Glitter Ornament Box

Glitter Ornament Box

Postby Gramof8 » August 17th, 2011, 4:51 pm

There was a post on MTC forum about the glitter ornaments. I know how and did make a few last year. However I am not a paper cutter and want to make some of the boxes they fit into for the craft fair the granddaughters will be doing for their necklaces.. Someone had a link to Bryan's file for a box. I have posted there asking for some help and will do so here as well. I have never done any paper cutting. I always do vinyl. Can some one take a look at this file of Bryan's and tell me how to cut it and also let me know is it one piece and folded or is it several and glued. If this sounds dumb to you then please let me say I am so when it comes to paper cutting.I really would like some information and help with learning how to do a box.

Thanks

please remember that file belonging to others should not be reposted. edited by: Rachell
Gramof8

Re: Glitter Ornament Box

Postby MeFlick » August 17th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Gramof8 - if I remember correctly - the box has 2 pieces you glue together and then an "insert" to set down in the box to hold the ornament. Here is a link to the Christmas Challenge Thread with ornaments and boxes people made for the Christmas Challenge on the MTC forum last year. Maybe you can see what they look like better there.

http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussio ... ysangel/p1
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » August 17th, 2011, 6:55 pm

The smaller file looks like just one piece with inserts to me - and the larger two separate box pieces.

I bet if you cut the smaller one out of copy paper with the fold lines, you will see how it goes together more easily. I had a hard time with boxes too until I played with some of them and got a feel for how they went together.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MeFlick » August 17th, 2011, 6:58 pm

I think Gigi is right (I'm on the MAC thus no MTC and couldn't look at the files you posted) he created 1 that was all 1 piece maybe and 1 that was 2 pieces for those with smaller mats.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Angel135612 » August 17th, 2011, 7:27 pm

The different files are for different sized ornaments. So depending on what size ornament you are making, you would use that size box (that is the 83mm and 67mm in the file name). I believe the 83 needed to be two pieces, because it wouldn't fit on the 12 inch mat as one cut out.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby SBryanW » August 18th, 2011, 6:39 pm

Hi - Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I did post a diagram of one of the boxes on what and where to glue (glue tab) and what piece was the back, etc. You can find it here:
http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussio ... ment_83240
That doesn't show the top and bottom inserts, but there is no gluing on them.

Also, Thanks Rachelann for the note about not posting other files. In this case, though, feel free to post, modify, or use any of my ornament box files as needed. I wouldn't mind a shout out when you post them somewhere, but I have given them to use freely - no strings attached.

Last year I started working on another type of ornament box - one that has curved score lines and the top and bottom "pop" into place when you fold them in. I haven't perfected that yet, but since everyone is getting into the spirit, maybe I should put that on my list to get out this year...

Let me know if you have any questions or need any further information about any of the boxes.

Thanks,
Bryan
SBryanW

Postby kathybessey » August 18th, 2011, 6:53 pm

Bryan, the new box sounds awesome - time to get in the spirit! LOL
kathybessey

Postby rachellann » August 18th, 2011, 7:38 pm

SBryanW wrote:Hi - Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I did post a diagram of one of the boxes on what and where to glue (glue tab) and what piece was the back, etc. You can find it here:
http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussio ... ment_83240
That doesn't show the top and bottom inserts, but there is no gluing on them.

Also, Thanks Rachelann for the note about not posting other files. In this case, though, feel free to post, modify, or use any of my ornament box files as needed. I wouldn't mind a shout out when you post them somewhere, but I have given them to use freely - no strings attached.

Last year I started working on another type of ornament box - one that has curved score lines and the top and bottom "pop" into place when you fold them in. I haven't perfected that yet, but since everyone is getting into the spirit, maybe I should put that on my list to get out this year...

Let me know if you have any questions or need any further information about any of the boxes.

Thanks,
Bryan

As a reminder with files that are nto their personl creations to share we want them to link back to where the original file is as to not have anyone get in the habit of post files by others. had she stated that she had asked you before posting the files I would have left them but with out that I felt that they should not have been directly posted. As for future files if not posted by the original owner and posted by someone else with out first they have checked to make sure it is ok to repost I will use as it is per my discression to remove them to avoid any one being upset that files are being reposted.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby otrbanks » August 19th, 2011, 6:49 am

Is there any way Bryan (or someone else) can post the files for the ornament boxes here? They do not seem to be downloadable on the MTC forum (or maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet) Thanks. I give several ornaments every year and these boxes would be a perfect finishing touch!!
Tammy Jennings
http://tammyjennings.blogspot.com
18" Cougar "Kitty" is here!!!
otrbanks

Cutter: 24" SB & 18" BC

Postby rachellann » August 19th, 2011, 7:11 am

make sure you are signed in over at the MTC forum also if you have MTC they are in the gallery that you can get to thru the program it's self. Maybe Bryan can repost them here.
rachellann

Postby otrbanks » August 19th, 2011, 8:11 am

Got them! signing in was the trick! LOL (see I told ya I needed more coffee) LOL Thanks
Tammy Jennings
otrbanks

Postby SBryanW » August 19th, 2011, 8:18 am

Here are my files. Feel free to use, modify, or post for others to use. If you remember to mention where you got them from, great! If not, Oh well. The only thing I ask is that you don't take credit for creating them, or imply that you created them.

It has been a while since I've used these files, so if you have questions, just ask and I'll try to help you our (or many of the other users here that have made them can help you out). Here are the three sizes included:
67mm approx. 2 5/8 inches
83mm approx. 3 1/4 inches
150mm approx. 5 7/6 to 6 inches

All of the files use layers, and the score lines are on their own layers so that you can choose whether or not to use them, and if you do, what you use (blade, embosser, etc.) and when you "cut" them (before or after the actual cutting). The three larger boxes, when you open them up, appear to have the parts over lapping. This is because you will probably cut the parts separately (unless you are using a large enough mat).

Here are some diagrams to help put together the boxes that are in two parts:
Ornament Box annotated 1_sm.png

Ornament Box annotated 2_sm.png

Again, let me know if you have any questions
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SBryanW

Postby otrbanks » August 19th, 2011, 8:32 am

Thanks Bryan!!
Tammy Jennings
otrbanks

Postby Gramof8 » August 19th, 2011, 8:47 am

Thanks for re posting the box files Bryan. I guess I should have posted the link to where you gave permission to use them last year when the ornaments were all the rage. Certainly appreciate your hard work in creating them.

My granddaughters are making the ornaments for a Christmas Craft Show and the boxes will make them look much more professional. Now to find some really cool Christmas stock and some of the beautiful ribbon I saw that Maxine had on her's which were posted as examples within that post. They were gorgeous. But you know she has the touch!! :)
Gramof8

Postby Thyme » August 19th, 2011, 11:37 am

Thank you Bryan
Thyme

Postby rachellann » August 19th, 2011, 11:43 am

Thank you Bryan for sharing your files with us. you have saved many a lot of hard work.
rachellann

Postby Retta » August 20th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Bryan - you rock!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Gigi » August 20th, 2011, 12:21 pm

Thanks Bryan - it's a great file!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » August 22nd, 2011, 12:30 pm

Thanks, Bryan! I will surely use these files at Christmas time.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby CaseysAngel » August 22nd, 2011, 2:10 pm

Thanks Bry!!! I cut many of them last year and they were great I can't wait to see the new box style though.LOL
CaseysAngel

Next

Return to General