WHERE TO PUT PAPER ON MAT USING MTC

Re: WHERE TO PUT PAPER ON MAT USING MTC

Postby kim » September 8th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Tyler is the resident knight in shing armor. he has come to many a rescue. So glad you are starting to get things clicking. We've all been there, done that! :ROFLMBO: That is why I am so thankful for so many helpful friends on the forum. What works for one person, doesn't necessarily mean the next person will "get it". It may take many different explanations until one just "clicks".

I work with what I am comfortable with and then go to the next level. Sometimes I skip a few levels. But is just a fun journey with my kitty. I know you will really enjoy your new kitty and in no time will have it purring.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Marjorie » September 10th, 2011, 10:05 pm

This is exactly why I think I will sell my Lynx when I get back home as I am visiting right now. I have had mine a few months and never cut anything with it as I just do not understand what to do. I guess I just need a much simpler machine. Guess I will try Craig's list and see if I have any takers!
Marjorie

Postby Gigi » September 10th, 2011, 10:12 pm

Marjorie -
Before you sell it, try Inkscape and SignCut. For me it's so much easier, but then it's what I am used to. There is a learning curve with either Inkscape or MTC, but there are so many tutorials to guide you through it that you will be cutting in no time - really!

Start simple and work your way up - once you understand it you will be doing all sorts of things in no time.

When you get back, hope you will give us a chance to walk you through it and see if you can have some success. You can do so much more than you can with the PC/cartridge model - and will save a LOT of money too!

Rob just put some new tutorials up and there are some from Tyler too and others - give it a try and take baby steps. You will love it!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Marjorie » September 10th, 2011, 10:21 pm

CAGigi, I have tried Inkscape and I just cannot figure it out. I do thank you for the encouraging words. I think as I've gotten older I just cannot seem to comprehend some of these things. I know that I would have some wonderful help from many of you on the forum if I decided to keep it. I am not sure if I would be able to recover the cost though. It is out of the box but never cut anything. Thanks again.
Marjorie

Postby Gigi » September 10th, 2011, 11:21 pm

Marjorie -

I am not in the younger category either (!) - and believe me, if I can get it you can too. I hope you will give it a try and start with some simple things, whether it's MTC or Inkscape (and Dawn is coming out with software in December, hopefully) - I would just hate for you to be disappointed as I don't think another "easier" machine will do near as much, but then I guess it's a case of what you want it to do. Maybe if you would share that with us, it might help some on here that are MUCH more knowledgeable than me help you figure out what is best. I just want you to be happy and successful whatever you are using.

Hope to hear more from you so everyone here can jump in and help. Hang in there!

Gigi

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Marjorie » September 11th, 2011, 3:00 pm

Gigi. Thanks again for your kind words and maybe I will think about waiting until the new software comes out and it will be easier for me. Right now all I use is MTC or SCAL, and of course do not update either of them. I basically just do cards for myself as I make all my cards that I send, and also some sets that I make for friends as gifts. I also do some vinyl, but that is mostly for myself and relatives, and a few things for gifts from that. This is one of the reasons that I feel maybe I need something that is easier for me to understand. Will keep thinking about the new software though!
Marjorie

Postby Gigi » September 11th, 2011, 10:41 pm

I primarily make cards too, Marjorie, and I can do so much with this machine than with any other out there -and believe me I have tried quite a few of them!

I hope you will reconsider. I don't use MTC, but I know those who do love it and feel it is much easier than Inkscape. There are a lot of great tutorials out there. I think if you start small and work up you will be amazed at how it all begins to make sense. Hope you hang in there because I believe you will be very happy if you get over this hurdle.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Tyler » September 12th, 2011, 11:14 am

Have you watched the videos on the lynx or the cougar? It talks about how to set up the machine and even goes into how to cut from MTC and where to place the mat.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29

That is done using the Cougar plugin for MTC.

If you have questions, you can also post it in the webinar thread so you can have your question answered visually.

Besides all of that, there is this forum which has, as you can see, many people that are more than willing to help answer your questions. The resources are all there if you would like to learn how to use your machine.

The machine is not as simple as the expression. That being said, because of that you have so much more you can do.

Just know the help is there if you would like it. Best of luck!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Marjorie » September 12th, 2011, 11:39 pm

Thanks Tyler. When I get home I will watch the videos and will give it a try. I guess I'm just afraid of really messing something up on the machine!
Marjorie

Postby Gigi » September 13th, 2011, 2:09 am

Marjorie -

You are not alone in that concern,but trust me, there just isn't a lot you can do to mess up the machine! You can cut through a mat - most of us have done that at one time or another, but those are replaceable. The machine is tough and pretty darned indestructible. Just hang in there and you will see that it's easier than you think it is. Really!

If I have not destroyed it yet, then it must be pretty sturdy! :banghead: :banghead: :lol:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby beanie21787 » September 13th, 2011, 8:38 am

I will have to say the first day I got my cutter I was ready to put it in the road and run it over with a bulldozer but I turned it off walked away and the next day I tried again and it just clicked. I set the blade or lazer in the right hand corner ( the one clostest to you when the paper is loaded) I use the KNK plugin and have my image on the MTC mat in the upper right corner.....
001.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beanie21787

Cutter: lynx 12

Postby Suzan » September 13th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Way to cool Beanie, that is very nice and it explains it wonderfully.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Marjorie » September 13th, 2011, 9:57 pm

Thanks Beanie. I am sure I will be yelling real loud when I return home and turn this Lynx on!
Marjorie

Previous

Return to General