Hmmm, the birthday girl is quiet today!

Re: Hmmm, the birthday girl is quiet today!

Postby CaseysAngel » August 10th, 2011, 9:25 pm

aww happy brthday honey. I hope you had a great day!!
CaseysAngel

Postby Gigi » August 10th, 2011, 10:14 pm

Thank you all - you made me smile. It's been kind of a tough day. It's nice to know that all of you are here, caring enough to say "Happy Birthday". It means a lot.

I love you.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Retta » August 10th, 2011, 10:16 pm

Hope your dog is okay! Gigi - have a wonderful week, we can't just stick to one day!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Gigi » August 10th, 2011, 10:26 pm

Yes Retta - she is ok. Just cocker stuff - bad ears, bad skin - she is a rescue and her whole digestive system is messed up. She is such a love and nothing is easy for her. Breaks my heart. But she is ok.

It was just a really long hard day. Had high hopes today - was seeing a new doctor who was supposedly a miracle worker and he thought he could help me - but he can't. I thought I had protected my emotions and wasn't investing a lot of hope in the visit, but guess I had much more invested in the visit than I realized. So I feel pretty shaken up.

Sorry - probably shouldn't have said anything. Just feeling a bit raw emotionally.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby CeCeCreates » August 10th, 2011, 10:50 pm

CAGigi wrote:Yes Retta - she is ok. Just cocker stuff - bad ears, bad skin - she is a rescue and her whole digestive system is messed up. She is such a love and nothing is easy for her. Breaks my heart. But she is ok.

It was just a really long hard day. Had high hopes today - was seeing a new doctor who was supposedly a miracle worker and he thought he could help me - but he can't. I thought I had protected my emotions and wasn't investing a lot of hope in the visit, but guess I had much more invested in the visit than I realized. So I feel pretty shaken up.

Sorry - probably shouldn't have said anything. Just feeling a bit raw emotionally.

Been there dearie. I have left crying from a dr.'s office more than I care to admit. That stinks that it is on your birthday too. So sorry he can't help you.
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby Retta » August 10th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Of course you can share! I have been praying too. I would feel the same way. I'm so sorry!

I am praying that they will come up with more to help you with. Honey we sure do love you and if you need to
share or jsut want to - that is just fine with us!

Many hugs sweetie!
Retta

Postby Gigi » August 10th, 2011, 10:53 pm

Thanks CeCe - I shouldn't have even posted that.

I am so sorry that you have had that experience. It's the pits. :bighug:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby CaseysAngel » August 10th, 2011, 10:54 pm

CAGigi wrote:Yes Retta - she is ok. Just cocker stuff - bad ears, bad skin - she is a rescue and her whole digestive system is messed up. She is such a love and nothing is easy for her. Breaks my heart. But she is ok.

Of course you should have said something honey, that's what we are here for!!!!!!!

I'm soooooooooooooo sorry he couldn't help you honey. That's so frustrating when you don't feel good and no one can help you. You just feel like giving up. Hang in there though precious and we'll just pray really hard for God to send the healing power to you. Just remember that anytime you need to let it out we are here for you and we love you!!!!!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby Suzan » August 10th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Gigi, I so wish I was there right now to hug you big time. I know how hard it is to not invest a lot. Valerie went thru that with her knee, and a lot of painful procedures to be let down. I know right where you are at. :bighug:
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby CeCeCreates » August 10th, 2011, 11:07 pm

CAGigi wrote:Thanks CeCe - I shouldn't have even posted that.

I am so sorry that you have had that experience. It's the pits. :bighug:

Thanks to you too Gigi.

Well, the only reason not to post is if it makes you uncomfortable for people to know. You know of course that it is certainly fine to post it here, and that many people here care about and for you very much. I find going to doctors to be incredibly frustrating experiences. If you ever want to talk privately, just let me know.
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby JeannetteC » August 10th, 2011, 11:16 pm

So sorry to hear that Gigi. Hopefully there will be something that does help. It's really hard not to get our hopes up and so natural to feel let down afterwards.
Cece said it well. Unless it makes you uncomfortable for people to know, it's definitely ok to post here. We are all here to listen, support and pray.
:bighugs:
JeannetteC

Postby Gigi » August 11th, 2011, 1:58 am

You are all so wonderful and I feel so blessed that you are in my life.

I don't want to whine - I know so many here are dealing with a myriad of difficult situations and I guess mine is just another one of those! It's been a long 16 years since I woke up with a strange disease and no treatment has worked,and what treatments are out there are hit and miss. Even the supposed most "renowned" say they have never seen a case quite like this - how wonderful to be so rare! :) I go to physical therapy off and on over time to try to slow down what this is doing to my body, and the past few weeks they have been able to get movement that hasn't happened since this first happened. That is huge - but no one knows what to do about it. I was hoping the doctor today would be able to somehow take the glimmer of hope and make it more. But instead I got a very compassionate "I have never seen a case quite this bad." I had so hoped that maybe I could stop the damage that is progressing to the rest of my body which is trying to compensate for the muscles in my neck and head being pulled, twisted and rotated.

I am not giving up, I had just exhausted the options out there that I know of and I thought this might be a new approach that might help further. I am not a stranger to closed doors and windows, but this time felt different - more promising.

But life goes on - right? And we all put one foot in front of the other and keep doing the best we can do. And tomorrow is a new day. And tomorrow we can talk to each other and find some time to craft and live life to the fullest.

But right now, this minute, it's just plain hard.

Thanks for listening - I will be back to "normal" tomorrow - I promise!

Love you all

Gigi
Gigi

Postby pigtailpat » August 11th, 2011, 6:06 am

Gigi -

I have no idea how to comfort you or what to say, as I have been relatively lucky to have working (mostly) parts on my body. I hate watching people in pain it just tears at my heart. You have never said one word, the grace in which you have handled your pain is incredible. The only thing I have to offer is how much I think of you and respect you, and the community here that Sherri and Dawn have made, hopefully supports you through this time.

Love,

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby CaseysAngel » August 11th, 2011, 6:57 am

You are exactly right, life does go on. THe fact that you are posting the way you are should remind you how strong you are honey. Let go and let God sweety!
CaseysAngel

Postby JeannetteC » August 11th, 2011, 9:22 am

Gigi, you have amazing strength of spirit. You really inspire me. You are one of the first to support and make everyone here laugh. That you do this with your own physical challenges really amazes me. I pray that new developments will happen that will help you to manage these medical issues better. Love ya!
JeannetteC

Postby Thyme » August 11th, 2011, 9:30 am

Oh Gigi, I am sorry!
sending you hugs
Thyme

Postby CaseysAngel » August 11th, 2011, 9:37 am

Hope your day is better today honey!!
CaseysAngel

Postby Retta » August 11th, 2011, 11:56 am

Gigi - me too, I hope your day is much better. As long as you want to talk about it we are here. It helps me to be able to pray more specifically for you also. Blessings my friend!
Retta

Postby PennyDuncan » August 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Retta wrote:Knowing Gigi - if she got a tatoo - she would use the foil master on it!!! Hope he is cute Gigi! LOL (Suzan - you crack me up! )

:ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: GREAT ONE Retta!!!!!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Gigi!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby PennyDuncan » August 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Gigi So sorry you're having to endure this horrible pain and for a reason they don't understand??? That has to be mind boggling!!!! Sending you HUGE (((((HUGS)))))) but I won't squeeze too tight!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

PreviousNext

Return to General