612 » October 2nd, 2011, 7:39 pm

What type of file are you trying to open, and how are you opening it. For what ever reason, the file you have unzipped, is linked to Netscape, which is a browser. What program do you want to open it in, and can you open it from with in that program?
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby granlin » October 2nd, 2011, 9:46 pm

I ment Inkscape (guess I had another blonde senior moment)and one of the files was some beautiful border by Monika.
granlin

Postby granlin » October 2nd, 2011, 10:04 pm

I always wondered where Monica's downloads went! I really want to cut these beautiful svg's.

Thanks again'
Linda
granlin

Postby Gigi » October 2nd, 2011, 10:34 pm

granlin wrote:I ment Inkscape (guess I had another blonde senior moment)and one of the files was some beautiful border by Monika.

Ok - I am still lost. What do you want to print? They are svgs so they will open in Inkscape unless you have it associated otherwise. And you CAN print from Inkscape. but her files are tricky - I had problems with one and Dawn had to convert it for me. I don't remember what the problem was now, but it didn't cut out everything as it should.

Maybe Dawn can jump in and remind me what needs to be done with some of her files - it has to do with the program she created them in I believe and they don't always convert perfectly.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Thyme » October 3rd, 2011, 3:24 am

I can't remember what i did, I would need to see the file again - sorry, I think I am senile
Thyme

Postby granlin » October 3rd, 2011, 5:33 am

I am not into printing but I want to cut these files but since they became unzipped to inkscape I can not cut them. Somehow I need to get them so that I can use MTC to cut. I have Signcut but do not know how to send them to there either. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I hope I can at least cut some of the files. Here work is beautiful but maybe I am not savy enough right now to use them. If that is the case I will set them aside for another time.
granlin

Postby Elizabeth » October 3rd, 2011, 6:12 am

Hi Linda,
In MTC, click on the import SVG button, and then browse to the folder that you have your svg files in. It will give you a preview of the files in that folder. Just click on the one that you want, and it will show up on your virtual mat, ready to be edited and cut.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby bossie1 » October 3rd, 2011, 1:05 pm

I have the same problem. When I save in inkscape I CANNOT get it to save as an svg in any folder or program on my computer. I can save to my desk top, but when I click to open it, my internet explorer opens, and the file opens in inkscape. How do we get an svg from inkscape to a folder or a library or even a CD? Valerie
bossie1

Postby Gigi » October 3rd, 2011, 1:45 pm

That is strange - I save all of my svgs from Inkscape to a variety of folders. I just click on "save as". Check to be sure you don't have your "save as" associated with a certain location. When I click on that it brings up my desktop and then I just choose my SVG folder in My Documents -and usually a sub folder from there......

Does that make sense?
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby LisaH » October 3rd, 2011, 4:20 pm

Monica uses a CAD program...I think...no, I'm pretty sure. yep, just checked and it's AutoCAD.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Return to General