OK....My turn to enable.....

Re: OK....My turn to enable.....

Postby Angel135612 » August 14th, 2011, 8:27 pm

Penny, You know you can't hide... so don't even bother trying... we will all come and find you and drag you out of your hiding place to enabl... er Inspire us to be better crafters. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » August 14th, 2011, 9:33 pm

LOL Diane.

Well I will have you all know that I did NOT go to Best Buy today (emphasis on TODAY!) I did however go to Michaels, but purchased NO punches or dies - NONE - ZERO! I did make a dent in that 25% off coupon but they had bead storage at 40% off so got more little containers for odds and ends, all ribbon was 40% off (with 25% on top of that good too!) and got some flat disc round ornaments to do something with for Christmas - may etch the names of the kids and the year on there - not sure - but wanted to get them while I had the 25% off (watch they will be 50% off next week)!! Oh well..... I behaved very well and did not violate my pledge. I barely even looked at punches (went down the aisle but didn't even TOUCH one!)

Was a very good girl!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Good thing there is no audio on here - I know , I know...... Gigi = Good??? NOT!! :hide: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » August 14th, 2011, 10:14 pm

I'm proud of you Gigi... that had to be hard to walk down the aisle and not even touch a punch... but it sounds like you got all kinds of other cool things. I stayed away from Michaels today... didn't need to spend the money and I'm sure they will have another 25% off everything coupon again in a few weeks.. seems like they come out with them like clockwork.
Angel135612

Postby sherri » August 14th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Penny...Penny...Penny...what an enabler...LOL I LOVE what you did for the case..very ingenious! CONGRATS!
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Postby Gigi » August 14th, 2011, 11:00 pm

Angel135612 wrote:I'm proud of you Gigi... that had to be hard to walk down the aisle and not even touch a punch... but it sounds like you got all kinds of other cool things. I stayed away from Michaels today... didn't need to spend the money and I'm sure they will have another 25% off everything coupon again in a few weeks.. seems like they come out with them like clockwork.

Yes they do have them pretty frequently and I had passed on the last few - so had a list! LOL Hopefully next time when you go shopping I will stay home and resist! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » August 14th, 2011, 11:11 pm

CAGigi wrote:
Angel135612 wrote:I'm proud of you Gigi... that had to be hard to walk down the aisle and not even touch a punch... but it sounds like you got all kinds of other cool things. I stayed away from Michaels today... didn't need to spend the money and I'm sure they will have another 25% off everything coupon again in a few weeks.. seems like they come out with them like clockwork.

Yes they do have them pretty frequently and I had passed on the last few - so had a list! LOL Hopefully next time when you go shopping I will stay home and resist! :)

LOL I did use the 25% off coupon the last time they had it.. so it was easy to resist this time. I need to start using what I bought the last time... LOL
Maybe we can just stay home and craft and chat to keep each other from going shopping... LOL
Angel135612

Postby Gigi » August 15th, 2011, 12:02 am

That works for me too!! The only coupon I need from them is a good one for framing! I need to use what I have as well!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kate3 » August 15th, 2011, 12:54 am

Penny, I tried your link but they don't ship to Australia. I can ship to the USA as an Australian to someone I know. Then pay to have it sent on. Or that is the video I watched there just now but it is complicated if I ask someone to pick up from a store instead of sending it to someone. It has to be easier for them to just send to Australia.
I was hoping to buy one for my brother who is about to have surgery on his hips. He will be off work for 2 months and he always has a book or a computer in front of him. This is way better than a Kindle and Amazon sent me one of those from the USA. I will go and look and see if Amazon have them.
kate3

Postby kate3 » August 15th, 2011, 4:01 am

Amazon have them and they sent me a Kindle. They won't send this though.
I called Best Buy. Did you know they are up all night? I have to put in an address they give everyone overseas in Texas. We all get the same address that tells them we are overseas. I know, weird. I am waiting on an answer from a friend in the USA to let me know she is fine if I have it sent to her and then she will send it on to me. Then I have to call Best Buy back, give them my credit card details and her name and address. Really? It has to be easier to just post to Australia.
kate3

Postby PennyDuncan » August 15th, 2011, 7:30 am

CAGigi wrote:LOL Diane.

Well I will have you all know that I did NOT go to Best Buy today (emphasis on TODAY!) I did however go to Michaels, but purchased NO punches or dies - NONE - ZERO! I did make a dent in that 25% off coupon but they had bead storage at 40% off so got more little containers for odds and ends, all ribbon was 40% off (with 25% on top of that good too!) and got some flat disc round ornaments to do something with for Christmas - may etch the names of the kids and the year on there - not sure - but wanted to get them while I had the 25% off (watch they will be 50% off next week)!! Oh well..... I behaved very well and did not violate my pledge. I barely even looked at punches (went down the aisle but didn't even TOUCH one!)

Was a very good girl!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Good thing there is no audio on here - I know , I know...... Gigi = Good??? NOT!! :hide: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

GOOD GIRL......we "think"!!!! ;) Sounds like you DEFINATELY SCORED on some great goodies!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby PennyDuncan » August 15th, 2011, 7:31 am

sherri wrote:Penny...Penny...Penny...what an enabler...LOL I LOVE what you did for the case..very ingenious! CONGRATS!

