Can't get machine to go offline

Can't get machine to go offline

Postby tamihowse » October 13th, 2017, 10:50 am

OK, this is the first problem I've had in a LONG time with my Black Cat Cougar. I cut the other day, and I didn't have any problems. Today, I had my mat set up to cut, and I pressed cut on my SCAL and the cutting bar started loading, but the machine didn't cut. I was online, turned the machine off, turned it on (cancelled the cutting) and I couldn't switch the machine to offline to set up my mat again. I tried doing a reset (the machine did reset) but I can't get it to switch to offline again. Tried cutting again, but the same thing happened. I have an order to cut today (my bad for waiting until the day of to send it), but I can't pull it off. Ideas? Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Re: Can't get machine to go offline

Postby Gigi » October 13th, 2017, 11:15 am

As long as you are sure the machine is communicating (rule that out first as I am sure you did), it's either the LCD panel or the motherboard. I would call Sherri and tell her what's going on and see which part she thinks you need. It could just be that one of them need to be replaced as those are the only two things that can go wrong with the machine and are easily replaced. I am guessing it's the motherboard - but not sure. You can call Sherri or contact her at info@silverbulletcutters.com.
I will try to reach her as well to see if between us we can get a quick answer.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby tamihowse » October 13th, 2017, 12:27 pm

Yeah, I don't think it's a communication error (yes, I did think about that as well). When I turn on my machine, the display says "reset" even though I'm not doing a reset, then it goes to the online display. And, the blade doesn't move back to the far right like it always does when I turn the machine back on. I'll also e-mail Sherri.
Thanks so much, Gigi. I can always count on you! Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Postby Gigi » October 13th, 2017, 3:15 pm

Thanks Tami.

I just got off the phone with Sherri. We both feel it is the motherboard (and she doesn't have a lot of the BC motherboards left), so her advice is to order that part and it will ship to you on Monday. She said it is easy to install and there are detailed instructions in the Learning Center. If that doesn't resolve the problem let me know. But we both feel it will.

I know it isn't the immediate fix you wanted, but it's the best we can do right now. So sorry.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby tamihowse » October 14th, 2017, 7:47 am

OK, Gigi. Thanks. I did end up getting it to work. I opened and closed the lid and it started up. I think I might have a loose wire. I think I'll just order a motherboard anyway since it looks like Black Cats are being phased out. :? Thanks for your help. T
tamihowse

Postby Gigi » October 14th, 2017, 10:39 am

I am so glad you got it to work. But you are right. She can no longer get parts for the BC so that would be a wise decision. What she has left is all she will be able to get.

Happy cutting today! Good for you for continuing to figure it out! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Return to General