Canson colorline paper..anyone cut it?

Canson colorline paper..anyone cut it?

Postby pigtailpat » August 24th, 2011, 8:55 am

Has anyone cut this stuff? It is 92 lb. (150 gsm) paper that is advertised as a "step up" from construction paper. Construction paper is too icky to cut, and this paper kinda feels familiar to it, but not really. A local store to me had it in 19" x 25" for 79 cents a piece, so I bought 2 pieces as a way of hopefully getting large cut "practice" before cutting my explosion box for real. I figured for $1.58, it was minimal risk for practicing.

Thanks.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Re: Canson colorline paper..anyone cut it?

Postby CaseysAngel » August 24th, 2011, 6:39 pm

I have some of that brand, same thickness, it's watercolor paper. I did a video umm I think of a flower I used and then colored with watercolor pencils. It cut WONDERFULLY!!!!!!!!!

I don't remember the settings but they are probably in the video or posted on the blog with the video. I want to say I just used regular CS settings though. I"ll check my notebook here in a bit. I'm sure I wrote it in there.
CaseysAngel

Postby pigtailpat » August 24th, 2011, 6:49 pm

Christy - thanks! I just did my very first oversized cut on this paper, and it CUTS GREAT!! My settings were click 2, force 107 (blue holder). At .79 cents a sheet for 19" x 25", you bet I am going back to the store tomorrow and get more at that price and in different colors. My fear is though, to get to this store, there's a portion on the highway that is an all uphill climb, and my poor little focus struggles with that. Whew! Got through my first oversized cut, I was SWEATING! Now for the real stuff....

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby CaseysAngel » August 24th, 2011, 6:53 pm

Glad it worked out great for you honey. And be careful traveling back!!!
CaseysAngel

Return to General