'Return to home' cut ruining my design!

'Return to home' cut ruining my design!

Postby suemcnenly » February 14th, 2018, 8:43 pm

Hi guys. Long time no speak:) I'm in desperate need of help....and of course I'm on a deadline!

I'm cutting out some words. I have already done approximately 100 of them over a period of a month....no issues. Today I sat down to cut some more, and no matter what I do, the blade cuts right through my design on it's way back to the home position when it's done cutting. I've watched and it is not occurring when it first travels to the spot where it begins cutting, only when it is returning home. I have already tried: changing the blade, turning the machine on and off, raising the blade housing, updating to the latest software....pretty much anything. As I mentioned, I have done this 100 times on the exact paper, etc. It is not a materials issue. It seems as though the software is actually telling the blade that the 'return to home' command is also a cut command.

I've attached a pic showing various tests. I have to get 100 more of these cut for a deadline in approx 1 month, and since I'm in Canada I don't have time to send in the machine for a repair. Please advise. I am putting my faith in this wonderful forum:)

Suzanne McNenly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
suemcnenly

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: 'Return to home' cut ruining my design!

Postby Gigi » February 14th, 2018, 11:29 pm

Did you reset your machine along with everything else that you did? I have seen that machine reset solve a wide array of problems.........

Can you send me the file as it is just so I can test cut it and be sure it is not something wonky in the design that accidentally got there? I am sure you have checked that - just searching for an answer.... You can upload it here or send it to me if you want. gigi@silverbulletcutters.com
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby suemcnenly » February 15th, 2018, 9:09 pm

Thanks Gigi. Yes, I did all that.

Today, 5 mins into retesting the exact file, it did the exact same thing, then all of the sudden stopped doing it and I was fine for 1 hour. This has actually happened to me once or twice over the years....then it magically fixes. I know it will happen again, so I'll just shut everything down, walk away for a day then cross my fingers. So weird.
suemcnenly

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » February 15th, 2018, 9:39 pm

That is so strange. I will mention it to Sherri and see what she thinks. In the meantime, I am glad that you can get it do respond well off and on - but there needs to be a better answer!

EDIT:
OMG - see if stopping the blade when the cut is done solves your problem. Dont let it return to origin. Duh - I just thought about that as I was typing another email and had to come back and edit this post!!

Open up your cut setting menu (see photo) and go to the End Action setting that I have highlighted there. The default is Rewind to origin. So click on the drop down menu and change it to do nothing. Then it will stop at the end of the cut and not return to origin - which should stop it from cutting the file where you don't want it to. See if that helps. Sorry I didn't think about it sooner.........

Please let me know if that works for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General