Black Cat Platform

Re: Black Cat Platform

Postby kim » August 19th, 2011, 8:32 am

Well, I have started off my morning laughing. This is going to be a good day. I've never tried your remedy of drinking wine. Red gives me a migraine and I love Chardonney. Only problem is that after one small glass, I am done for. And don't even give me champagne! I've never tried the cutting up a mat either....THAT could be therapeutic. I had a Cricut mat that I should have done that to it. Instead I just stipped it and reo-glued. I missed my chance!
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Gigi » August 19th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Oh Jim - you are great!!

I have always been a white wine drinker - but have recently found Malbec and love it (also am really liking Meritage which I know is "cheating" in some wine circles) and love a good shiraz. Amazed that I am slowly converting to drinking more red, but white is still my first choice!

Hope you have a wonderful and CALM day, Jim!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Mary Kobe » August 19th, 2011, 3:13 pm

I had a DUH moment, too, when he was talking about the Grasshopper mat! I could not figure out what machine they were affiliated with..and then, DUH, the brain became engaged!

I did not use my "good" mat for at least a month..sort of like Jim...I was saving it for a special occasion! BUT, once I tried it, there was no going back.

I still have the green ones, plus extras that friends had given me because they do not re-sticky them. SO, I cleaned them off with Goo Gone and I use them as a work area mat. Who cares if they get banged up? I don't use them anyway!!
Mary Kobe

Postby LisaH » August 19th, 2011, 5:04 pm

Jim, you are a hoot! :ROFLMBO:

Never have been a wine person...tried, just can't develop the taste for it. Now, I like a good cold bottled beer and once in a while some jack and ginger! :o
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Mary Kobe » August 19th, 2011, 5:51 pm

Oh, Lisa, I am with ya! A cold beer is my choice! I have never been able to do the wine thing...I have tried! Years ago, and I do mean YEARS ago, I thought I could sweeten wine with a bit of sugar...um..yeah...no, it did not work! It was awful!

Lisa, whenever you want to have a beer with me, just let me know!
Mary Kobe

Postby Elsa » August 19th, 2011, 5:53 pm

LisaH wrote:Never have been a wine person...tried, just can't develop the taste for it. Now, I like a good cold bottled beer and once in a while some jack and ginger! :o

I, too, like a cold, cold, bottle of beer. Frozen margaritas are my favorite though. I cook with wine a lot....red and white.
I am not much on drinking it, but we went through the Robert Mondavi Winery in Napa years ago. He had a white wine that was great. I saved the bottle so I would remember the name. Have never found it here.
We have a winery about 10 miles from us. They have a white that is great, too. I can't remember the name....can you tell I am a connoisseur...but, they have a spice mix that you can add to it and you drink it hot like a cider. All I have to tell them is I want the bottle they recommend for their spice mix and they know what I am talking about.
Elsa

Cutter: 13" Black Cat Cougar

Postby LisaH » August 19th, 2011, 6:02 pm

ummm...Mary...got a cold one now!
LisaH

Postby Gigi » August 19th, 2011, 6:50 pm

LOL Lisa - will keep beer in the fridge for when you come!! (actually always try to keep beer around for those who prefer it!!)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby LisaH » August 19th, 2011, 7:00 pm

Thank you, Gigi, you are a very gracious (sp?) host!
LisaH

Postby Gigi » August 19th, 2011, 8:01 pm

You are so very welcome, Ms. Lisa!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Suzan » August 19th, 2011, 8:17 pm

LisaH wrote:Jim, you are a hoot! :ROFLMBO:

Never have been a wine person...tried, just can't develop the taste for it. Now, I like a good cold bottled beer and once in a while some jack and ginger! :o

Have you all ever had a Shandy, which is beer and seven up. It may sound gross but oh is it good. Goes down way to easy.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Mary Kobe » August 19th, 2011, 8:24 pm

My kids had Shandy at their wedding. I didn't have any because I did not know what it was! (With my kids, you never know!) But I did have my share of cold beer in bottles!

Lisa--you started without me! LOL I went to dinner with DH...only because he paid! LOL
Mary Kobe

Postby kathybessey » August 19th, 2011, 8:28 pm

We used to have those in England - beer and ginger ale!
kathybessey

Postby Gigi » August 19th, 2011, 9:01 pm

I cannot imagine beer and seven up - will have to ask my kids - they are beer and wine drinkers so they have probably tried it . Sounds very strange!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby sherri » August 19th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Ahhh Jim..it appears every time I come to the forum and you have posted it is always good for a big smile! You have a way with words....the new mats are in the field and they are being LOVED by everyone! The adhesive is lasting about 3-4 X as long, it holds the paper even better than before and everything is easy to remove even the first time you use them. It feels like there is no adhesive on them when you use them but they hold GREAT! I never thought we could out do the mats we had but it appears we have done it! YEA!

In regards to the tables I am placing the order on Monday and it is a 2-3 week lead time. I will announce when thy are able to be ordered. Dawn has done a WONDERFUL job on these tables..they look great and function even better. I think you will all be pleased. I am SO HAPPY we have the mat issue resolved and soon the table issue will be a distant memory as well. I am HOPING we have a small break before everyone comes up with something else to out me under pressure for....LOL Between all the sales, getting new mats designed and made and the tables it has been a very busy few months! But I know Dawn feels the same was as me. As long as we can keep making you guys happy we are continuing to do the job we promised! Make the machine a better product by keeping on top of your wishes! :-)

Jim...I am hopeful the trash man has picked up the garbage by now so you can relax knowing it is long gone...LOL
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Postby pigtailpat » August 20th, 2011, 6:27 am

Sherri - That is wonderful news, so I will plan on a ladies' get together during October and then I can show off my cougar baby (actually an 18" machine is no baby - but I consider it to be my baby). I want the tables so I can show him off.

And you are so right, between the tables, click holder and mats, you and Dawn have been busy. But Dawn probably can't relax as she has her hands full with the BC Cutting Studio. Time is flying so fast, and before we know it, December will be here and the BC studio will be born.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby kim » August 20th, 2011, 7:29 am

I know that this has all been a conspiracy to keep us from thinking about the new software!!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Can't wait for the new tables.

And Jim, I hope the garbage man has showed up to take away your pain, or you will need to make another run for wine. Either way, you will be pain free.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby gardencat » August 20th, 2011, 8:24 am

Jim I feel your pain with the mat, been there done that, with the sticky mat and totally delaminated paper.
I used to be a red wine drinker, loved the big full bodied reds like Pauillac unfortunately, as I got older, the reds didn't seem to like me and gave me a raging headache the day after so I have switched to white these days but still sneak the occasional small glass of red if I am out somewhere.
gardencat

Postby Retta » August 20th, 2011, 9:34 am

Jim I've not been on much! Oh I LOVE a story well told. I can just see our gentleman crafter - using those scissors!!! Thanks for the laugh and I do feel your pain. I need to order a new mat from Sherri. I've been using those "grasshoppers" for a while. I will be jumping up and down with the new mat when I get one!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Gigi » August 20th, 2011, 10:54 am

kim wrote:I know that this has all been a conspiracy to keep us from thinking about the new software!!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Can't wait for the new tables.

And Jim, I hope the garbage man has showed up to take away your pain, or you will need to make another run for wine. Either way, you will be pain free.

Oh Kim - that is hysterical - a conspiracy theory!!!! :ROFLMBO:

Well it obviously didn't quite work because you just brought it up again :D , but it does give us all something else to focus on - for awhile!!!

Take it as a compliment Dawn - we are not complaining - just excited!!

Gigi
Gigi

PreviousNext

Return to General