Vinyl on Roll

Vinyl on Roll

Postby minorcustomcrafts » September 3rd, 2011, 4:56 pm

What do you put the roll on or how do you set it up to print off a roll?
minorcustomcrafts

Re: Vinyl on Roll

Postby kate3 » September 4th, 2011, 1:26 am

I have this roller thing I bought off eBay a long time ago. It hooks to the end of my table. I am not sure what you would look under on eBay but I think I looked under vinyl signs and supplies.
I need someone to tell me where I can buy 24 inch wide indoor vinyl on a roll. Not shiny. I don't think it exists.
kate3

Postby MendyRap » September 4th, 2011, 2:02 am

Hi Kate! What about this?
http://www.hhsignsupply.com/productcart ... p43377.htm

It sells by the yard so, I think that would be a roll. You might email them and check first.
MendyRap

Postby kim » September 4th, 2011, 8:25 am

The two places that I order from, H&H and Signwarehouse, sell by the roll. H&H sells by the yard, which they put on a roll also, but you can get the 10 yard and larger quantities at better prices. Normally, when ordering by the yard, I get from H&H and if I get the larger quantites, I get from Signwarehouse. Signwarehouse, at least the last time I ordered, was cheaper in the "whole" roll price, but they don't do small quantities.

And for now, since I do always do vinyl, I just drop my roll behind my table and unroll enough to use. I have found that because the rolls I have are so heavy, the drag of pulling the vinyl up to cut will cause your cuts to be off, way off. The rolls are just too heavy. So until I can get all settled into a new place and have a nice little area to craft, the roll behind the table will just have to do. Later I may invest in some type of attachement that will work better.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby kate3 » September 4th, 2011, 10:43 am

MendyRap wrote:Hi Kate! What about this?
http://www.hhsignsupply.com/productcart ... p43377.htm

It sells by the yard so, I think that would be a roll. You might email them and check first.

Thank you so much! They even ship overseas. I put in an order and now I am waiting for the shipping costs, they could be scary. You don't know how long I have been looking for this in 24 inch wide lengths. It exists!
kate3

Postby pigtailpat » September 4th, 2011, 11:28 am

Kate -

what are you referring to? "hooks up to table"? Do you mean your desk table or a table for the cutter? Please look on your item for any identifying marks, or post a picture. I'm really curious. In general, I do not do oversized vinyl, because it is expensive and storage is a problem (one of the reasons why I felt an 18" cutter was better because I do not forsee doing much oversized vinyl requiring a 24" cutter). However, I do see a need to have alot of black vinyl, so I am interested in this device as a future thing.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby kate3 » September 4th, 2011, 8:56 pm

pigtailpat wrote:Kate -

what are you referring to? "hooks up to table"? Do you mean your desk table or a table for the cutter? Please look on your item for any identifying marks, or post a picture. I'm really curious. In general, I do not do oversized vinyl, because it is expensive and storage is a problem (one of the reasons why I felt an 18" cutter was better because I do not forsee doing much oversized vinyl requiring a 24" cutter). However, I do see a need to have alot of black vinyl, so I am interested in this device as a future thing.

Pat

Pat,
It just hooks over the end of any kind of straight edged table, no screws and lifts off when you are done. It has a metal roller you put your vinyl roll on and fits a 24 inch roll. The roller makes the roll flow smoothly. It doesn't have a name on it but I have seen it in vinyl stores and sign makers in similar versions. Back when I bought mine it cost around $70.00. I have seen some with 2 rollers. I will see if I can find anyone selling them to show you.
kate3

Postby MendyRap » September 5th, 2011, 12:26 am

You are very welome Kate! I know weeding through the internet can be very daunting! I hope they shipping isn't too bad! Have fun with all that vinyl and be sure to post LOTS of photos!!!! :D
MendyRap

Postby kate3 » September 5th, 2011, 9:20 am

MendyRap wrote:You are very welome Kate! I know weeding through the internet can be very daunting! I hope they shipping isn't too bad! Have fun with all that vinyl and be sure to post LOTS of photos!!!! :D

I will. One is going to be a hanging birdcage with the door open. Birds inside and flying around outside. I like to cut things in one piece rather than tile. The birdcage will be black with coloured birds.
kate3

Postby Gigi » September 5th, 2011, 10:25 am

That sounds gorgeous Kate - would love to see it when you are all done!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby whizzy » September 5th, 2011, 5:24 pm

kate3 wrote:
MendyRap wrote:You are very welome Kate! I know weeding through the internet can be very daunting! I hope they shipping isn't too bad! Have fun with all that vinyl and be sure to post LOTS of photos!!!! :D

I will. One is going to be a hanging birdcage with the door open. Birds inside and flying around outside. I like to cut things in one piece rather than tile. The birdcage will be black with coloured birds.

