OK....My turn to enable.....

Re: OK....My turn to enable.....

Postby LisaH » August 15th, 2011, 9:01 pm

:ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: whatcha wanna bet, she's (Gigi) already been to pick one up or is going tomorrow... :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

oh, too funny Penny!!!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kathybessey » August 15th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Oh Penny!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny! My sides cannot take this and my little Aiden is looking at me like I have lost my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
kathybessey

Postby PennyDuncan » August 15th, 2011, 9:06 pm

ROFL...Lisa me thinks you are right!!! Notice how quite our Gigi is rightnow.... she "thinks" if she doen't respond we'll think ske's being strong and a good girl..LOL...BUT OOOOHHHHHH we know better... ;)
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby LisaH » August 15th, 2011, 9:07 pm

oh yes we do!!!!!
LisaH

Postby Gigi » August 15th, 2011, 9:26 pm

PennyDuncan wrote:Uhmmmmmmmm....So Diane....you want one right?????? ;)

Well Diane - I guess Penny nailed both of us!!

I don't want to drive to Best Buy because it is almost as bad as Michael's - but more expensive. I go in for one thing and come out with two or more!! I figured it would be safer and cheaper online!!

I like Kathy's idea but it would be lost on my kids. The ones who could afford it will be paying off a wedding! So...........

Oh woe is me!! Trying to resist........ really I am!!

Thanks Diane - that was cute - not sure how effective it was, but cute!! :hide:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » August 15th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Penny, I have been wanting an iPad for ages...but can't afford one right now (some how all my money goes to things like the FM and foil... LOL) But we are eying one that is supposed to be out some time this fall, you can hook it up to a docking station, and it is a laptop, with keyboard, running windows, and if you undock it, it is a tablet running Android,, and you don't have to turn it off to do it.. you can change it on the fly. I don't remember much about it, but that is the one we are waiting for. And since I'm just NOW getting a smart phone.. I want to get used to that before I go buy any kind of tablet.. LOL
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby PennyDuncan » August 15th, 2011, 11:45 pm

Angel135612 wrote:Penny, I have been wanting an iPad for ages...but can't afford one right now (some how all my money goes to things like the FM and foil... LOL) But we are eying one that is supposed to be out some time this fall, you can hook it up to a docking station, and it is a laptop, with keyboard, running windows, and if you undock it, it is a tablet running Android,, and you don't have to turn it off to do it.. you can change it on the fly. I don't remember much about it, but that is the one we are waiting for. And since I'm just NOW getting a smart phone.. I want to get used to that before I go buy any kind of tablet.. LOL

That sounds VERY cool!!!! I bet those will be hughly popular!!!
PennyDuncan

Postby Gigi » August 15th, 2011, 11:59 pm

I think you are right!
Years ago HP had a laptop/desktop - it had a docking station and became a desktop of sorts, and then if you wanted to go you just unplugged and took it with you. I don't know what happened but I didn't hear much about it after it came out.

The problem with all of this is that as soon as you buy something, it's outdated...there is always something faster, more apps, more memory,higher resolution, more apps - whatever!! It is so hard to figure out when to jump and get something!

I don't think I am ready to jump, but may have to go and look at everything and play with it and see for myself! And reading all of the reviews on several sites just made me more confused!! :banghead:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kathybessey » August 16th, 2011, 12:10 am

It will most likely be lost on my kids as well, oh well.

Just save up some money after I pay off these hospital bills. Tax refunds go to a new living room set first and then we shall see what is left over.
kathybessey

Postby Gigi » August 16th, 2011, 12:17 am

Oh darn, Kathy. I was hoping yours were better about that than mine!! They are good kids, really. But subtlety doesn't work on them - I have to hit them over the head with it and at that point it's easier just to get it myself! LOL

And we are really trying not to do gifts anymore for the adults - just for the little kids. Makes it easier on everyone and a lot more fun!!