HEHEHE!!!!!!! I can't help it!!! LOL.....Thanks....I thought it was pretty cool...and frugal!!!
PennyDuncan

Postby PennyDuncan » August 15th, 2011, 7:33 am

kate3 wrote:Penny, I tried your link but they don't ship to Australia. I can ship to the USA as an Australian to someone I know. Then pay to have it sent on. Or that is the video I watched there just now but it is complicated if I ask someone to pick up from a store instead of sending it to someone. It has to be easier for them to just send to Australia.
I was hoping to buy one for my brother who is about to have surgery on his hips. He will be off work for 2 months and he always has a book or a computer in front of him. This is way better than a Kindle and Amazon sent me one of those from the USA. I will go and look and see if Amazon have them.

Hey girl....I would be HAPPY to send it to you if you want to have it mailed to me......don't mind one bit!!! You decide if you would like to do that..I PROMISE I will send it!!!!
PennyDuncan

Postby scrappinwithz » August 15th, 2011, 7:51 am

hmmm I'm going to have to check this out!! I've been wanting a tablet bad!! Been looking at the Motorola Xoom but this is a lot cheaper!! I love my Kindle but I can use a tablet and do so much more and still have the Kindle app on there to read my books with. I have an Iphone too but it's just too small for me to read with. Thanks Penny for the enabling...I think...lol.
Z
Cutting with a 24" Black Cat Cougar "Betty"
Check out my blog http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
scrappinwithz

Postby Elizabeth » August 15th, 2011, 8:46 am

Wow, Penny! That is a great deal. I have a Kindle, which I absolutley love, but it looks like you can do more with yours. I can access the internet with Kindle, but with a black and white screen, I don't think videos would be very entertaining! Love your purple cover!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby PennyDuncan » August 15th, 2011, 9:50 am

I don't think you'd be disappointed....while looking up more info yesterday......on the Pandigital site.....though the box has it listed as an E-Reader......their site lists it as Pandigital Nova - 7" Media Tablet.........which to me makes it a SUPER deal for the quality of product you're getting.....here's the page that has all the details.....
http://pandigital.net/search.asp?productid=468
PennyDuncan

Postby Gigi » August 15th, 2011, 9:57 am

scrappinwithz wrote:hmmm I'm going to have to check this out!! I've been wanting a tablet bad!! Been looking at the Motorola Xoom but this is a lot cheaper!! I love my Kindle but I can use a tablet and do so much more and still have the Kindle app on there to read my books with. I have an Iphone too but it's just too small for me to read with. Thanks Penny for the enabling...I think...lol.
Z

I agree with you and Elizabeth . I LOVE my kindle (and I don't think would ever give it up) but have wanted a tablet forever. I keep waiting for the one that will have a version of Word on it (dang Microsoft)so I can so things on the run and save them in the same format back and forth. Not sure that will ever happen, but sure wish it would.

In the meantime, this is certainly worth considering!! My resolve is fading fast ......

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Gigi » August 15th, 2011, 9:59 am

Penny - oh miss Penny/Paula! LOL

I read several reviews that you cannot use their keyboard with "10 fingers" - its the two finger method - is that true? I know you said you can hook up a portable/mini keyboard. but just curious what the configuration is like ON the tablet. Please talk me out of this! LOL

I really want a Blackberry Playbook, but it's too expensive AND waiting for the second generation that is more user friendly (and has the bugs worked out!) And - there are so many free Android apps which is a plus as well......

**sigh**

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » August 15th, 2011, 10:10 am

Hi GiGi, I don't think I could give up my Kindle either, unless to get an upgrade! I love the E-ink Pearl technology. It is so easy on my eyes, and I really appreciate the lack of glare, as I often read outside. I live on my laptop, but DH is looking into tablets. He was looking at IPADS the other day, but I discouraged him, because of compatiblilty issues. We are a PC family.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby PennyDuncan » August 15th, 2011, 10:21 am

CAGigi wrote:Penny - oh miss Penny/Paula! LOL

I read several reviews that you cannot use their keyboard with "10 fingers" - its the two finger method - is that true? I know you said you can hook up a portable/mini keyboard. but just curious what the configuration is like ON the tablet. Please talk me out of this! LOL

I really want a Blackberry Playbook, but it's too expensive AND waiting for the second generation that is more user friendly (and has the bugs worked out!) And - there are so many free Android apps which is a plus as well......

**sigh**

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Well my sweet ladybug.....You CAN connect a keyboard or a mouse to it!!! ROFL...it has a micro USB port...which you can adapters to convert it to a regular USB port (I have one ordered and it's shipping to me today....) and then you can use your keyboard...OR...you can purchase a special keyboard with the small end.....and if you turn the tablet in landscape mode it makes the keyboard bigger....

ALSO!!!!! You CAN use your word documents on it if you get a Office Pro Application that runs $20.00....to create and manipulate word, excel & powerpoint documents......I have it installed as the trail version and have my passwords on put on an excel spreadsheet and I'm able to tweek them as needed.......It's SUPER COOL I tell ya!!!

So....what else do you have to throw at me to try and talk yourself out of it!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: LOL..
PennyDuncan

Postby PennyDuncan » August 15th, 2011, 10:28 am

Oh YEAH!!!!!! Just thought I would throw this tid bit in....You can PRINT from it as well....like for me I have an EPrint capability with my Laser all in one printer......and I have it set up that all I have to do is send whatever I'm wanting to print to a special email addy which is my printer and it prints it for me....BUT there is also a print app you can download to make your tablet talk with your printer and have it print........

ALSO...I have a Netflix account....well they have an android app for it too and I have it installed on my tablet and I can watch full fledge movies on it....AND I can install skype on it.......Ok....I'm done now!!!! LOL
PennyDuncan

PreviousNext

Return to General