Worldwin Paper set option

Worldwin Paper set option

Postby Tyler » August 17th, 2011, 9:52 am

With some of the files, Nicki and I realized that we had an extremely limited range of paper colors that were all across the board in brands, and what we did have was not very organized. So we went ahead and purchased the basic Worldwin ColorMates Smooth and Silky line.

I just wanted to throw this out there, that if anyone is looking for a complete color set of good paper that cuts like butter to let me know. It would be 5-10 sheets of each color (there are 54 colors) for 50 cents a sheet.

Also available is the Worldwin CutMates, paper designed specifically for cutting machines. There is a smaller variety of colors in that line, but it may be what you are looking for.

I know this won't appeal to everyone, but there are some times where it is nice to not be limited by what paper colors are available to you. I am a bit OCD when it comes to organization and completeness. I love having all the colors that I need at my disposal. I also love that since they are the same brand that I can easily organize them. This may be useful for people who are just getting started.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Re: Worldwin Paper set option

Postby kate3 » August 17th, 2011, 10:24 am

A4 or 12" x 12"? I love Worldwin, it is the very best for paper piecing. I bought complete sets before they sold to another company. I hear they still make it the same but the colours are just different.
kate3

Postby pigtailpat » August 17th, 2011, 10:34 am

ARE YOU KIDDING !!!!!!!! You got the cutmates!!!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And colormates tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

YAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Now check out the petallics Tyler........
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby PennyDuncan » August 17th, 2011, 12:14 pm

That is GREAT Tyler......So if we wanted to buy several of a certain color.....is that possible??????
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » August 17th, 2011, 12:38 pm

OMG - I so love the Colormates -it is the BEST cardstock to cut. Sherri used to carry it when she had her online store and I bought tons of it (and she can vouch for that!!) I got the 8/12x11 as it was easier to store -but the colors are fabulous.

I was just reading that they came out with Cut Mates - great idea when you don't need a full sheet! And I agree - the petallics are the best - LOVE the shimmer!! For anyone who had not tried ColorMates, you will NOT be disappointed - the cut is amazing
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Tyler » August 17th, 2011, 1:14 pm

I have 12x12 colormates right now, but I can get anything from worldwin papers- petallics, cutmates, pearlesence, etc. I just can't sell in small quantities, due to minimum quantities that I need to buy and shipping issues.

It really is great paper and I hope it opens up some options for people! :-)

If you have specific questions about quantities or colors, please let me know!
Tyler

Postby Elizabeth » August 17th, 2011, 1:20 pm

I'm saving up for this starting today! I would love to have all colors of a great paper at hand. Wish I had a birthday coming up!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Angel135612 » August 17th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Tyler, That is good to know... I will be saving to place an order on the paper with you as soon as I can. I got about 3 colors of the doublemates (a light and dark color on either side of the sheet) and I love it.. .I have been looking for a sale, or a great deal on the paper since then... but I would be more than happy to support you and Nicki and buy this paper from you. Will get in touch when I'm ready to place an order with you.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Suzan » August 17th, 2011, 6:04 pm

You can't lose Diane or anybody. I bought a set of all the colormates. OH MY GOSH, I cut a piece the other night. It cut so so so so very nicely. I love it. I want to get it all.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » August 17th, 2011, 6:42 pm

I agree Suzan - I have cut a lot out of the ColorMates and it is so easy and the colors are vibrant. And I do love the doublemates too - fun to have one color on one side and darker on the other.

I am thrilled that Tyler is going to carry it - now I know where I need to go when I run out!! And would love to get some petallics - it is SO gorgeous!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kate3 » August 18th, 2011, 11:29 am

I bought a full pack of each colour of Double mates when I heard the company was being sold. I have loved Worldwin for so long. Then I found the A4 packs at a craft show each with 4 sheets of the same colour with a full colour range in each pack. I think I bought 9 or 10 to get all of the colour packs as in reds, blues, yellows etc on the colourmates. I got as many colours as I could in the 12 x 12 colourmates. Now I am ready to buy the new ones they have. I start to get shaky when they get low. It is my favourite of all card stocks.
kate3

Postby Suzan » August 18th, 2011, 12:09 pm

Oh Kate you have a paper love like me. Never ever can have enough paper.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Retta » August 18th, 2011, 12:21 pm

Me too - the more colors and kinds the better!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Gigi » August 18th, 2011, 12:31 pm

Absolutely!! Well you guys have seen my paper stash. If I get low on some of my favorites I order right away so I don't run out. I am addicted to luster line that Patricia at Paper Temptress carries. Both the card and text weight cut beautifully and they make gorgeous wedding, anniversary and specialty cards..... It is just gorgeous in person. So I always have a supply of that, along with my Colormates. I really need to check the colors as I know I am low on some!

I can run out of other things (not that I like to), but running out of paper is just NOT an option - if I can help it!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kate3 » August 18th, 2011, 9:23 pm

Umm, Suzan, I might have a large amount of paper racks in 2 rooms that must stay full. I do prefer paper love to paper addiction, lol. Oh no, I just remembered a box in another room that won't fit on my racks. It is OK, I can have a paper sale to get more Worldwin.
kate3

Postby Gigi » August 18th, 2011, 9:36 pm

kate3 wrote:Umm, Suzan, I might have a large amount of paper racks in 2 rooms that must stay full. I do prefer paper love to paper addiction, lol. Oh no, I just remembered a box in another room that won't fit on my racks. It is OK, I can have a paper sale to get more Worldwin.

LOL Kate - you will have to come over here to have a paper sale so Suzan and I can fight over buying it!! :ROFLMBO:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Phyllis » August 18th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Tyler is this on your site yet? I didn't see it. I would love to try some of the cut mates and color mates too.
Phyllis

Postby kate3 » August 18th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Gigi,
With my paper addiction, I mean paper love you know none of that is really going to leave my house. When I get down to the last 2 of one kind I can't use them because they are then on the special list. What if I used the last 2 of something and the next week the real perfect project they were meant for came up? I KNOW! I couldn't stand the thought either and the people here think I am normal.
kate3

Postby Gigi » August 18th, 2011, 10:53 pm

:ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Kate ! I SO understand and feel the same way! And I have accumulated way too much special paper so I have to start matching it with future projects and making them the "special" ones!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Tyler » August 19th, 2011, 8:28 pm

You guys are funny. I love having a collection of colors and I love this paper! Everytime I cut, I don't regret it.

It may be something that is not listed on the store - If I sell it in too few of quantity, I would lose to much, let alone the amount of time and work that goes into it! But if you do have a question, please, contact me and I am more than happy to help!
Tyler

Next

Return to General