Sounds awesome!
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3  tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby kate3 » September 5th, 2011, 11:21 pm

Thank you ladies. I hope it turns out as nice as it looks in my head.
Whizzy, I just noticed you live in San Remo Victoria. We once took our daughter for a holiday there. Isn't that just near Phillip Island with all of the fairy penguins? I loved that little parade of fairy penguins each night.
kate3

Postby whizzy » September 6th, 2011, 7:16 am

kate3 wrote:Thank you ladies. I hope it turns out as nice as it looks in my head.
Whizzy, I just noticed you live in San Remo Victoria. We once took our daughter for a holiday there. Isn't that just near Phillip Island with all of the fairy penguins? I loved that little parade of fairy penguins each night.

Yes it is — San Remo is on the mainland side though, it is a beautiful tranquil little fishing village. We love it, moved down from Melbourne (bayside) 3yrs ago after DH retired. We still haven't done the official penguin parade tour probably won't now we're locals - LOL
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3  tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby kate3 » September 6th, 2011, 10:26 am

whizzy wrote:
kate3 wrote:Thank you ladies. I hope it turns out as nice as it looks in my head.

Yes it is — San Remo is on the mainland side though, it is a beautiful tranquil little fishing village. We love it, moved down from Melbourne (bayside) 3yrs ago after DH retired. We still haven't done the official penguin parade tour probably won't now we're locals - LOL

Local or not, you really should see them. They are so cute when they all come up the sand to go to bed. We took our daughter years ago and visited my husbands relatives on the drive down. The penguins helped me recover from that. :shock: Much better than therapy.
We have a San Remo about 1 1/2 hours from Sydney. It is not near the sea and not nice. I drive past it fast.
kate3

Postby kate3 » September 7th, 2011, 7:18 pm

kate3 wrote:

No I won't be posting pics. After waiting days for them to answer my emails. They just informed me they don't post overseas. Normally when an online store does not ship overseas it says so and they don't have drop down menu's so you can post to Australia including my State and Postcode. They even have a section where you can ask for postage on checkout for International post. I am so annoyed to finally find it and I can't have it. I asked them how hard is it really to put vinyl in a postage tube and post it? I give up. :banghead:
kate3

Postby MeFlick » September 8th, 2011, 4:05 pm

Kate3 - Maybe some of us can help you out. I order regularly from HHsignsupply. I would be happy to post to Australia but we would have to work something out as I don't have a paypal account and am not very good in figuring out conversion of $$$! But happy to try to help you if you need! Let me know or maybe someone else can help who does have a paypal account or an easier way to do the $ part of it!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby kate3 » September 8th, 2011, 9:22 pm

MeFlick wrote:Kate3 - Maybe some of us can help you out. I order regularly from HHsignsupply. I would be happy to post to Australia but we would have to work something out as I don't have a paypal account and am not very good in figuring out conversion of $$$! But happy to try to help you if you need! Let me know or maybe someone else can help who does have a paypal account or an easier way to do the $ part of it!

Thank you so much for the sweet offer and I would have said yes. I don't need to now though. I was telling a friend who isn't a crafter but lives in the USA how annoyed I was and she is letting me have the vinyl posted to her. She is used to me needing what she thinks are unusual things when we all know indoor vinyl isn't unusual. Thank you again!
kate3

Postby MeFlick » September 10th, 2011, 12:26 pm

Great Kate! Glad you had someone in the US to help you out. Offer still stands if you are someone outside ever needs help getting something shipped over! You are right - vinyl really isn't an unusual need is it?!?!?!??!!!! :? ;)
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Return to General