Remember that Vellum I was cutting the other day!?

Remember that Vellum I was cutting the other day!?

Postby scrappinwithz » September 14th, 2011, 6:48 am

:banghead: Well I was cutting a very fine butterfly for a card in an upcoming blog hop that I'm participating in. I can share with you all next week. Well luckily I already had my pics taken for the hop and my cards were laying on my desk, when I noticed something funny about them. The butterfly was GONE!!!! My son's stupid cat ate the butterfly and chewed the corner of day 2's card!!!!!! :o :whip: If I had not of already got my pics of those 2 cards I would probably be in a lot of trouble around here because I would have probably choked a cat!!! Reading Dana's post about her dog made me remember this all over again... :ROFLMBO: Our animals are like part of our family but doesn't mean we wouldn't like to ring their necks sometimes!!
Z
Cutting with a 24" Black Cat Cougar "Betty"
Check out my blog http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
scrappinwithz

Re: Remember that Vellum I was cutting the other day!?

Postby LisaH » September 14th, 2011, 6:51 am

Oh Z, that's just too funny! Thanks for the laugh...
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Sassycutter » September 14th, 2011, 12:07 pm

What is it with cats and paper? Over the years, every cat we ever had just had to get right in the middle of any paper we might have laying around or we were working with.... :whip:
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby PennyDuncan » September 14th, 2011, 12:23 pm

Oh Z that is too funny!!!! I know exactly what you mean.......my cat seems to think she owns my entire ARTHaven...drives me nuts....anytime I clear open a space she immediately thinks that's HER new bathing area!!!!! LOL
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » September 14th, 2011, 1:11 pm

OMG Z!!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

I have a dog who does that - she eats cardboard, paper - any scraps I leave around. I have learned to leave my cards way up high. I had a bag of feathers sitting unopened on the breakfast nook table one day and she opened them and scattered them all over the floor - and they were wet and yucky when I picked them up!!

Yep - they are part of our family and we love them - but have threatened to lock her outside a time or two!! I never do but I sure think about it!!

Glad you had pics of the cards - not sure I would have been that organized - phew!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Suzan » September 14th, 2011, 1:57 pm

We have a dog a very unchihuahua, he thinks he is a cat and a big dog at the same time. That steals everything he can. He is so proud when he does. If the bathroom door is open watch out TP all over the house. Then there are the kitties, they love the mats and the cougar (at least they have great taste in machines) Mudgies didn't like the Cricut and knocked it off a shelf. God bless her. Then there is Lilah, that steals rubber bands and hides them in the dry food. I swear this cat can smell a rubber band in a drawer and will get it out. She also loves to play with plastic any kind of plastic, that goes for puddles also. Now my dog Daisy, she is the best, she just lays next to my desk so I can't move at all and let's me do my thing.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby JeannetteC » September 14th, 2011, 4:17 pm

LOL. Got to love them. Thank goodness you had the photos already!
Gigi, feathers? They wouldn't last here either! Penny, empty spaces are fair game! Especially if they are in a sunny spot!
Thankfully, neither of mine go for the paper/cardstock, but they have been known to steal my bird embellishments and chew them. Chong's favourite thing is brushes though. If I leave a makeup brush out, he knows it! I opened some perfect pearls last night and left the brush on my work table. Within the hour, ds says, mom, what brush does Chong have? Really????? Does he smell it up there? Does he go behind me and check what I have left that he can play with? Sheesh!
JeannetteC

Postby Gigi » September 14th, 2011, 4:56 pm

Yes Jeannette - feathers!!! And I forgot about the brushes - hairbrush, makeup brush , toothbrush (her favorite!!) - what isn't tied down she will eat.

But we love them - and we put up with their mischievous side. And they both (Roxy especially) make me laugh every single day -so that's a good thing!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kate3 » September 15th, 2011, 5:08 am

Z, :ROFLMBO: Dana made me laugh until I couldn't breathe and now you. I thought you were going to say the butterfly had flown away. :ROFLMBO: I love naughty cats but I would never have thought to take the pictures right away. Well done! You don't have to send them in if you win do you? :ROFLMBO:
kate3

Postby Dana » September 15th, 2011, 8:52 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a naughty pet! LOL Chasing butterflies!!!! LOL
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby JeannetteC » September 15th, 2011, 8:57 pm

CAGigi wrote:Yes Jeannette - feathers!!! And I forgot about the brushes - hairbrush, makeup brush , toothbrush (her favorite!!) - what isn't tied down she will eat.

But we love them - and we put up with their mischievous side. And they both (Roxy especially) make me laugh every single day -so that's a good thing!

