Converting Files

Converting Files

Postby maksbx » January 15th, 2015, 2:31 pm

If I create files in DraftSight, what is the best way to get them into Sure Cuts A Lot? Is it better to import them or can you open them up in SCAL? Or can you print them as SVG or PDF and use them that way? I am new to this software and am curious of the best way to get my drawings into SCAL. Thanks!
maksbx

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Re: Converting Files

Postby MeFlick » January 15th, 2015, 2:48 pm

What file formats does "DraftSight" save in natively? What file formats can it "export" out to? Does it create "vector" files or "raster" files? Sorry, I have never heard of "DraftSight" so not sure of the answers to those questions. If you can answer those questions - someone can give you a better idea as to the best way to get your files into SCAL for cutting.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby maksbx » January 15th, 2015, 3:12 pm

It can print to SVG and PDF, which I can seem to use for importing. It can save as different drawing types for DWG and DXF. But in general, what file types are best to use for SCAL?
maksbx

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Postby Gigi » January 15th, 2015, 3:19 pm

I just googled it as I have never heard of it either.

It will save as an svg (export to or save as) per the feature list, so I would save as an svg and then open in SCAL and see how the file looks. Depending on what you are doing, you can always save as a jpeg and then bring into SCAL, trace it and get your vector image that way - just depends what you are designing and what your objective is.

SCAL also supports DXF files so if that preserves the file better, you can use that. I would experiment between DXF and SVG and see which gives you the best results.

Hope that helps. Once in SCAL you can save them as a SCUT file and then open them directly rather than having to import every time. Lots of options....
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General