Good luck with the new furniture - that will be fun!! And please take pics as you create the "castle" - it is going to be GREAT!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kate3 » August 16th, 2011, 5:31 am

PennyDuncan wrote:
kate3 wrote:Penny, I tried your link but they don't ship to Australia. I can ship to the USA as an Australian to someone I know. Then pay to have it sent on. Or that is the video I watched there just now but it is complicated if I ask someone to pick up from a store instead of sending it to someone. It has to be easier for them to just send to Australia.
I was hoping to buy one for my brother who is about to have surgery on his hips. He will be off work for 2 months and he always has a book or a computer in front of him. This is way better than a Kindle and Amazon sent me one of those from the USA. I will go and look and see if Amazon have them.

Hey girl....I would be HAPPY to send it to you if you want to have it mailed to me......don't mind one bit!!! You decide if you would like to do that..I PROMISE I will send it!!!!

Penny, You are such a lovely lady. Thank you so much for your offer to send one to me. I have heard from the friend I asked and she is happy to do this for me. First though I had to send her the link, then she had to go to Best Buy to check one out. Her answer was. "Wow, I want one too!" I think she liked it. By the looks of this thread I had better hurry up and pay for one while they still have them.
Thank you again for your kindness.
kate3

Postby PennyDuncan » August 16th, 2011, 6:42 am

You're most welcome Kate......I'm glad you've heard back from your friend.......just remember the offer still stands for now and in the future!!! Hope you're having a very blessed day!!
PennyDuncan

Postby scrappinwithz » August 16th, 2011, 7:20 am

Penny,
Do you know if games would be able to be played on this? I was thinking about buying my two boys inexpensive laptops for Christmas but this sounds much better if it would play games. Can you connect to it with wifi?
Z
Cutting with a 24" Black Cat Cougar "Betty"
Check out my blog http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
scrappinwithz

Postby kate3 » August 16th, 2011, 9:51 am

scrappinwithz wrote:Penny,
Do you know if games would be able to be played on this? I was thinking about buying my two boys inexpensive laptops for Christmas but this sounds much better if it would play games. Can you connect to it with wifi?
Z

Yes, it has WiFi. I know I have been to the site and read the description so many times now. I don't know if that means you can play games. I am not a game player but if you can get the net you can get some games.
kate3

Postby Gigi » August 16th, 2011, 11:04 am

And DEAR Lisa and Penny - I know it surprises you (and frankly it surprises me too!) but I have not been to Best Buy (YET!) nor have I ordered one (YET!)

I might go later...... have to go to Michaels and get some things framed at 60% off (enabling again) - and they really do a good job. I am not done with the 5 needlepoint pictures left, but they suggested I come in and buy the frame components in advance so they can lock in the pieces in case the frame is discontinued. Thought that was a great idea, albeit expensive at first, because I would hate to get down to the end and have a few of them in different frames. So.... will go check it out later this afternoon - I think.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby PennyDuncan » August 16th, 2011, 12:09 pm

Hehehe Gigi....YES I'm SHOCKED!!!! ;) Kate...YEP you sure can download game apps to it....tons of them...my youngest son, Dylan (17) downloaded Angry Birds last night and was having a blast with it....You can watch full feature movies and all on it......
PennyDuncan

Postby Angel135612 » August 16th, 2011, 12:22 pm

I want to get Angry Birds on my new phone when it gets here... I have played it a little as a demo, but I want to play it for real... another thing to waste time on... LOL
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby PennyDuncan » August 16th, 2011, 12:41 pm

LOL...Diane..you're cute...apparantely that is a VERY popular game!!! LOL Dylan has it on his Iphone too but loved being able to play it on the bigger screen.....he's even told me he would like to have one of the tablets for Christmas...he was amazed by the speed of it....
PennyDuncan

Postby Gigi » August 16th, 2011, 2:27 pm

OMG - my GROWN kids are addicted to it big time!!! I think my son finally got through it - it is definitely fun. Can't get it on my Blackberry - probably a good thing!

I love shocking you!! :o :o But the day is young.......... :ROFLMBO:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby PennyDuncan » August 16th, 2011, 6:26 pm

ROFL...Yep it sure is ladybug!!! ;)
PennyDuncan