Oh no toothbrush! I hope they don't go for mine. I have it in a cup easily accessible.
JeannetteC

Postby Retta » September 15th, 2011, 10:18 pm

See, everything is scrapping related.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Gigi » September 15th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Yes Jeannette - you better guard that toothbrush!! (or maybe it's just my dog trying to tell me to brush her teeth!!) :roll:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kate3 » September 16th, 2011, 10:35 am

Retta wrote:See, everything is scrapping related.

Uh huh, that is what I told Tyler. Pets are crafting too. :ROFLMBO:
kate3

Postby scrappinwithz » September 17th, 2011, 8:20 pm

Nope I didn't have to send the cards in this time. Now the one I"m making for the next blog hop I do have to send in...lol. I'll be sure to put it up immedieatly and now the stupid cat got the flowers off of my journal book I made this week. At least she didn't eat those and I thought I had the book put up where she couldn't get it!! GRRRRR
Z
Cutting with a 24" Black Cat Cougar "Betty"
Check out my blog http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
scrappinwithz

Postby MichelleMyBelle » September 18th, 2011, 8:24 am

Speaking of toothbrushes, I have a cat that loves the smell of mint. When I start brushing my teeth he comes running, LOL. He jumps on the vanity and will watch me brush my teeth. I have to hurry and rinse the sink. And if I'm not careful he will go and get my brush. The same about spearmint mints, he comes running when I have one in my mouth.

Z, it's funny and not at the same time. All the work you put into it. My poor son would get blamed sometimes before I realized it was one of my cats taking things! :) Darn pets!

Just the other day we were in Target and my son wanted these foam swords in the Dollar Spot section. We had to buy 2 one for daddy to fight with him :) So I put them on the top of fridge when I came home because I did not want the cats to chew it. Well, the darn cat did not even see me and about 1-2 minutes later phone rang and it was my DIL. I sat at the kitchen table with my back toward the fridge, I all the sudden hear all this commotion behind me and it was my cat on the fridge with the sword in his mouth. He jumped down from the fridge and carried it to the floor, then started chewing it. He did not even see me put them up there!!
MichelleMyBelle

Cutter: Pro 18, Foil Master, Platinum 24"

Postby kate3 » September 18th, 2011, 10:46 am

scrappinwithz wrote:Nope I didn't have to send the cards in this time. Now the one I"m making for the next blog hop I do have to send in...lol. I'll be sure to put it up immedieatly and now the stupid cat got the flowers off of my journal book I made this week. At least she didn't eat those and I thought I had the book put up where she couldn't get it!! GRRRRR
Z

Quick, get a crafting safe. I do love how sneaky a cat can be. Mine can be a horror and still look innocent. I had my nephew, his wife and 3 sons arrive today for 8 days. I have a nutty parrot that says the most outrageous things. Things we don't say. They all trooped in and nutty parrot said, "Wow, look at the boys." How does it know what boys are? I don't have any. :shock: I haven't seen the boys for 4 years. The parrot has never seen the boys. I think there is an alien in the parrot. :hide:
Last edited by kate3 on September 19th, 2011, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
kate3

Postby Gigi » September 18th, 2011, 11:06 am

LOL Kate - too funny!! :ROFLMBO:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kate3 » September 19th, 2011, 10:52 am

CAGigi wrote:LOL Kate - too funny!! :ROFLMBO:

I am changing its name to spooky parrot. I walked past it today and it yelled, lets dance. Its head started bopping up and down then its body. It even did a full head roll. I don't dance with the parrot but it cracked the boys up. I am starting to think it has been watching the TV nearby. I guess it will want a computer soon. The cage door is never shut and I did find it sitting watching the TV in a different room. It was perched right in front of the TV and it didn't take its eyes off it. Spooky parrot is a TV addict. :hide:
kate3

Postby CeCeCreates » September 19th, 2011, 4:27 pm

Hmmm, now I know why I don't have any pets. We had pets all the time when I was growing up, but dh and I have never had any. All 3 kids have asthma, so we were told to never get pets. When you are a kid and have pets, you don't notice all the naughty things they do.

We were visiting my sister several years ago, and she has a black lab. My dh got the last piece of cheesecake and then set it down on the coffee table to get a drink or something. He came back and of course the cheesecake was gone. He learned to always guard his food at her house from then on. :ROFLMBO:

My niece has a Great Pyrenees, and it is still a puppy. She baked cupcakes and had to put them on top of her fridge to cool as it was the only safe place high enough out of the way of the dog!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Next

Return to General