Engraving tags

Engraving tags

Postby clayalley » April 28th, 2015, 7:23 pm

I would love to be able to engrave tags but need advice on how to do it. Do you cut a template out of matboard to put your tags into so that they stay put while you engrave them? Do you just plunk them down on the mat and engrave them that way? I would love to make some pet collar tags for my little fur balls. any ideas - is there a tutorial somewhere? Any and all info and ideas are greatly appreciated.... Karen - still playing with my SB
clayalley

Re: Engraving tags

Postby Gigi » April 28th, 2015, 8:36 pm

Hi Karen -

Did you happen to watch the video that was recorded for Silver Bullet Live last Thursday? There was some discussion on engraving and how they do it and you may find some of that helpful. Most of them use a jig of some sort and I believe they are going to show examples of different ways to use the machine over the next few weeks.....

Some will engrave just by taping the item on the mat. Have you done a search on the forum for engraving tags? I know there have been a variety of discussions on engraving, but I would start with the video from Thursday and see if that helps. The link is under "Silver Bullet Live" or you can go to You Tube and do a search for Silver Bullet Live......

Hope that helps you get started....
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: Engraving tags

Postby sherri » May 11th, 2015, 7:55 pm

This week we will be using a jig for leather but the basic principal is the same.
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Return to General