Calibration PNC question

Re: Calibration PNC question

Postby Phyllis » August 30th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Thyme wrote:Phyllis, what happens if you do a tiny shape at the end of the print and cut? So that when it didn't lift the blade after the final cut, the blade would already be in the bottom right corner - would that work in the meantime?

Dawn, I'm still trying to see if this works but Signcut keeps crashing on me right at the point of cutting after the third registration mark has been set. I'll keep trying some more, It's crashed 3 times now :banghead:
Phyllis

Postby Thyme » August 30th, 2011, 4:08 pm

It wasn't doing that before was it?
Can you check your port settings in Signcut, the 38400 and Xon/Xoff bit.
also try reinstalling
Thyme

Postby Phyllis » August 30th, 2011, 6:34 pm

No, I was able to get it to cut before and did a reinstall then but not recently. My port settings were OK, 38,400 and XonXoff is clicked. I've always had some crash problems but not like today. I hate to keep reinstalling and using up my lives.
Phyllis

Postby Tyler » August 30th, 2011, 9:52 pm

I am glad that the video is helping. The Print and Cut is much more accurate with the KNK plugin, and I am sure it will be the same with the Black Cat plugin when it comes out. It seems more intimidating, but it walks you through the process. In the mean time, I am so glad you are all around to help each other! I just can't be here all the time, nor do I see every post that is made. But with it is great that there are others who can pay more attention and help each other out. That is what this forum is for! Thank you!

Phyllis - you may also want to try another file and see if it still locks up. Reinstalling shouldn't use up your lives. It will tell you if you use up one of your installation lives.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Phyllis » August 30th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Tyler, where in Signcut does it tell me the lives used? I thought that used one but I probably misunderstood Dawn when she was talking about them.
Phyllis

Postby Thyme » August 31st, 2011, 3:20 am

Phyllis wrote:No, I was able to get it to cut before and did a reinstall then but not recently. My port settings were OK, 38,400 and XonXoff is clicked. I've always had some crash problems but not like today. I hate to keep reinstalling and using up my lives.

Re-installing won't use lives up, only if you install on a different computer or reformat
Thyme

Postby Phyllis » August 31st, 2011, 10:25 am

Oh, thank you, thank you Dawn.
Phyllis

Postby Thyme » August 31st, 2011, 1:07 pm

Lol Phyllis, you are very welcome!
Thyme

Postby Tyler » August 31st, 2011, 5:56 pm

I do Think it will tell you from within signcut, but when you install it on a different computer, it will say something along the lines of "2 out of 5 transfers have been used up."
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby gardencat » September 1st, 2011, 12:09 pm

Phyllis I wish I could help but I know nothing of signcut, I'm just using the KNK plug in with MTC and I've been P&Cing up a storm lately. I just want to encourage you to keep at it, because once you get it set, it is a very nifty and useful thing to be able to do.
gardencat

Previous

Return to General