Black Cat Platform

Black Cat Platform

Postby jhankins » August 16th, 2011, 8:31 pm

Hey All-

Sorry haven't been around the forum for awhile. Life always gets in the way doesn't it? I did not search the forum first as I should for this...But here goes...

Ok, God usually gives women the gift of multi-tasking. Being a man I try real hard! Ok, to the point. If I cut things that are edge to edge, I need to be around to hold the mat so it wont slip from the rollers. (You can always tell by the sound. I look around and the mat is only being held by the blade.) However, if I had some kind of "platform" to bring the mat up to the same level as the cutter it wouldn't slip out. Right now I'm using a shoebox and it seems to work. This allows me to walk away and do something else while it's cutting. Anybody have a better suggestion? I'm I the only crazy person this has happens to? It's no big deal but if there was something....It would be awesome.

Still enjoying my cougar! I hope I dont burn out the engine, I've used it so much. It truly is a dream machine!

Jim
The Gentleman Crafter
jhankins

Re: Black Cat Platform

Postby Mary Kobe » August 16th, 2011, 8:39 pm

Jim,

I think you may be asking about tables. Here is a link to the tables that Dawn currently has and Sherri will be getting.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1048&hilit=cougar+tables
Mary Kobe

Postby Elizabeth » August 17th, 2011, 1:44 pm

Jim, would a bigger mat be a possible solution as well? I have this problem when using the 12" Cricut mats, but when not when using a larger mat. The new tables from Dawn look fabulous,too.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Thyme » August 17th, 2011, 2:07 pm

Jim, I think your mat is too small for your media and design. The mat should not come out from under the rollers when cutting regardless of whether tables are used or not.
Thyme

Postby Suzan » August 17th, 2011, 2:42 pm

Dawn I have had that problem also, using a full sized mat for my 13". If I cut 12 x12 the mat wants to slip when it is cutting at the back of the design. For me I just make the pattern slightly smaller, so it isn't a big deal.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » August 17th, 2011, 6:12 pm

That's what I have done too Suzan so the large designs don't come off the end -but then I have been using up my C*** mats so they are not long enough for that! Will be glad when I only have BC mats!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Thyme » August 18th, 2011, 5:45 am

Suzan wrote:Dawn I have had that problem also, using a full sized mat for my 13". If I cut 12 x12 the mat wants to slip when it is cutting at the back of the design. For me I just make the pattern slightly smaller, so it isn't a big deal.

It shouldn't slip with the Cougar mat, there should be just enough border to keep it held in.
If it does slip then spray the front edge of your mat and move the paper forward a little
Thyme

Postby Suzan » August 18th, 2011, 9:16 am

You are so smart Dawn, I was thinking if the mats had just a tad more towards the front it would work. Never thought to extend the stickiness on the front. And this only happens when I get size greedy and cut to the very close edges. It isn't like a 1/4 of an inch would make a difference. Thank you
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Thyme » August 18th, 2011, 2:43 pm

You're welcome
Thyme

Postby jhankins » August 18th, 2011, 10:01 pm

You know, as stupid as this sounds, I put the BC mat away and have been using the Grasshopper mats! Completely forgot about the Black Cat mat! Of Course! I put it away because it's like...well like a tux! You only bring it out for special occasions! I've been cutting envelopes over and over and over so I line up my Grasshopper mats cut, unload, load... assembly fashion...etc...I now know what Sherri felt like cutting all those chip pieces! Why am I putting exclamation marks after every sentence!?

Yes Ma'am! I gotta have one of those support tables! Sherri put me down for one! That's just plain old awesome! Good job Dawn!

Ok, off subject...I had a melt down with those blasted Grasshopper mats last night! They are he** on Wheels when they are new! How many times can you rub an old T-shirt over them to make them to remove some of the stickiness?! I cannot believe that a company, who has a division, that probably has a department, that strictly develops these stinkin' mats, could in clear consciousness put out a product, which when new, would tear the stupid paper to shreds. (How’s that for a fragmented sentence! Hope there isn’t any teachers looking!) I mean totally delaminate a piece of paper. I had to use my full force with the scrapper to get the delamed bits off! Of course, this was my last project for the night using the last of the EXPENSIVE paper I had and I thought I would be nice to myself and grab a new mat to finish off the project....Sadly, after I came back to from the blackout I had from being so mad :) I grabbed a nice glass of red wine, relaxed and took my favorite scissors and cut that mat into a million little pieces and threw every sticky piece of it in the trash! I even took the trash bag I cut it into to the outside trashcan. I may have even spit on it as I threw it in there. I don’t know I was feeling pretty happy by then!

Thanks for the info and ideas!
Jim
The Gentleman Crafter
jhankins

Postby kate3 » August 18th, 2011, 10:22 pm

I don't know you Jim but I think I really like you. Thank you for making me laugh and reminding me I have done stuff like that.
I think you get 2 tables, one for the front and one for the back of your machine.
kate3

Postby kathybessey » August 18th, 2011, 10:34 pm

Jim so glad to see you back on here. Yep the tables are a set - one for the front and one for the back. When I first saw you refer to certain mats as grasshopper mats I had to read it again and then had that DUH moment! I have been that fed up with those as well only I prefer a glass of white zin! :)
kathybessey

Postby Gigi » August 18th, 2011, 11:09 pm

LOL Jim - you are my hero!! :)

I too had to think twice about the Grasshopper mats! Also had a "duh" moment!! And I SO agree - the only good thing about a new mat is that it's clean. I have learned not to put anything I really care about on it the first few cuts as it will be plastered to the mat and will only come off in shreds! And I to have done the t-shirt all over the mat and it just doesn't take enough of the stickiness away!

I laughed so hard at your description of the death of the grasshopper mat!! (the wine had to make it much more bearable!)

Thank goodness for Black Cat mats and soon to arrive support tables!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elsa » August 18th, 2011, 11:17 pm

Hey, I don't know if this is Sherri's official pre-order list, but I want those tables, too.
Elsa

Cutter: 13" Black Cat Cougar

Postby Suzan » August 18th, 2011, 11:46 pm

Oh Jim I so love how you wrote this, degragged sentances and all. I have found those mats are always over over sticky. But I did get a batch once, that were so bad, plus that had a nasty odor to them. And then I was told they actually had a batch of bad mats that had gone out to sale. But I too took those nasty green mats and chucked them out. When you fling them like a frisbee they go pretty cool in the yard. Probably could hurt some one really bad.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Thyme » August 19th, 2011, 4:20 am

Lol Jim!!
Thyme

Postby pigtailpat » August 19th, 2011, 5:11 am

Kathy, I am also partial to white zinfandel, let's have a party!

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby jhankins » August 19th, 2011, 7:20 am

You guys are a hoot! I would love to know of a really good Zin. I'm a red wine drinker mainly. Malbecs to be specific. If you like reds and Malbecs try Zolo or my new favorite Ocasco. Nice, smooth and very crisp and inexpensive. Around 14.00. Not heavy. By the way the trash man comes today...there's will be this happier calmness about me when my little dead mat has completely left this property!

Happy Friday All!

Jim
The Gentleman Crafter
jhankins

Postby kathybessey » August 19th, 2011, 8:09 am

pigtailpat wrote:Kathy, I am also partial to white zinfandel, let's have a party!

Pat

Love it Pat!!!
kathybessey

Postby kathybessey » August 19th, 2011, 8:10 am

LOL Jim! So happy for you that calmness can return to your home when the grasshopper mat is gone for good.

Off to my third and final day of disaster class - after I take Aiden to the doc for his shots (he is NOT going to like me)
kathybessey

Next

Return to General