OMG! Retta!!!!!!!!

Re: OMG! Retta!!!!!!!!

Postby Gigi » August 15th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Pat - whatever you do I bet it is going to be gorgeous!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby pigtailpat » August 16th, 2011, 5:46 am

rain, rain go away, I want my project to be able to dry! Yikes! if this rain goes away, I will be trying the spray paint on some scrap pieces today to see if I like the effect..

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby rachellann » August 16th, 2011, 8:53 am

We are having heavy rain here this morning so any thing that involves going out side is put on hold til it stops raining.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby MeFlick » August 16th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Finally got back to get the files downloaded - thanks again Rachellann and Retta for your hard working in creating "cut files" to use with our cutters. I also had trouble "finding" all the "how to do this" from the files and then didn't seem that I had it all so I went "searching" for the blogs Retta said she found it on. Here are the links to those for those wanting to see some more great examples. The first two are the ones Retta said she found her info. that she used. The Path of Paper points back to the 3rd blog as her source for the idea.

http://shellyhickox.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... onday.html

http://apathofpaper.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... r-h2h.html

http://inksomething2.blogspot.com/2010/ ... -card.html

Now, to find the time to try one of these out. :banghead:
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby kim » August 16th, 2011, 5:48 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if it is ever going to rain here. We either get all or nothing. We need several days of a steady light rain. We need cooler temps!!! I am getting so tired of heat indexes in the triple digits.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Gigi » August 16th, 2011, 8:53 pm

We need rain here too Kim, but it's basic Southern CA weather........I really cannot complain. I feel so badly for those in Texas suffering 100 degrees plus for the umpteenth day - I have lost count!!

Praying for rain for those who need it......

Gigi
Gigi

Postby pigtailpat » August 16th, 2011, 8:57 pm

The rain stopped here during the really late latter part of the day, but I had enough light that I was able to spray my pieces. Let me tell you, this spray paint is AWESOME (I've been using that word too much huh?). My project is really coming together, but I am missing critical brads I need. Not surprised as I have not been ordering or getting much supplies (I'll give you a guess why...) So off tomorrow I go in search of brads...the brads are holding up assembly...I am still alittle not sure what I will be doing for the lower half of the card (ie how to make the stop) and what decoration to put there. But the whole top half is done (waiting for the brads of course)..

The spray paint is Krylon, 18 kt. premium gold plate. It is the real deal, worked great on the chipboard and looks wonderful. According to the directions on the can, it can be used on plastic too, but I have never tried that yet. A few weeks ago, on a whim, I bought it when I got the gallery glass paint (with coupon the paint was nothing). I will post a photo when done.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby kim » August 16th, 2011, 9:43 pm

I can't remember the last time we were under 100 degrees. And with 84% humidity, it's awful.

I remember one year we were in CA for the summer and we were dining out. We sat near a window and we saw a streak of lightning. It was the first time in all the years that we went to CA during the summers that we ever saw rain. The people on the beach were running for cover. The lifeguard had to get the manual out to find out how to handle the situation with lightning. It would have been funny, but people were running, surfboards/buogie boards over there heads. One person was struck by lightning. You just wish that you could have been in the middle of it all and yell for everyone to lay down on the sand, under the lifeguard station. Don't stand up and make yourself a target for the lightning. It's a wonder more people weren't struck.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Gigi » August 16th, 2011, 10:42 pm

Pat - that sounds spectacular . Hope you find the brads tomorrow so we can see it!!! Love the description.

And Kim - wow how scary. When I lived in AZ we got lightning all the time in the summer with the monsoons, but it's pretty rare in the summer in CA - no wonder the lifeguards were puzzled. How frightening to actually see someone hit :( Glad you were safe!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Retta » August 18th, 2011, 12:18 pm

MeFlick - thanks for posting those. I didn't see the original Blog. I just did the pattern the way apathofpaper did it. I am sure anyway you can get it to come out will work. I like the idea of the chipboard, just for longevity (sp?)

I'm so glad you all like it.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Previous

Return to General