Cutting Vinyl without mat

Cutting Vinyl without mat

Postby Dana » September 9th, 2011, 10:34 am

Question?

I'm cutting vinyl Greenstar Vinyl without a mat. I am using the new click holder on the setting of one and the 45 degree blade. Speed 100 and the F at 6. My blade is barely showing. It is cutting through my vinyl backing still but only on the left side (or the bottom) of the design. the right side or top of MTC mat is fine.

Any solutions?
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Re: Cutting Vinyl without mat

Postby LisaH » September 9th, 2011, 10:46 am

No, but will be watching this cause mine seems to do this same kind of thing, even with paper on a new mat.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Dana » September 9th, 2011, 10:57 am

It seems to be only in the middle of the machine. I even lowered my F to 2 and it still did it. I put it on the mat and it cut perfectly, so for now I will use the mat until I know what I am doing wrong! LOL

It's not like a have a shortages of mats..... he he... went shopping yesterday and found the Cricut cake mats 12x24 two in a pack on clearance for $5. I bought the remaining 4 that they had left. LOL
Dana

Postby JeannetteC » September 9th, 2011, 11:06 am

Good buy Dana!
JeannetteC

Postby Thyme » September 9th, 2011, 11:11 am

Try extending the blade more and dropping the force
Thyme

Postby Dana » September 9th, 2011, 11:15 am

Thyme wrote:Try extending the blade more and dropping the force

I have turned my force down to 2 and it is still doing cutting all the way through on the one side of the design. If I extend the blade more won't it cause it to cut through the backing more? Sorry if it appears I'm questioning you, I'm just not understanding. Sorry.
Dana

Postby Dana » September 9th, 2011, 11:18 am

JeannetteC wrote:Good buy Dana!

Thanks! I was thrilled as I really needed to get a 12x24 mat as the one Beanie sent me, I kinda cut through it! LOL The force is nothing to be reckoned with on this machine I tell ya!
Dana

Postby kim » September 9th, 2011, 11:21 am

I cut vinyl the other day without a mat and I had my click blade at 1 and the force at 70 (usually around 56, but due to the weather, 70 was working that day).
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Thyme » September 9th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Dana wrote:
Thyme wrote:Try extending the blade more and dropping the force

I have turned my force down to 2 and it is still doing cutting all the way through on the one side of the design. If I extend the blade more won't it cause it to cut through the backing more? Sorry if it appears I'm questioning you, I'm just not understanding. Sorry.

Don't worry I understand you being confused cos really it seems like I should tell you to raise the blade. But if the blade is too high so that it has to travel a long way down it can cause problems with fluctuating pressure.
Thyme

Return to General