Cricut Craft Room

Cricut Craft Room

Postby conicuts » August 18th, 2011, 9:16 am

I was just wondering if anyone else here got an invite to try the new beta test of their new "craft room"?
http://www.cricut.com/craftroom/

I signed in and didn't install anything to my pc, but used the program to see what it was about.
Well, it replaces the need for Cricut Design Studio for bringing in cricut cartridge images to MTC for cutting!

It's easier than ever to use layers, make that white background layer, put your cricut images on the mat on another layer, then change the color to black for the images. Then use your print screen function on your pc or use the snipping tool to copy that image and pixel trace it to MTC! Plus, they even let you SAVE projects!

TIP: After signing in, choose that you have an expression (gives you the bigger mat), take the time to choose and say you have all cartridges (easier once you are looking for what you want).

I know we really don't need "their" images, but it's nice to know that after I spent tons on all the carts I purchased I can still use them (or ones I don't have) and get them into MTC. :D
Image<---- Cut by Connie's projects are Cougar cut...
Cut by Connie
SVGcuts
DigiScrapKits
Lettering Delights
conicuts

Cutter: 16" Black Cat Cougar

Re: Cricut Craft Room

Postby Phyllis » August 18th, 2011, 9:53 am

Connie, I got 2 invitations but never tried it. I don't even have my Cricut E anymore so not much use to me. They were having a lot of problems with this before, is it still in Beta?
Phyllis

Postby conicuts » August 18th, 2011, 10:39 am

Phyllis wrote:Connie, I got 2 invitations but never tried it. I don't even have my Cricut E anymore so not much use to me. They were having a lot of problems with this before, is it still in Beta?

They say it is in beta...I had no problem using it.

I've also sold my cricut and like I said above, we really don't need their images. Just passing the info on for those that may want one of the images off of a cart to use, as it's easy to get ANY image from ANY cartridge they have to cut on another machine using this online tool.
Although I cut exclusively with my cougar and have enough svg's I'd never need a cart image, it is still nice to know I can if I want.
Image<---- Cut by Connie's projects are Cougar cut...
Cut by Connie
SVGcuts
DigiScrapKits
Lettering Delights
conicuts

Cutter: 16" Black Cat Cougar

Postby Phyllis » August 18th, 2011, 3:05 pm

Connie, I agree. I opened my email today and there was another invitation (3rd one). They must be getting close to releasing to all.
Phyllis

Return to General