Copics Anyone????

Re: Copics Anyone????

Postby Suzan » September 21st, 2011, 6:56 pm

I didn't see that, Are they refillable and do they last a long time. I know 1 pen will only be about 7.00 but that is still a lot of money. Unless I wait for a 40% coupon.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Profleonie » September 21st, 2011, 7:38 pm

Carpe Diem and Oozak have them for much less, about 4.00 (although the price just went up a bit) Oozak has free shipping for larger orders. I have not had to refill but have not had them so long. I am thinking the lighter colors would be the first to run out since I use them more.
Profleonie

Postby Suzan » September 21st, 2011, 7:47 pm

Thanks Profleonie, I am looking to buy the blending tool, And try it with my other pens.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby scrappinwithz » September 21st, 2011, 8:46 pm

Yes you can buy refill for the blending pen. I have a bottle of it that I use on a lot of different things. If you have a pic that has someone wearing bluejeans you can color in the jeans do all the shading like you normally would, then take an actual piece of denim, wet it down with the colorless blender and press it onto the jeans that you just colored. It will leave it with the look of actual denim. You can do that with any kind of material.
Z
Cutting with a 24" Black Cat Cougar "Betty"
Check out my blog http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
scrappinwithz

Postby JeannetteC » September 21st, 2011, 8:59 pm

Hey Z, I need you to come visit and show me the tricks!
JeannetteC

Postby Suzan » September 21st, 2011, 9:16 pm

thanks Z can 't wait to try it
Suzan

Suzan

Postby gardencat » September 21st, 2011, 10:15 pm

Thyme wrote:yep, saw the blocks but thought I would start with the pencils and go on from there. Got a set of 72
I already have a fantastic set of watercolour pencils, and a full set of prismacolour, so thought these would be a nice addition

Once you've used them, would you let us know how you like them? I have a nice set of watercolor pencils and I looked at the inktense ones several months ago, hoping they would give me more intense colors but, from just trying them in the store, they didn't seem to me to give a very intense a color so I didn't pick them up.

I swore, I wouldn't get sucked into the expensive copics vortex but then, a couple of weeks ago, I saw some gorgeous Halloween cards made using copics and fell in love with the really strong, deep colors and I caved and picked up enough (I hope ) to get started...although I haven't had a chance to do much yet, I've loved what I have been able to do.

I still like the watercolours for soft pastel type images but don't think I'd ever be able to get those rich colours I crave with them.
gardencat

Postby Gigi » September 22nd, 2011, 12:48 am

scrappinwithz wrote:Yes you can buy refill for the blending pen. I have a bottle of it that I use on a lot of different things. If you have a pic that has someone wearing bluejeans you can color in the jeans do all the shading like you normally would, then take an actual piece of denim, wet it down with the colorless blender and press it onto the jeans that you just colored. It will leave it with the look of actual denim. You can do that with any kind of material.
Z

What a cool idea Z - thanks for sharing. I never would have thought to do that!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Thyme » September 22nd, 2011, 4:00 am

gardencat wrote: Once you've used them, would you let us know how you like them? I have a nice set of watercolor pencils and I looked at the inktense ones several months ago, hoping they would give me more intense colors but, from just trying them in the store, they didn't seem to me to give a very intense a color so I didn't pick them up.

I swore, I wouldn't get sucked into the expensive copics vortex but then, a couple of weeks ago, I saw some gorgeous Halloween cards made using copics and fell in love with the really strong, deep colors and I caved and picked up enough (I hope ) to get started...although I haven't had a chance to do much yet, I've loved what I have been able to do.

I still like the watercolours for soft pastel type images but don't think I'd ever be able to get those rich colours I crave with them.

Yes of course I will. I don't anticipate any problems getting the intensity as I can do that now with my normal watercolour crayons and my watercolour paints, but figured it woukd be easier with these
Thyme

Postby gardencat » September 23rd, 2011, 9:41 pm

Probably just my inept technique, letting me down with the watercolors and maybe I could have spent more time learning to use my watercolors well and avoided getting into the whole copic thing, but now that I have them, I am having fun with them.

One thing that I have learned, the hard way, is that using friskit on the shiny type cardstock recommended for use with copics is not a good idea. I coloured my image then used the friskit while I rubbed distress inks around the edge and when I went to peek it off, it also took off the surface of the cardstock and half my image. :banghead:
gardencat

Postby Thyme » September 24th, 2011, 3:07 am

Here is my take on the Inktense pencils.
I don't like them. Yes they do give a much better intensity than normal watercolour pencils, however they do not blend well unless they are very wet. It is also difficult to add a second layer of crayon over the first - it doesn't want to take. I prefer to do much of my blending while the crayon is dry so that only a minimal amount of water needs to be added.
I will stick with my Caran d'ache and my prismacolour crayons, and if I want additional intensity I will either use my watercolour paints or my inks
Thyme

Postby kathybessey » September 24th, 2011, 4:29 pm

Enjoyed reading all the info on here. Dawn thanks for your input on the Inktense pencils, I was eying those a few weeks ago at Micheal's.
kathybessey

Postby Angel135612 » September 24th, 2011, 7:59 pm

I too was looking at the Inktense pencils, not like I need any more colored pencils, until I start using what I already have. But if they aren't any better than other colored pencils, then I will definitely save my money and just use what I have until they are gone. Since I don't color that much, it may take me awhile... :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Previous

Return to General