ORIGIN POINT vs WYSIWYG

ORIGIN POINT vs WYSIWYG

Postby SandieGeek » February 15th, 2020, 12:20 pm

Hi Fellow Crafters,

If you are new to the Silver Bullet machine you may feel somewhat uncertain when it comes to cutting using the ORIGIN POINT or WYSIWYG. I created this mini tutorial with the difference between the two of them and I hope you will find it useful. You will see though that the more you use the machine the more things will click and you will wonder how you managed so far without it. I fell in love with it from the second I watched a youtube video on it.

Have fun and happy crafting!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SandieGeek

Cutter: Professional 13

Re: ORIGIN POINT vs WYSIWYG

Postby Gigi » February 16th, 2020, 12:42 pm

Thank you!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Shoshi » February 26th, 2020, 8:08 pm

Thank you Sandy - this confirms everything that Gigi so kindly explained to me recently. I was having great difficulty getting my head round origin vs WYSIWYG. As Gigi suggested, it certainly helped to try it in real life. I think one thing that confused me a lot was that I didn't realise that when you cut using origin, it doesn't matter where the image is on the virtual mat. I managed to cut a piece perfectly from a scrap that had a hole cut in it - setting it up to cut "origin" cut the piece perfectly and avoided the hole in the scrap! I was really pleased when it worked.

Been busy with other things since then and haven't been in the studio and I've done no cutting. However, I've got some new Mylar sheets from Ebay which arrived today and I want to cut some stencils.

Shoshi
Shoshi

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 13 in

Postby Gigi » February 26th, 2020, 8:29 pm

Good luck with your cutting. Glad we both could help you understand origin - it takes a while when you are used to doing it a different way. Now you have another cutting option. :)

Good luck with the stencils. Have fun!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby SandieGeek » May 2nd, 2020, 9:18 pm

Shoshi - I am so happy that both of us were of help. Gigi is absolutely amazing! The only downfall that I found in relation to cutting using the origin point feature (and I say "downfall" with a smile on my face) is the fact that now I have to find new space in my craft room to store the scraps. Where before all scraps of a finished project were thrown away, now I see them as small treasures :-)
SandieGeek

Cutter: Professional 13

Postby Gigi » May 2nd, 2020, 9:53 pm

Thank you for your kind words. Just have a lot of years of experience but still learn new things all of the time from all of you! :) And I totally agree with you. I have a 12x12 case with folders labeled with each color and then solid and patterned (blue -solid and blue-patterned) etc. And that is where my scraps go and I look there first before grabbing a new piece of card stock. I used to go through card stock much faster, but so often a scrap is just what I need!! We are all saving money! (have to find a positive in this!) Enjoy creating!

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series